Upgrading From Eu Miui7 To Global Miui8

ozfunghi

Members
Jan 17, 2016
Since i installed the latest/last EU Miui7 ROM (non-rooted version) and it is basically the worst ROM i've ever had installed on any phone (worse performance, HORRIBLE GPS, bad battery life...) on top of the fact that a bunch of apps i care for will not run on the "non official" ROM and i only wanted the EU ROM for language support in the first place, i've decided to upgrade to Miui8 GLOBAL.

But since i had to use fastboot to install TWRP before installing the EU ROM before, i'm wondering what i have to do to turn back to global. Can i just install it as an update from the phone, can i install it via TWRP, do i have to use the flash tool...?

thanks!

Since i installed the latest/last EU Miui7 ROM (non-rooted version) and it is basically the worst ROM i've ever had installed on any phone (worse performance, HORRIBLE GPS, bad battery life...) on top of the fact that a bunch of apps i care for will not run on the "non official" ROM and i only wanted the EU ROM for language support in the first place, i've decided to upgrade to Miui8 GLOBAL.

But since i had to use fastboot to install TWRP before installing the EU ROM before, i'm wondering what i have to do to turn back to global. Can i just install it as an update from the phone, can i install it via TWRP, do i have to use the flash tool...?

thanks!
MiFlash tool would be the best option in my opinion. Atleast safest. :)

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

thanks!
Are you sure you've installed the ROM eu?
Here many people are happy!

Obviously they don't always since i'm not happy with it. I've had a EU ROM before which was good (but had spyware installed in root by the reseller which is why i went for a new EU ROM), but the latest MIUI7 Rom is bad for my phone. GPS is all over the place, battery is very bad.

EDIT: OK, i did it with MiFlash tool. Worked. Now hoping for improvements.

Last edited:
Obviously they don't always since i'm not happy with it. I've had a EU ROM before which was good (but had spyware installed in root by the reseller which is why i went for a new EU ROM), but the latest MIUI7 Rom is bad for my phone. GPS is all over the place, battery is very bad.

So you are on official rom now?
How is the overall feeling and battery?
Can you do pcmark battery test please? :)

Reactions: Stefano131270

Hello, because you talk about MIUI7? I hope you have not forgotten MIUI8.
I arrived at 6.30 SOT with weekly 06.07.21, I have a screenshot if you want. Last month I used City GPS with data network and offline with Google map, absolutely excellent phone, only after 30 minutes of navigator a bit hot. If you want, write and try to figure out, you too must be satisfied.
See you

Ciao, perche' parli di MIUI7? Spero che non ti sei dimenticato di MIUI8.
Io sono arrivato a 6.30 di SOT con weekly 6.7.21, ho ancora uno screenshot se vuoi. Il mese scorso ho utilizzato in Citta' GPS con rete dati e offline con la mappa di Google, il telefono e la ROM sono assolutamente ottimi, solo dopo 30 minuti di navigatore un po' caldo. Se vuoi scrivi e proviamo a capire, anche tu devi essere soddisfatto.
Ci sentiamo

Yes , i want upgrade , but I am afraid to brick the phone. I need help, you will ask me indicate a tutorial? I have miui.eu7, 5:10:22 pt-pt with root in security app
Almost impossible brick Redmi Note 2.
You need only to do a backup
Download new ROM
TWRP
Wipe data, wipe cache, wipe Dalvik
If you do not want to wipe data, the phone works equally > just wipe cache and wipe Dalvik
When you're in TWRP load new ROM

So you are on official rom now?
How is the overall feeling and battery?
Can you do pcmark battery test please? :)

Overal feeling is the same. Not a fan of dropdown tray, so i changed it back to the "old way". Already some things work which didn't work in EU7, like owner message on lockscreen. Also Miitomo app works (without having to root/hide) which did not work in EU ROM. Antutu benchmark is noticably worse. I now get 49.000. My previous EU ROM scored 52.000 and my first EU ROM scored 56.000.

Only did the upgrade at night, so i can't judge battery yet.

Almost impossible brick Redmi Note 2.
You need only to do a backup
Download new ROM
TWRP
Wipe data, wipe cache, wipe Dalvik
If you do not want to wipe data, the phone works equally > just wipe cache and wipe Dalvik
When you're in TWRP load new ROM
Can i flash twrp with flashify?
Twrp any version?

Yes , i want upgrade , but I am afraid to brick the phone. I need help, you will ask me indicate a tutorial? I have miui.eu7, 5:10:22 pt-pt with root in security app

If you are very happy (like you said), with your current ROM, why would you upgrade? Trust me, if you are happy, don't upgrade. I was very happy with my first EU ROM, but the reseller had installed spyware in ROOT. So i couldn't remove it unless i installed another ROM or rooted the device. Looking back, i should just have rooted the device to remove the spyware, but i thought the new EU ROM would be better. It wasn't, it was much worse. I should have stayed with the first installed ROM, but i did not look at which version was installed before i removed it, so i couldn't go back either.

If you are happy with your phone like it it, than keep it like it is.

Overal feeling is the same. Not a fan of dropdown tray, so i changed it back to the "old way". Already some things work which didn't work in EU7, like owner message on lockscreen. Also Miitomo app works (without having to root/hide) which did not work in EU ROM. Antutu benchmark is noticably worse. I now get 49.000. My previous EU ROM scored 52.000 and my first EU ROM scored 56.000.

Only did the upgrade at night, so i can't judge battery yet.
So you never tried EU MIUI 8?

If you are very happy (like you said), with your current ROM, why would you upgrade? Trust me, if you are happy, don't upgrade. I was very happy with my first EU ROM, but the reseller had installed spyware in ROOT. So i couldn't remove it unless i installed another ROM or rooted the device. Looking back, i should just have rooted the device to remove the spyware, but i thought the new EU ROM would be better. It wasn't, it was much worse. I should have stayed with the first installed ROM, but i did not look at which version was installed before i removed it, so i couldn't go back either.

If you are happy with your phone like it it, than keep it like it is.
One diference , i known my rom version, i have it in zip to, and i want try Miui 8. I hear very people talk well

We get it, then we do not stay here
Or try to be neutral

I am neutral. I had a very good first EU ROM, but the reseller had installed spyware on it, so i upgraded to another, newer MiUI7 EU, which was not good at all (and very frustrating if you count on the GPS to track your bike/run route but after coming home you see the route recording is complete garbage and sometimes recorded up to FIVE MILES from the position where i was running!!! Problem occured with multiple apps!)

So now i'm trying MIUI8 global, hoping it will be better. And please don't assume i'm not neutral.