How To Easily Install Twrp Recovery

after a looooooooooooong time of trying i finally made it to update to miui 8 ... i fixed to enter into twrp very quick but did not manage to wipe/install for I think 3h :D

Hi,

i hope i understand the main issue from the user in this thread. Otherwise please excuse me.

Please be aware that booting behaviour is a bit different for REDMI 3 when pressing the button combinations. I am using miui eu Ver 8 6.5.14.
I flashed twrp (ido) 3.0.2 with the app "RASHR" <-very useful.
The app "TWRP Manager" isnt working for me btw.

So, how to boot into twrp menu after flashing it? Users wonder why they just see the original MIU chinese download/recovery mode although the twrp recovery image was just flashed correctly.
Especially when pressing power and vol+ :-O Thats what i was wondering about, too.
(Despite of using fastboot boot recovery.img )

At first sight it seems that just "fastboot" and "chinese MIUI download-/recovery" mode is available and nothing else.

But did you know that there are more methods to boot into recovery?

1) vol+ and vol- and power button from offline state and it will boot into recovery image like twrp.
2) vol+ and power until chinese menu appears. Then just press "recovery" button. Then it boots twrp as well.

edit: i see that Post #11 mentions No 2 , too. Sorry, my bad.

br,
Tom

Last edited:
Tried to install the twrp onto my "Xiaomi MI2" via fastboot and cmd.
Actually my MI2 is on decuro 5.9.24.

But when i try to start the device in recovery-mode, nothing happens. I only get a "Mi"-Logo and nothing else happens (waited at least 5 minutes).
I have to remove the battery to restart the device. Then it starts normally (no recovery)

Also when i select "reboot in recovery mode" in the updater-app it stucks in this screen.

Is there another possibility to install the xiaomi.eu-ROM (without twrp)?

Thanks for your help, but even with this command it's not working:

in CMD it stays in "booting..." and nothing happens on the phone (have to remove battery)
cmd.jpg

Last edited:
yes, I own one, but the problem is not the battery.

It stucks in the start-screen (Mi-Logo) and nothing happens. Even when I press the power-button.
I have to remove the battery, wait a second and then insert the battery again. Then I can restart the MI2, which the boots to the "regluar" Miui.

EDIT:
I was able to flash the stock "Mi-recovery 2.01". But still not able to use twrp :(

Last edited:
I tried different versions (only aries).
But it doesn't matter which version i try, (i tried 2.7.0 and also 2.8.2 , 3.0.2 and some others) I get the same result on each version.
I have absolutely no idea.

I have tried to install twrp but after flasing I dont have any recovery-just fastboot mode.
No matter what I want to do (recovery or fastboot) I always get fastboot mode.
After that I tried to install rom via flash tools in fastboot mode but I received message cannot find flash bat file.
Device is Redmi note 4g dual SIM.
Any idea what to do?

I found a way to install TWRP!!!

I flashed to official Miui8. After that, it was possible to flash twrp!

Is there the possibility in xiaomi.eu-ROM to select, which app can get root-access?
In global-dev there is no possibility to select root-permission on "settings->permissions" for specified apps.
That function is important to me. If xiaomi.eu is equipped with this function, i will flash xiaomi.eu-ROM.

Last edited:
When i permenantely flash twrp en reboot via prompt commands it works for the first time. Every time you want to boot into twrp again it wont work. is it best not to reboot from prompt but to shut down the phone and then boot into recovery using vol+ and power? So it installs correct?

Hello. I am trying this for my Redmi Note 3 MTK version and download the Hennesy.zip, however when following the instructions I only get cannot load 'recovery.img' in the cmd window. Please help. I use the IMG file located within the henessy.zip...

I'm stuck on the Mi logo after doing "fastboot reboot" I flashed the correct TWRP for my Redmi Pro (Omega) and it just stays on the Mi logo :/ help please

I still have a xiaomi.eu weekly ROM based on KitKat on my Mi Note (virgo).
I would love to do a nandroid with TWRP before updating my phone to latest builds. Can I flash that version of TWRP directly from KitKat or do I need to install a Marshmallow build first?

Check the version of TWRP for the ROM you want to install on the ROMs download page....

There's no ROM I want to install right now, I just want to install TWRP on the ROM I already have, which is very old and based off KitKat. I want to make a nandroid of it by installing TWRP before installing any new ROM.

There is only ONE version of TWRP for virgo to download here on xiaomi.eu, and it was made after the switch to Marshmallow. So, will it be compatible with KitKat or will I break (and brick) something?

Hello, thank you for the tuto.
I am facing an issue: i followed whole the cmd instructions but when i boot the phone on recovery mode, TWRP does not appear and i only see a phone drawn white on black, waiting to be plugged. And then nothing, i have to press vol - and power to reboot my phone normally.
I have a xiaomi mi 5s and i downloaded TWRP capricorn. Do you know what I did wrong?
Sorry for the bad English, Thank you for your answers.

im getting libwinpthread-1.dll is missing when trying to launch fastboot, any idea how to fix that?

I can't reboot to recovery anymore.

73b9f2a0b8604de49b473ac73cffe651.png

Tried to install TWRP again but didn't fix that problem. I need your help

this is only usefull for unlocked bootloaders! otherwise its useless! since you cannot install troughout fastboot modus!! you will be always redirected to to stock recovery....