Mi4 Lte Ramdom Reboots [with Logs]

1 random reboot yesterday on 6.7.21 global beta, phone was in my pocket and received a few calls that I couldn't answer because I was driving. When I got home and took my phone out, it had rebooted and was on the SIM pin screen.

I've reported all of this to the MIUI forum mod and also opened a bug report with attached bugreport.zip.

Lets hope it gets investigated, fingers crossed.

Plesase confirm bug

http://en.miui.com/thread-315820-1-1.html

I've glanced over the bugreport.zip but haven't seen anything that really stands out.

One of the warnings I did see though was to do with the baseband/modem and a quick google search came up with the same issue on the Redmi 2.

The solution given by another user was one of possible solutions posted here, it was to manually select your mobile network and not leave it on automatic.

Was this confirmed to stop the reboots?

Reactions: ArkoBalear
I've glanced over the bugreport.zip but haven't seen anything that really stands out.

One of the warnings I did see though was to do with the baseband/modem and a quick google search came up with the same issue on the Redmi 2.

The solution given by another user was one of possible solutions posted here, it was to manually select your mobile network and not leave it on automatic.

Was this confirmed to stop the reboots?
no, locking the network provider DID not prevent the reboots alone. Probably it needs to be associated to something else.

Reactions: ArkoBalear
I just testing something else out which has to do with hotplugging two of the cpu's cores.

By default, when using the balanced battery profile, Miui has Qualcomm's hotplug driver, MPdecision, enabled which off lines two cores when not needed to save battery.

I've disabled it with Kernel Auditor to test.

I just testing something else out which has to do with hotplugging two of the cpu's cores.

By default, when using the balanced battery profile, Miui has Qualcomm's hotplug driver, MPdecision, enabled which off lines two cores when not needed to save battery.

I've disabled it with Kernel Auditor to test.

I'm honestly pretty sure those reboots have something to do with the kernel. Even if your theory is right this is far from a suitable solution. Sure we can disable MPdecision and set frequencies manually (and maybe change the governor too) but this requires root privileges and some skills... Xiaomi should at least look into it and eventually fix the kernel for everyone.
Anyway, please let us know how your experiment turns out.

I'm honestly pretty sure those reboots have something to do with the kernel. Even if your theory is right this is far from a suitable solution. Sure we can disable MPdecision and set frequencies manually (and maybe change the governor too) but this requires root privileges and some skills... Xiaomi should at least look into it and eventually fix the kernel for everyone.
Anyway, please let us know how your experiment turns out.

I totally agree with you and I'm only looking for a temporary solution and/or more information to pass along to the devs, it seems that no one was interested at Xiaomi in getting this bug fixed.

Finally this bug has been officially submitted to Miui devs and should get looked into, a few Miui beta testers have confirmed that this really happens and is not just something from our imagination.

So lets see if we get a bug fix in the next releases, unfortunately we our all beta testing at the moment.

Finally this bug has been officially submitted to Miui devs and should get looked into, a few Miui beta testers have confirmed that this really happens and is not just something from our imagination.

So lets see if we get a bug fix in the next releases, unfortunately we our all beta testing at the moment.

This is good news indeed. If anyone is interested this is the link of the bug submitted to the devs: http://en.miui.com/thread-315820-1-1.html - Maybe in a couple of weeks we'll have the answers that we need.

I totally agree with you and I'm only looking for a temporary solution and/or more information to pass along to the devs, it seems that no one was interested at Xiaomi in getting this bug fixed.

Mmmmm... Not sure xiaomi listen at beta testers, really...
I submitted the bug on alpha, confirmed on beta, and all what beta moderator reply is to not post but discuss only via qq, which is only Chinese and unusable le for me. Not sure they are on track to fix those problems but I will not give up. As you see even cyanogen may not be a viable solution, there are bad rumors they may collapse.

Envoyé de mon Nexus 7 en utilisant Tapatalk

Today my Mi4 has been rebooted again and again and in the final reboot I see one bar "optimizating %", anyone with this reboot?

Enviado desde mi MI 4LTE mediante Tapatalk

Today my Mi4 has been rebooted again and again and in the final reboot I see one bar "optimizating %", anyone with this reboot?

That's interesting.
My sister has an mi4 and she had random reboots several times. But since two weeks ago approximately she didn't have reboots. And the more important: she do NOTHING for solve the problem.
She has Mi4 2GB LTE with the stable global ROM.

Reactions: giobooo
So, i can confirm random reboots too on my device Mi4 64GB/WCDMA since i have MIUI based on MM when standby.
I've tried many "solutions", nothing worked... :-/
Now, my temporary solution -> back to KK, for now one week without restart.
I started bootloader unlocking procedure (it needs lot of patience and good nerves...wwrrrr!!..) and i will probably install CM13.
I'm so disappointed in Xiaomi.

So, i can confirm random reboots too on my device Mi4 64GB/WCDMA since i have MIUI based on MM when standby.
I started bootloader unlocking procedure (it needs lot of patience and good nerves...wwrrrr!!..) and i will probably install CM13.

If you move to CM13, be aware sensors (ir, gps, temperature, gyroscope...) won't work without patch it. It can be done easily with fastboot, but need to be done. I know it happen in any CM13 based rom.

Your bootloader does not need unlock permission from xiaomi for mi4

Envoyé de mon MI 5 en utilisant Tapatalk

Reactions: mycro7
Well my gf had 2 reboots in 3 days while phone was idle and she is on KK! She is running xiaomi.eu KK 7.1.5.0 with English lang.
Power mode is balanced, screen brightness and contrast automatic, memory cleanup after 1 min of sleep.

Are we sure it has absolutely nothing to do with partitions? It does seem too silly but I wonder how many things does this particular version of KK and MM have in common other than a need for larger system partiton.

And also as far as I know official stable 7.1.2.0 was the last version which also merged partitons in preparation for MM that came with 7.2.

Any particular apps that we're all using?
Do reboots happen when no additional apps are installed?
Always on active sim card? (I think it was @jc rey who confirmed this only happens on this phone when sim is active)

I don't know why but I'm starting to lean towards the possibility that these reboots have to do with something really stupid. :)

A simple stupid bug that Miui devs are overlooking is possible but why do nothing about it when it has been reported at least 15 times?

This also happens on the non LTE models right, so in theory someone could get the Cyanogenmod dev to debug this?

As far as I know the Mi3 isn't affected, why?

I've ordered a Mi4C, got tired of an unstable phone.

Good point. But I'm really wondering now why these reboots happen on this particular KK version as well.

If I understand correctly they happen with fastboot flashing as well as twrp/cwm/mirecovery flashing correct? So we can rule out the flashing method I guess?

Personally I own a mi4c ordered it at the same time as mi4 and it's way better imo. Only battery is a tad worse because of lolipop.

Now I'm being asked for more information by the Mini forum moderators.

I'm going to try and get a logcat just before the reboot happens saving periodically to internal storage.

But by the looks of it this isn't going to get solved anytime soon.

No reboots since friday with 7.5.3 eu. upgraded from 7.5.2 via twrp.
Only disable the miui battery power optimisations.

Reactions: jc rey
If you move to CM13, be aware sensors (ir, gps, temperature, gyroscope...) won't work without patch it. It can be done easily with fastboot, but need to be done. I know it happen in any CM13 based rom.

Uhmm, okay. I did not know that :) thank's for the advice.

Your bootloader does not need unlock permission from xiaomi for mi4

Envoyé de mon MI 5 en utilisant Tapatalk

Some higher ROM version lock the bootloader for sure. I've checked it before i start with command 'fastboot oem device-info' in fastboot mode. The premission are now for me allowed, but the xiaomi unlock tool MiFlashUnlock does not work. But it is another topic...

And im still without random reboot..(slovak language interface, balanced power mode, disabled miui battery power optimisations)
Mi 4W
KK 4.4.4
MIUI 7 by xiaomi.eu
5.12.17 weekly updated