Installing Xiaomi.eu Rom On Mi4s (vendor Rom)

xecandy

Members
Aug 25, 2016
Hi guys,

It's my first time here and i have some questions. I have a mi4s running MIUI Global 7.2 | Stable 7.2.3.0.0 (LAJCNDA) (I think it's a vendor ROM). I have read a lot of posts and everyone told me to install xiaomi.eu ROM. So i will try to install it, i already have unlock permission (but i didn't unlock the phone yet). Could you please answer a few questions?

1. Users with MI4S using the latest stable rom by xiaomi.eu. Is everything fine with the rom? Do you recommend it? Any bugs or errors? I am having a good experience with the vendor ROM so I don't wanna change to something worse.
2. To install the xiaomi.eu ROM i just have to unlock the bootloader, install TWRP by fastboot and install the ROM with TWRP, right? Do i need to root the device?
3. Every app of official MIUI8 is avaiable on the xiaomi.eu ROM? Like the calculator, etc...

I hope you can help me. If someone knows a step by step guide to install a xiaomi.eu ROM on a MI4S device with vendor ROM feel free to share. Many thanks!

Roms by xiaomi.eu are the same official rom, They just have multilanguage. You don't need root. And, yes, all the apps are avaliables

Enviado desde mi MI 4S mediante Tapatalk

Hi,
i'm interested in that too.
I have bought a mi4s and it come with a vendor ROM: 7.92.5.0 LAJCNDA.
That ROM is not completely bad but i have 2 issue: a malware installed in one of those chinese system application and i notice that the GPS is quite slow and give some issue to the phone (seems that i can lock internet sometimes).

So i'm thinking to to put a different ROM, from xiaomi.eu or official ,the problem is that i don't know how to do. I searched on some forum (xiaomi.eu included) and i found a lot of different procedures and i'm so confused; i really need a step by step procedure.

I think that i found a quite clear procedure on this forum; i can't post the link but is from tuxiaomi.es for mi 4s.

Is this one the correct one? Must i unlock bootloader before or it isn't necessary?

I found also some procedure that use the uploader app: could that works too?

Also, has someone tried both global and unofficial Rom? Can you really notice the difference? The GPS is faster on xiaomi.eu Rom for european use?

Thanks

Thank you for fast answer.
So the twrp is needed to install miui 8 after the tutorial, right?
The two links, are the spanish and english version of the same method, right?
The thread say the method is risky..i can brik the phone?
I see you have Mi4s, have you tried both official and xiaomi.eu version? Do you suggest xiaomi.eu version for european use?

Thanks again

Last edited:
the brig can happen, but it is very difficult to happen. I leave a link with this case. I have xiaomi.eu and rom is the same as the original, but translated. rom miui took eight weekly. if you do not want do not need TWRP, but it is advisable to backup before changing rom. if you decide to install TWRP you have to update it before putting miui 8 are the same tutorials in English and Spanish

Reactions: F4bri
Council, set Windows to install drivers are not digitally signed, and avoid problems

Ok, thank you . I think i'll try tomorrow.
But can i use the tutorial and changing miui 7 with miui 8 before flashing? it works?

See You The five post, there You have like changes miui 7 to miui 8

Ok, but can i use the tutorial and install directly last twrp? SO a this step "9. To install the TWRP recovery , just follow the step 4 to go to fastboot mode again, and run the Mi4S TWRP.cmd ." can i just substitute the TWRP from the zip 7.2 Aqua with the last one or doesn't work this way?

you must follow the tutorial from the beginning, and the TWRP is optional. if you do, you have to be with that version, which is flasheable by fastboot. then from the TWRP own you install the 3.0.2.0

3.0.2.0 twrp update, It is a img file. in recovery mode switch button on, and vol +, choose to install, choose from image, and choose File img

Do You remember, oficial roms have ota update, xiaomi.eu roms, not have ota update

Yeah , i know , the vendor ROM hasn't update too.
I just hope they have't modified the recovery mode and it works how we expect.

Google searches how to configure Windows to install drivers are not digitally signed
Only 64 bits

Maybe I was just wrong... I should see the Qualcomm loader also before to plug the phone in or not?
Anyway I have done what i found is needed to install drivers without signature

ok, just do what he tells you the tutorial, connect your phone to the PC in fastboot mode and follow the tutorial, you'll know if the program recognizes miflash. forget the rest

Yes, on step 6 it says :" Make sure you have install the QualcommHS-USB QDLoader 9008 Driver"

bd29cf5494abbdf10e2313e73703b8a9.jpg

When You connected The phone to pc, if miflash recognize , then go, if miflash not recognize, then faillure

Reactions: F4bri
Ok, it worked, really thank you for all your help.
I have done all the tutorials until twrp, i installed the twrp but skipped step 10 to root the device (not interested).
Now if i want to put miui 8 i have to (sorry for repeating but i want to be sure) :
1. Copy last twrp image on the phone and
2.Go in recovery mode by pressing vol + and power ,at this point twrp should start
3.select install and choose twrp image
4.repeat step 1-3 for miui 8 image.
Right?

Also in your experience right now is better miui 7 from tutorial or miui 8?