Questions About Xiaomi.eu Dev Rom Before Installing

nlacsoft

Members
Jul 25, 2016
Dear Experts,

could you please let me know about some facts? I'm a newbie and about to install the latest xiaomi eu dev. ROM on my unlocked Redmi 3 Pro (currently i'm on the latest chinese dev. rom, unlocked, dev. mode activated, USB debugging enabled). But before i'd have some questions:
  1. does that ROM still have the MI Store installed?
  2. does that ROM have Google Play installed? yes.. i'd prefer only one app management :)
  3. does that ROM have the "move app to SD card" button at all, if i go into an app's details in Settings?
  4. does that ROM really supports fingerprint lock function for my Redmi 3 Pro? the chinese dev rom doesn't
  5. really can't i install that ROM without TWRP? eg. via the "recovery update" method. (i guess no..)
  6. for TWRP-ing, can you guys suggest an app from Play Store that manages the flashing the EU ROM in a kind of user friendly way?
Thank you in advance!

Unlocked means bootloader unlocked? If yes, if you want to flash a rom different from xiaomi official, stable dev global or china, like xiaomi.eu rom or others, you need twrp recovery, because oricinal xiaomi recovery flash only xiaomi official roms, wich are digitally signed, and no others. Xiaomi.eu roms have google play, no chinese apps, no mi store, but you can istall it afterwards if you need it. To flash twrp you must read the guide provided, if you don't like fastboot method, using apps to flash phone require root, and you must root your phone... for the other questions, i don't know.

Inviato dal mio PLK-L01 utilizzando Tapatalk

Thanks!
Yes, the bootloader is unlocked and root access can be granted for apps (if an app eg. Total Commander tries to act as root the Security app can grant the root permission for it).
I prefer Google Play for app management of course.. no MI Store.

I'd still be curious about the rest of questions (3,4,6)...

Ok, today after some hour of re-flashing and starting things from the zero i've finally managed to install the latest dev EU ROM (xiaomi.eu_multi_HM3_6.7.28_v8-5.1), so let me share my experiences, merged with the answers i've got so far:

1. does that ROM still have the MI Store installed? No
  2. does that ROM have Google Play installed? yes.. i'd prefer only one app management Yes
  3. does that ROM have the "move app to SD card" button at all, if i go into an app's details in Settings? No. On Redmi 3 it seems like not possible to simply move apps to your external SD from the internal storage. There are apps in Play Store that can manage folder mounting to trick the system.
  4. does that ROM really supports fingerprint lock function for my Redmi 3 Pro? Yes. It's a bit tricky however to set it up, at least for me: you have to set up a 4-number PIN for screen lock before and THEN the phone will ask for your fingerprint.
  5. really can't i install that ROM without TWRP? eg. via the "recovery update" method. (i guess no..) Can't
  6. for TWRP-ing, can you guys suggest an app from Play Store that manages the flashing the EU ROM in a kind of user friendly way? I tried one (TWRP Manager) but i "successfully" generated a boot loop with that, after it said it couldn't install TWRP and then somehow it did... I managed to install TWRP and then the ROM using fastboot mode and some command line stuffs, after reading tons of different methods and hacks to do that and trying to filter what steps are really needed. I think i'll publish it in a new post.
Thank you guys!

Reactions: spaiduhz