[tutorial] Flash Global Rom On Bricked, Locked Bl And W/o Edl !

When you put the phone on recovery mode and then connect It to mi pc suite It should flash It to stable chinease official Rom.

Reactions: the_maker
can u please give a step by step guide on how? if u wouldnt mind? will it not bricked the phone on these proces?

There is always risk, whatever the flash process. This one is somehow official.
Install official mi pc suite. http://pcsuite.mi.com/
Start It.
Put the phone in recovery. (Vol+ & pwr)
Connect the phone to computer.
The mi pc suite Will say that the firmware is not the latest and Will flash the phone with latest stable chinease Rom.

The flashing took a looong time for me. Looong download, looong install, looong rebooot, looong optimization, then sucessful boot.

when i press the SHIFT key an klick on this icon, i get this pic... an i can not browse for the FW... ????
Same here !
Did you find a solution ?
It explains me how to go to fastboot, but I want to choose the ROM file to flash on recovery...
I'm on official stable chinese, and i want dev or global...

There is some problem (issue) with Xiaomi rom signatures for flashing. Since this procedure leaked, Xiaomi has denied the PC Suite to flash everything that has Global signature in it, while the BL is locked.

Im trying to make changes, but it looks like a lock out. I have find a way to make a usb cable that puts any Qualcomm device into EDL mode, including Mi 5, but still it can not flash global rom. Something is wrong, dont know still what. I will keep you updated..

Sent from my MI 5

Is it possible to flash official global stable rom from latest official china stable rom with this method ? and with BL locked ?

Is it possible to flash official global stable rom from latest official china stable rom with this method ? and with BL locked ?
yes you can flash it and u can also use EDL method to flash too ... tried and tested on my mi5 with locked BL and installed stable rom's too using images file. else with R FLash u need zip files, but before this you should ensure your device is detected in adb devices ( else its of no use ) , get your windows 10 64bit or 32bit digital signature disabled and then install the drivers for your device 32bit or 64bit and make sure its recognizable in device mgmt ....

yes you can flash it and u can also use EDL method to flash too ... tried and tested on my mi5 with locked BL and installed stable rom's too using images file. else with R FLash u need zip files, but before this you should ensure your device is detected in adb devices ( else its of no use ) , get your windows 10 64bit or 32bit digital signature disabled and then install the drivers for your device 32bit or 64bit and make sure its recognizable in device mgmt ....
http://en.miui.com/thread-291785-1-1.html

Envoyé de mon Nexus 7 en utilisant Tapatalk

After pushing the button with SHIFT key, it asks for Fastboot, shoould it be like that?
mi.JPG

I got phone pic with a cable on a screen (after booting with V+ and PWR buttons), I connect phone to a PC with Chinese Mi PC Suite runing, than I'm pressing the button with a SHIFT key, as you suggested, and I get this window. What I do wrong?

Actually there is no difference if I push this button with or without SHIFT key, thse same window appears...

Actually there is no difference if I push this button with or without SHIFT key, thse same window appears...
Its because the Mi Flash is trying to open a Fastboot Rom, and the options are 2. The first one is the Recovery Rom, and that one should be selected..

Get an EN version, and on the top-right button you will have R. Update or Update. Click on the dropdown arrow, and with SHIFT press the R. Update. It will give you to browse a .zip file. Try it and post here..

I tryed, what you suggested, but when I push R Update with SHIFT and choose Latest Global stable ROM this error message appears:
Capture.JPG

3.2.1.3111 Mi PC SUite
6.5.30 developer MIUI
If its Global Developer, i think it will update auto to the latest version, and if you want to change it to Global Stable, download Recovery rom from en.miui.com, put it in a folder named: donwloaded_rom, and try to select it from Updater app.
Maybe after 2-3 tries it will work, it will accept the update with Erase All option.

Sent from my MI 5

I have tried that, but when choosing latest and previous global stable in Updater app, it gives "can't verify update" error, tried several times...