Adb Does Not Work Anymore After Upgrading To Miui8 (rn2 6.7.7/8)

Samo Dadela

Members
Feb 14, 2016
Hi,

Can someone help me with adb drivers? After upgrading to MIUI8 adb stopped recognizing my device.

With adb shell I get:
error: device '(null)' not found

I tried this on two computers where adb was working before the upgrade. I tried restarting adb, rebooting the computers and phone to no avail.

Where can I get adb drivers that will work on Redmi Node 2 with MIUI8?

Thanks,

Samo

It works for me. Have you tried installing the drivers?

Try in fastboot, power + volume down then connect it to pc, if adb cant't detect it, it is the drivers.

Check "enable debugging" in devs options.

Entered fastboot.
C:\Dev>adb devices
List of devices attached

Can you point me to the correct drivers for Note 2?

Do you also have MIUI 8?

BTW: I also tried the latest weekly... same. I'm thinking to downgrade back to MIUI 7.

What's strange is that when I first connected the device to the comp. where adb was once working - it says Found new device... searching for drivers. There must have been some major change to the identification of the device when flashed with MIUI 8.

Browsing and copying to/from the device works OK.

What's strange is that when I first connected the device to the comp. where adb was once working - it says Found new device... searching for drivers. There must have been some major change to the identification of the device when flashed with MIUI 8.

Browsing and copying to/from the device works OK.
You need adb drivers. Search google.

Yeah, I know I need adb drivers but I'm asking which one of those work. Would be nice if there was an official adb driver package for Redmi Note 2. Before the upgrade I was using a combination of drivers from 01_PdaNetA4183.exe and 02_MiSetup2.2.0.7032_2717.exe but they don't work anymore. Also I find it weird to have to install whole apps when I want just the damn adb driver.

There are a lot of posts around each one recommends some driver which mostly don't work. So I'm asking for the exact driver that is known to work with Xiaomi Redmi Note 2.

And I have other problems now... downgrade from MIUI 8 to last MIUI 7 deleted my IMEI number and in the phone did not want to shutdown anymore. And in the process I also managed to accidentaly delete the system... Luckily TWRP survived... so to flash I'd still need the adb drivers.

Just to follow-up. I flashed CM 12.1 using twrp and guess what IMEI is back (and it's the correct one, as written on the back of the box) - so much for the posts that say IMEI gets lost during flashing.

Also beware: before flashing CM 12 I found some links with an app (smaller window with chinese characters that let's you enter IMEIs) that 'should' repair the IMEI, this one: http://en.miui.com/thread-162679-1-1.html. The windows app creates a file that should contain the IMEI and then you have to copy it to your device. I did that, rebooted... and the IMEI problem was still there. Luckily I backed up my original MP0B_001 file (if I didn't I'd probably have ruined my device). Why luckily? Because I smelled fish and checked what that app does. The file it generates is always the same - whatever IMEI you enter... so it really does not fix the IMEI. It either does not work or is some kind of malware.

I'm now happy with CM12.1 and I'll test it out. It boots much faster than both MIUI 7 and 8 and it's also more responsive, though it lacks some features out of the box: one hand mode, selection where files are saved, radio app.

And about the drivers... after flashing CM12 they just started working - adb connects no problemo. So it must be really something to do with MIUI 8.