Members
Jul 16, 2016
1\
Unlock your device en.miui.com/unlock/

2\
Install TWRP Recovery with TWRP Installer Tool:
drive.google.com/file/d/0B184spaysFJ6aGk1bTZ3a3dGN2M/view?usp=sharing

3\
phone will automatically boot into recovery mode.
Swipe to allow modifications.
Browse to Advanced setting and Disable dm-verity.

4\
Use TWRP.
Wipe and Flash your weekly rom HM3SHM3X from xiaomi.eu
androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=82637

5\
If you need root.
Use TWRP for flash SuperSu:
drive.google.com/file/d/0B184spaysFJ6bkJJOHFWMzFnQVU/view?usp=sharing

Reactions: Berci and spaiduhz
this howto is difficult to understand, ive never used TWRP.
noobmode

unlock bootloader is clear
installing TWRP also.

but then? what menu option? i guess you have to put the rom first in a flashcard? etc?
i dont wont to make mistakes again, i bricked my 3s already but could recover.

Last edited:
Oke, got the rom working.
For the noobs, you have to copy the rom first in your phone, i put it in the internal memory/downloads.
and just install the rom, that was it (following the steps here above with Disable dm-verity etc)

thanks. I didn't want to create a new thread for it, but I would like to install opengapps right after flashing xiaomi.eu rom. Which one should I download ARM or ARM64 version?

thanks. I didn't want to create a new thread for it, but I would like to install opengapps right after flashing xiaomi.eu rom. Which one should I download ARM or ARM64 version?

The ARM64 version BUT when i tried flashing opengapps after installing xiaomi.eu 7.5.1.0 stable the phone would be buggy with constant error messages, so i had to reflash. Pretty sad since i wanted the pico opengapps :/

Does anyone else here has experience with opengapps on xiaomi.eu?

thanks, meanwhile I figured out, that gapps are included in this rom. I just received the phone, so I tried to unlock it (I already got permission). I tried a lot to unlock, but didn't work. Finally I just tried to flash TRWP and it worked, seems like the bootloader was unlocked by default. With TRWP I disabled DM-Verity, wiped dalvik, and installed the EU Rom. During the install it's just rebooted without notification, and went into a bootloop. Somehow I could go back to TRWP, so I installed the Global developer. Now the phone is bricked. It shows me the MI logo in the center and that's it. Can't even turn the phone off, if I hold the power button long, it just reboots. Fail with power + volume up, or down. Do you have any ideas?

I could enter fastboot. Can't install TRWP again, the bootloader is locked now:
(bootloader) Device tampered: false
(bootloader) Device unlocked: false
(bootloader) Device critical unlocked: false
(bootloader) Charger screen enabled: true
(bootloader) Display panel:
OKAY [ 0.006s]
finished. total time: 0.006s

Try putting it into fastboot and connect it to a pc running the mi pc suite.... It'll sometimes detect and offer to flash an original rom, the official mi flash tool is sometimes able to restore a bricked xiaomi connected in fastboot mode. You could also try in twrp going into the advanced format and deleteing all the partitions before re-flashing the rom...... Try googling installing via the phones edl mode that's another path. I imagine the problem started when you tried to flash stuff with the bootloader still locked

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

Try putting it into fastboot and connect it to a pc running the mi pc suite.... It'll sometimes detect and offer to flash an original rom, the official mi flash tool is sometimes able to restore a bricked xiaomi connected in fastboot mode. You could also try in twrp going into the advanced format and deleteing all the partitions before re-flashing the rom...... Try googling installing via the phones edl mode that's another path. I imagine the problem started when you tried to flash stuff with the bootloader still locked

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

Thanks, but finally completely bricked the phone, after entering EDL mode. I sent it back to the shop, maybe I'll get a new one.
Do you think I could flash TWRP into a locked bootloader?

No.
You could try the chinese version of Mi PC Suite in fastboot. That usually will offer you in chinese to install a Global/China stable ROM. Then you can start again by unlocking.

Reactions: 01798303
Is miui 7.5.1 eu rom the latest.. . wish there is 7.5.9 ver :)

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

First step for me isnt makeable. My miui account have the permissions but when I try to use mi unlock it stopped at verifying device 50%. Does anyone have an idea? I tryed some youtube videos with mi cloud but it doesnt work :/

First step for me isnt makeable. My miui account have the permissions but when I try to use mi unlock it stopped at verifying device 50%. Does anyone have an idea? I tryed some youtube videos with mi cloud but it doesnt work :/
Yes. Sometimes it take about a week to sync the unlock permissions with your account though you got confirmation. Mine finally passed 50% after 12 days. So if you just got unlock confirmation, better wait 1-2 weeks

The link in step 2 takes me to another file to download and not TWRP.

The file is: MzAccount_5.7.0.apk, and nothing in it relating to TWRP.

Hello i am a Xiaomi noob with some questions, (ill receive my 3s soon)
1. How do i know my bootloader is locked or not
2. Do you have to arrange permision with a mi account or do i ask permision by using step 1 on the device?
3. Step 4 'wipe and flash' maybe stupid but what exactly is the wipe part?

Thanks in advance.

Dear all,
Im a newbie and need help to install the xiami eu rom on my new redmi 3s. I have used roms on other devices before so I know a little of how it works, but htis tutorial is too sparse.
Can you please write a more detailed instruction?

Thank you

I cant even ask for unlock permission, i cant Read Chinese. The miui Version of dx.com is full of crapp, i sure would like the .Eu rom. Can someone please Help.

I cant even ask for unlock permission, i cant Read Chinese. The miui Version of dx.com is full of crapp, i sure would like the .Eu rom. Can someone please Help.

I know the issue. Download first the Chinese miui forum app and set a user name. After that you will be able to start the unlocking procedure.