Mi4 Lte Ramdom Reboots [with Logs]

Some higher ROM version lock the bootloader for sure. I've checked it before i start with command 'fastboot oem device-info' in fastboot mode. The premission are now for me allowed, but the xiaomi unlock tool MiFlashUnlock does not work. But it is another topic...

And im still without random reboot..(slovak language interface, balanced power mode, disabled miui battery power optimisations)
Mi 4W
KK 4.4.4
MIUI 7 by xiaomi.eu
5.12.17 weekly updated
It does not prevent you to reflash another recovery, so the lock that has always been there is not protected.

Do a
Fastboot oem unlock
You will see it well unlocks and erase all user data of your mi4.

Envoyé de mon Nexus 7 en utilisant Tapatalk

No reboots since friday with 7.5.3 eu. upgraded from 7.5.2 via twrp.
Only disable the miui battery power optimisations.

Enviado desde mi MI 4LTE mediante Tapatalk

Without battery power optimization have you seen big difference in battery life?

I've got it disabled also and haven't noticed worse battery.

The strange thing is that since yesterday I'm live logging to a file in memory permanently to try and catch the reboot message and I've been getting even better battery life than before, go figure.

Reactions: NOECUBI
By disabling Miui power optimization you mean in here? (Sorry, it's in italian)
28804f9d96d69b2fa1c9d6c7cc3583c8.jpg

Well there's a new stable out there... 7.5.6.0 . I honestly don't think is even worth trying it...

It's a China stable without gapps so no go for me but could be another test we could try without Google services installed just in case.

After few weeks trying differents MM roms, I'm very dissapointend, here my symmary:
  • CyanogenMod 13: Sensors does not work by default, need to flash it. IR Blaster does not work with out change SE state to permisive, also DOS (Dead of Sleep) bug is present and very annoying.
  • Mokee: It's based cn CM13, so Sensors does not work by default, need to flash it. IR Blaster does not work with out change SE state. DOS (Dead of Sleep) bug is present.
  • Ivan AOSP (Actual rom): It has random reboots. IR Works perfectly.
I'm starting to think that MIUI is the best solution, even with random reboots and performance decrease that it has...

If anyone knows more about them or can correct something... let me know!

Edit: "and also I have some problems with power button, it does not respond always, but it is not dead, I can unlock it with proximity sensor and AC Display"

I have discovered the issue is caused by AC Display app, removing it, it works fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: giobooo
First reboot in one week, but I'm insurance agent and today was a hard day. 2h 30 calling and almost 4h of screen since 8.30 a.m.
38% battery at the moment; 100% at 8.00h

Enviado desde mi MI 4LTE mediante Tapatalk

Updated to 6.7.29 Global beta:

Kernel has been recompiled with todays date stamp so hopefully the devs are trying to solve this bug but who knows what they've changed.

Same baseband/modem as before.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm trying to capture a live log at the time of a reboot, but for the last three days, while the logging app is constantly running in the background, I've had no reboots but noticed, funnily enough, better battery life, go figure.

After the reboot happens creating a buglog.zip is useless as the info needed has been wiped.

If somebody could help out to speed things up, it would be nice.

• You need a logging app installed, i.e Logcat Extreme, and it needs root to be able to read/write logs to internal storage.
  • Then after one of these reboots, post the log here so I can send it to our beloved Miui devs.
If we all help out we are more likely to get this solved.

Last edited:
After few weeks trying differents MM roms, I'm very dissapointend, here my symmary:
  • CyanogenMod 13: Sensors does not work by default, need to flash it. IR Blaster does not work with out change SE state to permisive, also DOS (Dead of Sleep) bug is present and very annoying.
  • Mokee: It's based cn CM13, so Sensors does not work by default, need to flash it. IR Blaster does not work with out change SE state. DOS (Dead of Sleep) bug is present.
  • Ivan AOSP (Actual rom): It has random reboots and also I have some problems with power button, it does not respond always, but it is not dead, I can unlock it with proximity sensor and AC Display. (I have not try IR Blaster but I think is the same as other roms)
I'm starting to think that MIUI is the best solution, even with random reboots and performance decrease that it has...

If anyone knows more about them or can correct something... let me know!

Supposedly if you reboot a few times, after the initial CM 13 install, sensors work properly except the IR sensor.

Reactions: ArkoBalear
I have installed 6.7.29 developer global.
I'll test this ROM.

Sent from my MI 4LTE using Tapatalk

Updated to 6.7.29 Global beta:

Kernel has been recompiled with todays date stamp so hopefully the devs are trying to solve this bug but who knows what they've changed.

Same baseband/modem as before.

How do you know it? And what its mean?

How do you know it? And what its mean?

It means that the kernel has changes made and has been recompiled but we don't know what the devs have modified.

Hopefully something to stop these reboot problems.

If you go to phone information and press 5 times on kernel version you go into a test menu and it tells you there.

Reactions: NOECUBI
Well my gf is still having reboots on KK too, I've tried disabling just about everything. This phone sux.

Maybe someone can look into this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=64675180&postcount=11

Why don't you capture a log so we can post it on the MIUI forum?

As stated above it would have to be logging before the actual reboot occurs.

This is the only way to get this stuff fixed and as the devs say " No log cat, then it didn't happen".

Just now another reboot...
Arrrrr

Sent from my MI 4LTE using Tapatalk
My unaffected mi4 still runs fine with 6.7.29, I am wondering about hardware differences or it could be just that some components on some manufactured phones are out of spec that reveals under Mm???

My unaffected mi4 still runs fine with 6.7.29, I am wondering about hardware differences or it could be just that some components on some manufactured phones are out of spec that reveals under Mm???

This has to be a kernel issue for sure, and as you say some Mi4's probably need different config due to different hardware.

Have we tested locking mobile networks to 2g/3g only? Edit: Just read that some already tested this and still get reboots.

Your unaffected Mi4 is 3g only, correct?