[tutorial] Flash Global Rom On Bricked, Locked Bl And W/o Edl !

I have tried that, but when choosing latest and previous global stable in Updater app, it gives "can't verify update" error, tried several times...
Ok.. Then you have to flash it in EDL mode with Mi Flash. You know how to do it? I will send you modified fastboot files to enter EDL mode on Mi 5.

Sent from my MI 5

No, I do not know unfortunately.
If you have a tutorial for that, please share.

You have many, here and on en.miui.com, how to flash with Mi Flash.. The drivers are the most important to install, then its only a button click..
See it, i will send you link for edl fastboot files..

Sent from my MI 5

I waisted a day to find a solution and still none of them worked. If you have working solution tutorial, please send a link.

Last edited:
This method requires special cable for locked BL, that's crazy...
No no, its normal cable. That special cable is for entering EDL mode, but you dont need it since we have modified fastboot exe..

Sent from my MI 5

Hi guys, I'm on a it seems locked bootloader with some custom rom 7.2.4.0.0 MAACNDB (Android 6.0 MRA58K), MIUI Global :).
Anyhow, i downloaded official rom and wanted to use China edt of Suite but i get this error:
upload_2016-8-2_18-35-46.png

I enabled debugger options and used option to connect to transfer files:
upload_2016-8-2_18-38-1.png

I read somwhere that this might be the issue with MI Suite?
Or do i miss something?

Regards,
Dusan

Same to me. I have 7.3.4.0.0 (which is not an original rom).

There pops an error up when connecting the phone via USB. I Guess (as i am not able to read chinese, that it means, that the signature of the installed rom is not compatible)

So am i right, when i guess, that i first have to flash an official chinese rom ? But how to do that ? without bricking my brandnew phone ??

Attachments

• fehler.jpg
    fehler.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 404
I don't think it says about the signature, it does not recognize my Mi5 at all (i now tried with ENG version but the same thing):
upload_2016-8-2_19-0-0.png

okay on my other pc the program shows me this picture: see attached.

So am i right, when i guess i first have to flash the original chinese rom ?

Attachments

• fail.jpg
    fail.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 380
okay on my other pc the program shows me this picture: see attached.

So am i right, when i guess i first have to flash the original chinese rom ?
If you hold it with shift it will give you window to select other file, like the Global you downloaded from official site.

Sent from my MI 5

When i hit retry few times it behaves like i disconnected it physically (but i did not, its still connected on USB) i can heard usb disconnect sound and then connect and i can see the animation on the phone itself like the usb has been unplugged and then plugged back. After few time like that it continues to circle with checking for updates...
I even clicked X o that windows and tried with Shift and Update R, it now does not give me the window to chose the file but it brings back the looping animation and checking for updates...
I will leave it like this for a while, something might happen :D
upload_2016-8-2_19-45-34.png

Reactions: the_maker
If you hold it with shift it will give you window to select other file, like the Global you downloaded from official site.

Sent from my MI 5

sorry i do not understand, what shall i hold ? there is that window ( see attached) i can only klick some buttons in that window or close it. Pushing the shift button shows no result

Attachments

• fail.jpg
    fail.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 334
Its written in the first post, to hold Shift while pressing on the R. Update button, so it will open explorer to choose the .zip file. This here i dont understand what it says.

Sent from my MI 5

okay doing this a new window pops up where i have to choose something between recovery or fastboot.

your tutorial seems not to be up to date i guess, Nevertheless its a great work your made. Thanks anyway.

I am really afraid doing something wrong. So i think i wait for the unlocking code

Reactions: the_maker
okay doing this a new window pops up where i have to choose something between recovery or fastboot.

your tutorial seems not to be up to date i guess, Nevertheless its a great work your made. Thanks anyway.

I am really afraid doing something wrong. So i think i wait for the unlocking code
This tutorial works perfect, just Mi changes their policies too often, so some specifics can vary. Anyway, the type of rom you have will be crucial to what and how you can flash it. So, there is no universal flasher for Mi 5, since every resellers puts crappy OS on their own, and ruining the miui its self.

Anyway, the worst thing are the drivers on the PC and because of them, not everyone will have same results following my points. And they do work, its simple command, this holding of Shift while choosing to flash..

Sent from my MI 5

When i hit retry few times it behaves like i disconnected it physically (but i did not, its still connected on USB) i can heard usb disconnect sound and then connect and i can see the animation on the phone itself like the usb has been unplugged and then plugged back. After few time like that it continues to circle with checking for updates...
I even clicked X o that windows and tried with Shift and Update R, it now does not give me the window to chose the file but it brings back the looping animation and checking for updates...
I will leave it like this for a while, something might happen :D
View attachment 13238
well.. after few hours nothing happened... phone is still on recovery screen and not being recognized bz the suite.
Can someone verify to have this working on Windows 10 x64? And screenshot of any drivers from device manager would be nice to have to compare with?

Ok guys, i will try to help sort out some issues. I will advice you on working solutions, you use the one that suites you.

- First install this Mi Flash (new 64bit): http://www.miui.mk/files/new_flash/MiFlashSetup-Beta_06.2016.msi
- You can install it for the best by restarting your PC in Test mode, by going to Advanced Startup - > Disable Driver Signature Mode (and then install it. it can install unsigned drivers, like the ones from Mi)
- Get this EDL patched fastboot drivers/exe: http://www.miui.mk/files/3.Tools/!patched_fastboot_edl.zip

1. Download the Global Stable version from: http://en.miui.com/download-299.html.
- Create a folder in the root of your internal memory downloaded_rom
- Copy the file there
- Go to Updater -> Choose Update Package - select the .zip. If it fails to Ferify, try 4-5 more. Many times it works, depends on many factors, including server load, and your software version. Sometimes it works from 2-3 tries.

2. Download this latest FASTBOOT rom, Global Developer: http://bigota.d.miui.com/6.5.30/gem...30_20160516.0000.22_6.0_global_9cee9512c7.tgz
- Go to where you unpacked the edl_fastboot drivers, and click in the folder with holding Shift + right click open CMD from there..
- Start edl.cmd / Your phone will enter EDL mode. Open Device Manager, and if your drivers are ok, then the phone will be in PORTS as a Qualcomm Device. If its not, then some drivers are wrong.
- Open the Mi Flash program and (i hope you know this) it should be recognized as COM device, and flash it. If your are lucky, it will go OK in the end. If some errors occure, you will have to search more in depth.

3. Using the method from the OP, but with all the drivers installed from here, as explained. I'm sure that procedure works, but sometimes verifying the build with Xiaomi servers its poor. Some versions are intentionally left out, but some do work, and the Mi Pc Suite will let you flash an outside .zip file (rom). This all depends on the ****** rom some Chinese expert put on your re-sellers phone, like 7.11.00.112 or 7.8.9.0.1. They put those BIG numbers, so it never happens for the phone to accidentally hook up an OTA, and to make the phone unusable.

I hope i explained briefly some questions. Since i have very little free time i will try to help my best to fix further issues.

Can somebody explain what this picture mean ?

It pops up, when cklickung the shift and the flash button

Attachments

• recovery.jpg
    recovery.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 371
okay, xiaomi seems to have updated their program ( see attached image, with the red marked vers. number)

perhaps here is the failure

can somebody send me the version ...4071 ?

my email is: ikfm@gmx.de

thanks very much

Attachments

• version.jpg
    version.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 316
okay, xiaomi seems to have updated their program ( see attached image, with the red marked vers. number)

perhaps here is the failure

can somebody send me the version ...4071 ?

my email is: ikfm@gmx.de

thanks very much
Yes Mike, i noticed the same behaviour, new version from CH. However the ENG one still offers to sideload file when you hold "shift" while Pressing the "R. Flash". Not sure if that's enough for you, i get error reading device :(