[recovery][twrp] Twrp 3.0.2 From 4pda.ru

kamakasnh

Members
Aug 23, 2013
9ryx8D9.png
Now we have TWRP 3.0
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-9mHawP5Sc2TTdjdjlLejNNeEE/view
The crazy guys from Russia, and 4pda.ru site, built their own All Versions Recovery which support the latest developments about Mi2. Materia Design of course and English.
NOTE: It supports, latest MIUI based ROMs, latest CM based ROMs like BuGi,latest FlymeOS 4.5.4R, Mokee, and Ivan's MarshMallow AOSP

For Both Partition Layout. Now with EFS Backup Support

If you are looking for older TWRP and some issues check here:
TWRP 2.8.7.0
NOTE1: I upload this TWRP due to the lack of updates in another thread created by Khaon
NOTE2: This is M1cha's recovery where we can find it inside the MiFlash4Linux custom packages if we unzip the archive.
NOTE3: I have no relation with TWRP, i don't ask M1cha about this and you can blame me delete me block me and burn my house, but i make this only because too many people ask for a custom recovery after twrp 2.7 and dead CWM project

BUG
Many times it cannot Mount System, and thus the Installation will fail. But try once more, and of course with enough battery and it will work. I am into this problem many times.

All credits to others... i mean M1cha, TWRP team and many other devs that make my Mi2 a wonderful device

ISSUE #1: After 2.8.7 update the transition from AOSP to MIUI became more difficult.
Solution1: A solution was discussed in this thread From AOSP to MIUI with a solution comes after using AROMAFileManager and flashing the ROM after you place it in \tmp folder and unmount the data and system partitions, or tru to place in an OTG USB the zip and be sure that right before the flash, you have not mount the DATA. Don't work with the 5.9.17 (s)MIUI(.eu)
Solution2:(WORKS) Flash Chinese TWRP 2.8.6 from this link TWRP 2.8.6 and follow the .txt instructions to get your familiar english language. It should flash your MIUI (not tested). Open TWRP-> Mount -> Unmount "Data", and the Flash latest (s)MIUI(.eu) (5.9.17 at the time). In order to Unmount Data completely you should copy the zip outside the data partition. I suggest USB-OTG, or with AROMAFileManager inside /tmp folder... Always check twice before, that Data does not mounted

INSTALLATION GUIDE

Before that, thanks to "comment guys", I learnt that if you already have some older TWRP, as TWRP can flash .img files, you can flash the .img inside the recovery in order to update. If Not check below

REBOOT TO FASTBOOT
  1. Turn off your phone
  2. Turn on your phone by pressing the Power button and Vol-
  3. Connect it to your PC via USB

DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL ADB
If you have ADB already installed you can skip this step.
  1. Go to This Discussion
  2. Download the package
  3. Run it as Administrator
  4. Answer always Y or Yes to all the questions
  5. Wait for the installation to finish
  6. Done! You can find all the necessary in C:\adb

DOWNLOAD THE CUSTOM RECOVERY
See the links above

Warning. Change to System1 if you use old layout

UNLOCK THE BOOTLOADER AND INSTALL A CUSTOM RECOVERY
  1. Click on Start > Computer > C:\
  2. Open the adb folder
  3. While pressing SHIFT right click in an empty spot in the folder and select "Open command windows here"
  4. Use this command to check if the phone is correctly plugged-in. If it outputs a hexadecimal string the phone is correctly connected.
    Code:
    fastboot devices
  5. In order to unlock the bootloader use this command:
    Code:
    fastboot oem unlock
  6. To flash the recovery use this command:
    Code:
    fastboot erase recovery
    fastboot flash recovery YOURRECOVERY.img
FINISH

thanks to @AndColla for the guide

BUG Solution : If you cannot flash anything and everything comes to an error, Just tick and untick the "make system partition read only" and everything works after that. Thanks to @antoniosavio96

Last edited:
the official is 3.0.2-0 version which cause me unbelievably great trouble. the 4pda's is 3.0.2-2. But thanks. I don't know if it's better but I can hope. I'll wait a Russian friend, aka Bratani!

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk
You're right, I just flashed the official recovery and it has a lot of bugs. I switched back to 3.0.2-0. What kind of problems do you experience?

the official is 3.0.2-0 version which cause me unbelievably great trouble. the 4pda's is 3.0.2-2. But thanks. I don't know if it's better but I can hope. I'll wait a Russian friend, aka Bratani!

why don't you make an account, once, and then use the forum app as well? it's very convenient. and you don't need much knowledge, just a bit of translate ;)

why don't you make an account, once, and then use the forum app as well? it's very convenient. and you don't need much knowledge, just a bit of translate ;)
It's not that easy. I cannot create an account due to the captcha. Why Russians are so sovinists... we don't want to steal their knowledge, even Chinese sites are more welcoming. I think it's a forgotten rivalry that has roots from Soviet Union times. But at least with Greeks they must be more welcoming.. we are the Orthodox arc... haha

It's not that easy. I cannot create an account due to the captcha. Why Russians are so sovinists... we don't want to steal their knowledge, even Chinese sites are more welcoming. I think it's a forgotten rivalry that has roots from Soviet Union times. But at least with Greeks they must be more welcoming.. we are the Orthodox arc... haha

haha... funny..

i somehow thoght it was possible to request another type of verification, but can't check at the moment as I don't have a desktop right now