TEST

HTC WIFI Connection issues

Discussion in 'Other Devices' started by Dprince2124, Feb 17, 2011.

1. Dprince2124

Dprince2124 Members

New user:Im currently Running 1.2.11 with kernel Savage Zen cfs 05 And for some reason it does not conenct to wifi. It always says obtaining Ip address but never connects? Is it Something wrong With the rom or should i try a Different Kernel.
  2. Google Adsense

3. tC05

tC05 Members

Yeah this is an old thread but i searched before i made a new thread.

Im running - MIUI Evo 1.4.15 ENG
    Kernal Version - 2.6.37.6- Tiamat_Evo-v3.3.5

Im trying to connect to the wifi here at home and at work and i get stuck at the "obtaining IP address" i switched it to static and i still cannot connect to the internet. Friend of mine said maybe i would have to flash back to a Sense ROM and update radios and then flash back to MIUI? Any help would be awesome love MIUI and dont want to go back to sense but if no one can help then i might have to.
  4. tC05

tC05 Members

I'll give that a shot. Thanks
  5. tC05

tC05 Members

Alright so i swapped kernels and re flashed the ROM i was able to connect to my work WIFI but now that im at home i cant connect to my WIFI i even tried with static IP
  6. tC05

tC05 Members

anyone? bump
  7. tC05

tC05 Members

Stiffsplif know anything about this bug?
  8. geewhiz

geewhiz Members

So what's the difference between your work and home wireless?

Sent from my PC36100 using the miui-dev.com Forums App
  9. tC05

tC05 Members

Work is an open network which i use an email to connect to. At home i have a WEP key that needs to be entered in order to use the wifi
  10. tC05

tC05 Members

bumping this up again. it would be cool if someone could help me out
  11. madfella

madfella Members

Is the SSID hidden?
  12. itlnstln

itlnstln Members

I would figure this has more to do with the router and not the ROM, specifically. I haven't heard of anyone else having WiFi issues. It's either an issue with how the networks you are trying to connect to are set up, or there might just be some unfamiliarity with the AOSP WiFi setup. I don't have any problems with WEP, WPA(2), Hidden SSIDs, open networks, etc. You may also want to see if you have all the channels available for use on your phone.
  13. tC05

tC05 Members

No the SSID isn't hidden.

I have my phone set to 11 channels. Sleep policy to never. I've tried changing channels on my phone to 13 and 14 still nothing works.
  14. madfella

madfella Members

Its gotta be the router. Some have had issues finding hidden networks and such but never this. Hmmm....

Sent from my SuperSonic
  15. tC05

tC05 Members

Well i'll see what i can do when i get home maybe i can configure some things in the router to get it working on the phone without messing up my internet on all my laptops
  16. ZeroBarrier

ZeroBarrier Members

Have you tried power cycling your router?

When this happens to me at home a quick power cycling of my router fixes it. just unplug your router for 10-15 seconds and plug back in, let it boot up, and try again.
  17. tC05

tC05 Members

Thanks for the heads up i'll definitely try that out messing with the router did nothing
  18. gzhtub

gzhtub Members

I just installed Miui & at first could connect to my home wifi, but after a reboot I got stuck at the same IP address point (on an HTC Desire).
    Rebooted wifi, but still does not work, anz help appreciated...

Share Our Site