HTC Wifi Calling

Discussion in 'Other Devices' started by Bigd187, May 7, 2011.

1. Bigd187

Bigd187 Members

I just wanted to let everyone know that Tmobile Wifi Calling is a reality on our MIUI's.
    So I wanted to give a shout out to Mark to see if he can incorporate this into these excellent roms! Here's the thread on xda HD2 forum :

Tmobile USA only! Follow the instructions for "other" roms minus the adding of wifi info in build.prop (look below for my quick instructions since tytung r10 kernel is built into the newer miui's---> )

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1038784

1. remove libhtc_ril_wrapper.so in init.rc
    ***If coming from miui update tytung r10 and/or already modified the init.rc then u may not need to do this step. (Tytung has taken this out for us in his r10 kernel thanks tytung!)***

2. Flash the zip below

3.Reboot then wait for everything to settle. (Don't use wifi calling until after step 4 or u may not have sound on calls)

4. Reboot again and then wifi calling should work

Wif Calling update (modified build.prop) : MIUI 1.5.20

http://www.mediafire.com/?fe3j3w5nx1g3py8
  2. Google Adsense

3. Bigd187

Bigd187 Members

I see multiple views on this thread can others post and let me know if this works for you?
  4. Gfam4

Gfam4 Members

Will give this a try later today. Also wondering if this will use up any Minutes or Data?

Sent from my HTC HD2 using the miui-dev.com Forums App
  5. krunalkp

krunalkp Members

yes it will use minutes but data will be your wifi .. bcs its wifi calling ... so your data from carrier will be disconnected ...

This is use full for people who have no or less coverage in their house or offices .. can stay connected through wifi n make or receive calls ...
  6. Bigd187

Bigd187 Members

Oh yeah out of the country calling for tmo usa subscribers. Meaning if ur visiting grandma in timbuktu and ur connected to wifi and ur carrier is tmo usa ur good. No international rates when calling from other countries to usa ;) supposedly.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk
  7. Bigd187

Bigd187 Members

miui 1.5.20 wifi calling update available
  8. cdougnut

cdougnut Members

Just flashed wifi calling update. App no longer freezes on 'Enabling...' but it never seems to enable. I read somewhere that the wifi router requires some sort of configuration...is this true?
  9. Bigd187

Bigd187 Members

Im not sure my router is setup up stock with NO config changes. I havent had a chance to test it on another router yet. I will this weekend for sure and ill report back ;)

Did u remove the line from init.rc?

Oh yeah this wifi calling wont use libmedia like krunal does so just a heads up if ur needing stock sdcard access.
  10. cdougnut

cdougnut Members

I'm on 1.5.20 with tytung's r10. Based on your first post I don't need to delete anything. I'll give it a look later and see anyway.
  11. Bigd187

Bigd187 Members

Ok so ive been using a 2wire router over the weekend. I initially had issues like everyone else. Then I updated to 1.5.27 and added wifi calling. I was able to make 4 calls back to back no issues and was surprisingly clear connection.

***Update: I was having issues with 1.5.27 in regards to wifi calling so staying with 1.5.20 for now***

12. dc84

dc84 Members

Hmm I dont think embedding this in the rom is needed, personally as a HD2 owner who doesnt use T-mobile, this feature would be useless, and I use this rom because its small and tight, nothing stopping people from editing the rom before flashing it.
  13. Bigd187

Bigd187 Members

great point!
  14. dc84

dc84 Members

just wondering what else this slight edit affects, if it affects nothing and doesn't increase the size of the build I see no harm... I don't think I read it properly before I was thinking stuff needed to be added to the rom, but if its a simple config change that doesn't break anything else I don't see an issue
  15. Bigd187

Bigd187 Members

Exactly ;) only drawback im noticing is the stock sdcard access. But theres apps out that can work around the issue.

16. Bigd187

Bigd187 Members

If anyone knows how to get mms to work while connected to wifi calling let me know :)

17. Gfam4

Gfam4 Members

Got it to work finally. I needed a new SIM card and it works flawless. Screen shots a my detailed how-to later.

Sent from my Nexus One using the miuiandroid.com forum app

Share Our Site