Bad Gps And Slow Refresh Rate

timmert26

Members
Jun 2, 2015
I thought I fixed the GPS issue by changing the battery settings from miui to no battery saving controls, however problems persist!

I seem to have an issue with miui 8. Last 2 weeks i was on holiday on cyprus and had the same issue already in the Netherlands that the GPS takes a very long time to find a location, and has issues keeping it (or refreshing it). When using for instance tomtom the car jumps from spot to spot every 10-15 secs instead of flawlessly moves. When I run the same app, version, cards etc. on my old S5 no issues at all. I've this on most versions. Has anyone got similar issues?

Installed SuperSu can cause it.. If you have it..

~Tapatalk Mi5~

Thanks for the suggestion, I will remove the SuperSU app and see if it works. I'll take a drive tonight to see if it can fix GPS signal and hold it.

I'll let you know if it works!

Thanks for the suggestion, I will remove the SuperSU app and see if it works. I'll take a drive tonight to see if it can fix GPS signal and hold it.

I'll let you know if it works!
Not enough.. Remove supersu and reinstall latest rom again..

~Tapatalk Mi5~

I have this GPS issue too and SuperSU installed via twrp. What a bother.. Can someone confirm if removing and reflashing works?

Sent from my MI NOTE LTE using Tapatalk

I have miui 8 rom, 6.7.21 and I used tomtom go smoothly

Enviado desde mi MI 4S mediante Tapatalk

Hey, i've no SuperUS on my phone, and have the same problem with gps since long time ago. Already tried the manage A-GPS and change the gps.conf but anything worked well ... i'm so lost and if i need to resend my phone to the SAV, i will have no phone for 1 month at least ...

Hey, i've no SuperUS on my phone, and have the same problem with gps since long time ago. Already tried the manage A-GPS and change the gps.conf but anything worked well ... i'm so lost and if i need to resend my phone to the SAV, i will have no phone for 1 month at least ...
Flash the latest rom again and it will ask you if you want to install SUPERSU, press yes, than update from google playstore and run the GPS fix app. Wait outside till you get a lock, than download the A-GPS settings within the GPS fix app. This fixed it for me.

Reactions: Santigt