Android Os Battery Drain Standby

mfpreach

Members
Aug 5, 2016
Just received the tablet yesterday. I installed 6.5.7 rooted and removed whetstone. The tablet is now smooth.

I came home from work and noticed only 60% battery remaining and have determined Android OS is the culprit.

Any ideas why this would be ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-08-09-16-40-09_com.android.settings.png
    Screenshot_2016-08-09-16-40-09_com.android.settings.png
    132.8 KB · Views: 410
Installed wake lock detector and noticed Gmail may be the culprit. I've also turned off Wi-Fi on standby I will report back tomorrow.

If it's still a problem, I'll try a different ROM.

I couldn't take all the ram issues, redrawing, and browser freezing so I flashed AOSP on the device. With AOSP is is VERY VERY smooth and no more crashing and freezing. I do miss some of the visual aspects of MIUI but it is just not stable enough. You should try AOSP.

I have flashed aosp version yesterday, absolutely happy now. No moire drain an very very smooth rom

I tried AOSP for some days, but I couldn't manage to get the location service working.
For me a no-go. So i switched back to xiaomi.eu
Anyone else managed to get the location service working under AOSP?

After using AOSP on my 64GB Mipad 2 it starts to drain battery again ,
I have seen a beta 8.22 Miui 8 being worked on on en.miui.com but not if that will help the case. Will try RemixOS_mix 2.0 to see if that one is more effecient with the battery

I'm getting wakelocks again too. I think it is the WIFI. I'm going to try and turn off WIFI scanning.

Seems no longer the case with 7.5.2.0, the pad goes straight 2 days ++ without any standby battery drain.