Mi4 Lte Ramdom Reboots [with Logs]

Hi Zergio, What ROM? KK or MM? with Wake Lock app or no?
I ask you because 2 days ago i put in my Mi4 MIUI 8 (Beta) ROM and it reboot 3 times... Since yesterday i start using Wake Lock app and no reboots for now.
6.8.11 xiaomi.eu
No wake lock app.

Enviado desde mi MI 4LTE mediante Tapatalk

2c3c6ab0d620e91dcefc4b37d66b57d8.jpg

Still up at close to 100 h

Envoyé de mon MI 4W en utilisant Tapatalk

Testing 8.0.2 stable from xiaomi.eu.
Full wipe, no backup restore, no logged MI account.

Reached 4 days, no reboot with wake lock. Are wake lock users all still reboot safe?

Testing 8.0.2 stable from xiaomi.eu.
Full wipe, no backup restore, no logged MI account.

Thanks to update us on stable too. Are u using it without any extra app for testing?

Reactions: Gingernut
a
Hi Zergio, What ROM? KK or MM? with Wake Lock app or no?
I ask you because 2 days ago i put in my Mi4 MIUI 8 (Beta) ROM and it reboot 3 times... Since yesterday i start using Wake Lock app and no reboots for now.
Are you still preserved from reboots ?

Thanks to update us on stable too. Are u using it without any extra app for testing?

only without logged in MI account, no extra app

I think .eu stable rom are based on official china stable.

I think they're based on china dev roms not stables as they are much more "hack" friendly and also they have to keep them bootlock free for various xiaomi phones.

You can easily check what versions the .eu stables are based on. This is why I'm not really sure what's stable about them, perhaps they are in common with the corresponding official stable rom although I'm not sure that's the case either.

I haven't been testing anything lately as gf says reboots don't bother her. But I was wondering did anyone try a complete wipe with "fastboot erase *" as well and then fresh install. If there are still partitions in the game then "fastboot erase partition" could help too.

Also did everyone with reboots buy the phone with some unofficial version preinstalled? Anyone here that received it with an original miui rom?

Keep in mind xiaomi.eu "stables" are based on china dev roms. It's entirely different to official stables. Possibly not even the same version.
Loool...
You drunk mate...
Xiaomi.eu Weekly Roms based on China Dev Weekly Roms
Xiaomi.eu Stable Roms based on China Stable Roms

Reactions: mckennal
I've checked and edited (for personal use) many .eu stables and I haven't seen any indication that they're based on china stables.

But I freely admit I could be wrong. Please give me some proof?

I bros, i'm here to notice u guys that china stable 8.0.2.0 rom still has auto reboot issue. I juz updated a day ago and it happened right now. ****kkk~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I bros, i'm here to notice u guys that china stable 8.0.2.0 rom still has auto reboot issue. I juz updated a day ago and it happened right now. ****kkk~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Indeed as it is still in all dev roms.
Only workaround so far seems to be wake lock app.

I've checked and edited (for personal use) many .eu stables and I haven't seen any indication that they're based on china stables.

But I freely admit I could be wrong. Please give me some proof?
Mate install a stable from xiaom.eu and go to About device and see version...
You will see that matches with China Stable Version

KcNirvana you are right. Xiaomi.eu stables are modified china stable roms. I don`t know why they call them stables if a phone random reebots, it`s android is not stable. lol
For my Mi4 the last good rom I found is 7.1.5.0 stable from xiaomi.eu, bassed on 4.4.
But android 7.0 it`s out there and we are facing this BIG issue staying on 4.4. Nice huh?

Last edited:
KcNirvana you are not right. Xiaomi.eu stables are modified china dev roms. I don`t know why they call them stables if a phone random reebots, it`s android is not stable. lol
For my Mi4 the last good rom I found is 7.1.5.0 stable from xiaomi.eu, bassed on 4.4.
But android 7.0 it`s out there and we are facing this BIG issue staying on 4.4. Nice huh?
Android 7 AOSP has dropped mi4 cpu support.... 800 and 801

KcNirvana you are not right. Xiaomi.eu stables are modified china dev roms. I don`t know why they call them stables if a phone random reebots, it`s android is not stable. lol
Never laughed so much...
Mate go home you drunk....

Xiaomi.eu stables are CHINA STABLE ROMS with the modifications they do in CHINA DEV ROMS.
See if you understand once for all:

Xiaomi launch every friday the dev roms
So tomorrow Xiaomi will launch 6.8.25
Xiaomi.eu 6.8.25 is that rom with the goodies of Xiaomi.eu

Xiaomi launch a stable rom like V8.0.2.0.MXDCNDG for MI4
Xiaomi.eu V8.0.2.0.MXDCNDG is based on that rom.

If you face issues with random reboots on stables rom the problem is with XIAOMI. So if you want to do something confirm the bugs in EN.MIUI.COM like mine:
http://en.miui.com/thread-308735-1-1.html

Don't humiliate yourself more with the ****** things you say like Xiaomi.eu stables are modified china dev roms.

This is simply not true. Yes the numbering system supports what you're saying but you're basing this on zero actual facts. One quick example I can give you is the new 8.0.1.0 mi4c .eu stable, yet there's no such china stable version, but ok, maybe the .eu team has beta testers or rather access to prereleased roms.

The folks at xiaomi.eu are nice enough to provide you with info in build.prop on what china dev version that particular stable is based on. That's just one of many things you can check... and I already mentioned a few out of many reasons why china dev roms are used for modified/custom releases.

If you're talking about kernel versions, you're forgetting that many consecutive versions can have the same kernel version so again this means nothing.

Perhaps we all differ on what "based on" means but please don't go blasting like a little kid for no reason.

This is simply not true. Yes the numbering system supports what you're saying but you're basing this on zero actual facts. One quick example I can give you is the new 8.0.1.0 mi4c .eu stable, yet there's no such china stable version, but ok, maybe the .eu team has beta testers or rather access to prereleased roms.

The folks at xiaomi.eu are nice enough to provide you with info in build.prop on what china dev version that particular stable is based on. That's just one of many things you can check... and I already mentioned a few out of many reasons why china dev roms are used for modified/custom releases.

If you're talking about kernel versions, you're forgetting that many consecutive versions can have the same kernel version so again this means nothing.

Perhaps we all differ on what "based on" means but please don't go blasting like a little kid for no reason.

FWIW there is a China stable 8.0.1.0 but not in the English forum, it's on the Chinese one.

Like I told to another user...
Mate don't embarace yourself ok?
You know that right now Xiaomi.eu devs are compiling weekly 6.8.25 right?
But wait...
There is no 6.8.25 yet to download...

But another example...
Google launched Android 7.0.
There is no Nexus 5x Nougat factory image.
So all the Nexus 5x users that say that have already the Nougat are liars....
Once again, don't embarace yourself.
And if you really want to prove the facts, install official china stable Mi4C, apply into Xiaomi Beta team and see if you don't receive new stable V8.0.1.0.LXKCNDG right away...

I've compared .eu stable and china stable before and am not seeing what you're seeing but like I said we probably have a different interpretation of what based on is. No worries mate I'm not embarrassed and frankly it's not important as all versions have reboot issues anyway and that's what this discussion is about.

But if you have some sort of need to rant and feel important I really couldn't care less :)