Xiaomi mi2 not turning on after running out of battery

Rico de Poot

Members
Aug 24, 2013
Hi there,
My Xiaomi Mi2 won't boot when it runs out of battery and I charge it.
The red light will appear so it definetly loads the battery but whatever I try, It won't boot and show
the Xiaomi logo.

I've had this problem before but it seems like it charges the first percent or so, and then it stops. When I put in the charger again, it will appear red again, charge for a couple of minutes, and the red light dissapears.
How can I make it charge the full battery?

Tried to charge it for an hour but after like 4 minutes, the red light will go off, and when I hold the power button for 15 seconds, the red light appears again, goes off after 3 minutes and if I don't hold the power button again, it won't appear anymore.

Any ideas of a solution?

This is a stupid bug on my xiaomi mi2s.
Make sure your battery never runs out of juice(0%)
For some odd reason when you try and charge it I dosnt want to turn on.
My solution for this is to take the battery out wait about 20 sec, then plug it back in, and after a few mins turn it on.
Really stupid bug by xiaomi, in the past I thought my phone was dead.

Really f up bug this one! Thought my device was broken, because it didnt charge either.

But the above solution worked

here too same with mi2.
If i plug the charger and let it charging after let's say 10 minutes it resurrects :)

By default, Mi2S will not allow you to completely drain the battery (which is auto power off when the battery level is very low like below 1%) And if you drained it completely for some reason (I once did it while charging via USB and playing a 3D game, apparently it didn't supply enough power...) it will refuse to boot until battery level charges to a acceptable level. Usually leave it charging 10-30 minutes would do the work.

So the solution is, NEVER drain your battery that much! Why would you do that anyway? It hurts battery life so stop that. If you're a heavy user like me using my phone like 7x24, then get a secondary battery and a battery charger so you can charge one battery while using another on your phone. Take the advantage of removable battery :D

I always thought that one of the lowlevel bootloaders prevents boot. But thx to xiaomi's bootloader source I found some code which shuts down the device if the battery is low.

I disabled this code. Does anyone want to test this hacked bootloader?
http://d-h.st/2zu
fastboot flash aboot emmc_appsboot.mbn

I m having a strange issue. I was on CM 11. Last night, i put my device into charging and it was 23 percent charged and i went on sleeping. I just woke up and found my device not booting up. i unplugged the charger and pluegged it again. LED notification is blinking but nothing happens when try to turn the device on. Plz help, i m worried, i m thinking my devie might be dead.

how to solved it?
i can't boot
no display on the screen.
it's only have red indicator light while plug usb cable to pc..
please help me.. :