From Xiaomi.eu Til Official Global

R

Riccoo

Hello,
I wan't to go from xiaomi.eu's 8.0.5.0 to the new official global stable that just got released. However, I don't understand how to enter fastboot mode when I have TRWP installed, as when I click power button and volum + my phone only boots in TRWP, and not fastboot. Apparantly I need this to be able to use MiFlash, to flash the official ROM.
Can I install it via TRWP as well, what is the difference? And if I use TRWP, should I download fastboot or recovery ROM? Thanks

Hello,
I wan't to go from xiaomi.eu's 8.0.5.0 to the new official global stable that just got released. However, I don't understand how to enter fastboot mode when I have TRWP installed, as when I click power button and volum + my phone only boots in TRWP, and not fastboot. Apparantly I need this to be able to use MiFlash, to flash the official ROM.
Can I install it via TRWP as well, what is the difference? And if I use TRWP, should I download fastboot or recovery ROM? Thanks
Volume down + Power

sent from my Mi5

You can install from twrp recovery, just wipe before. After install reboot twrp to patch recovery, then boot global stable.

Envoyé de mon MI 4W en utilisant Tapatalk

You can install from twrp recovery, just wipe before. After install reboot twrp to patch recovery, then boot global stable.

Envoyé de mon MI 4W en utilisant Tapatalk

Thanks! But where do I save the ROM-file though? Because if I wipe it, before installing, then I loose the ROM-file as well..?

Something went wrong during the flashing, so now my phone is just stuck on the Mi-logo when I boot it (theres not even the dots under that usually indicates that something is happening). I can still boot to TWRP, but not sure how to proceed. Can someone please tell me what to do? I tried downloading MiFlash and ADB, etc, but when I run the ADB commands my phone isn't found, neither in fastboot nor when TWRP is open.

Something went wrong during the flashing, so now my phone is just stuck on the Mi-logo when I boot it (theres not even the dots under that usually indicates that something is happening). I can still boot to TWRP, but not sure how to proceed. Can someone please tell me what to do? I tried downloading MiFlash and ADB, etc, but when I run the ADB commands my phone isn't found, neither in fastboot nor when TWRP is open.
Install Xiaomi Qualcomm drivers, then reconnect the phone in fastboot mode. Then use miflash if you want to go to official rom. Instead, download Xiaomi.eu rom and flash it with twrp.

sent from my Mi5

Reactions: jc rey and Riccoo

Hi All, this is also happening to me. Others reported that they did the same thing and went succesfull:
1. from TWRP recovery -> wipe dalvik, cache, system, data
2. install/flash MIUI global rom zip
3. reboot to recovery (TWRP)
4. from TWRP, reboot to System (to prevent TWRP recovery from being overwritten by stock recovery as others say)

Did the same thing, but MI logo is all I have now for 23 minutes and counting. what did I miss?
basically, I want to retain my TWRP and use MIUI 8 Official Global rom. I'm coming from EU rom 8.0.10.0.