Mi3 Unreadable Sim Card

Mikedegunst

Members
Jul 24, 2016
So i had removed my sim card and stuck it in another phone for reasons unreletated to my problem, and apparently you are not supposed to stick the empty tray back in( you guessed it, i did do that, and got to know afterwards) so i had a bit of trouble removing it but i got it done, but now that i stick the tray in, it does not read my sim card. I have tried rebooting, taking it out and putting it in again, i tried it on the other phone and it worked, so it is not the sim card that is broken. Now i have three questions 1: is it repairable, 2: can i contact xiaomi for a new one if it is not fixable( i dont think so, but since my other phone works just fine with an empty tray i guessed this one would too, so ill ask anyways) and 3: are there any other solutions next to repair or a new phone?
Thanks in advance
Sincerely
Mike de Gunst

Possibly i should have mentioned this beforehand aswell, but i have the standard tray for my mi3, however my sim card was smaller(i guess it means a micro usb, but im not sure what the size of the normal one is, so not 100% sure) which meant i went to the phone shop( in my case it is a company called kpn) and got a second tray and to explain the basics behind it: it just means that i put in a second tray that has a part cut out just like the usual mi3 tray, and in that second tray i put the actual sim card. At the time i removed the sim card and put the empty tray back in, the second tray was still in the first tray which may have been why it got stuck, but im not sure since it never got stuck when the sim card was actually in the tray.