Problem With New Rom

nzcnzcn

Members
Jul 20, 2016
Hi there,
I have a problem. I tried to install polish version of MIUI (since I've done it on my Mi4, I thought I'm capable of doing it). I followed this instruction: beritahuaja. com/2016/01/how-to-root-xiaomi-mi-pad-2.html and now I'm afraid I did something wrong. Fastboot mode and Recovery mode ("TWRP by MDSTEAM" right now) works just fine, but android won't start, it's just loading for ever. I suppose I could just install different ROM, but I don't have any on Mipad's memory and since it's not starting - I'm unable to transfer anything on it. Any advices? Thanks.

I've been in that situation, and I couldn't find a way to transfer anything to TWRP over USB, so I was stuck with Fastboot. You'll need to get yourself a fastboot image (I used http:// en.miui.com / a-234.html). You didn't say whether you know how to use fastboot, so put another message on here if you need more help.
(Sorry for the URL being spaced out - I haven't posted 10 times yet)

I've been in that situation, and I couldn't find a way to transfer anything to TWRP over USB, so I was stuck with Fastboot. You'll need to get yourself a fastboot image (I used http:// en.miui.com / a-234.html). You didn't say whether you know how to use fastboot, so put another message on here if you need more help.
(Sorry for the URL being spaced out - I haven't posted 10 times yet)
Since you're asking - I could use a hand, thank you. No, I have no idea how to use fastboot.

Okey, I managed it myself. But I still don't have the ROM I wanted installed. Could anybody help me by giving some good link how to do it? I have ROM in .zip file. Thanks.

Okey, I managed it myself. But I still don't have the ROM I wanted installed. Could anybody help me by giving some good link how to do it? I have ROM in .zip file. Thanks.
Well, now that you can get something to boot, you're in a better place :)

Can you give more details? It sounds like you installed the .zip file through TWRP and it seemed to install correctly but then didn't boot, right? Did you wipe Dalvik/cache when you installed the zip? Did you do a factory wipe before you installed the zip? (I would recommend doing both of those things).

By the way, I think I've seen my tablet refuse to boot if the USB cable was plugged in. Try unplugging it and rebooting.

If you want to flash mipad2 using miflash, you Can, install miflash and Intel android driver on your pc, and don't forget to download the right rom for your device, codename of mipad2 Is LATTE, and to flash with miflash you need the rom fastboot, the One with tgz estension, not the zip One. And you need to extract it on your pc's hd, before flashing.

Inviato dal mio MI PAD 2 utilizzando Tapatalk

A ROM I wanted is only avaliable in ".zip". Right now I have "latest MIUI ROM" downloaded from Rob's link, official MIUI website. I tried to install new ROM by using Updater, but it doesn't work ): Before installing different ROM with fastboot I did wiped Dalvik and cache but android still was loading for ever.

If you have the originali xiaomi recovery, you Can flash only official update, wich are digitally signed by xiaomi. So for this tablet only cn roms. To flash others rom, you need twrp.
The rom in the Rob link are tgz and not zip, and are roms to flash with miflash only, not with recovery or update.
Inviato dal mio MI PAD 2 utilizzando Tapatalk