Mi4 Lte Ramdom Reboots [with Logs]

I've compared .eu stable and china stable before and am not seeing what you're seeing but like I said we probably have a different interpretation of what based on is. No worries mate I'm not embarrassed and frankly it's not important as all versions have reboot issues anyway and that's what this discussion is about.

But if you have some sort of need to rant and feel important I really couldn't care less :)
Important?
No...
I just don't like stupidity...

But to finish this off-topic, there are plenty of users complaining about random reboots...
http://en.miui.com/thread-315820-1-1.html
http://en.miui.com/thread-308735-1-1.html
It's is said that the problem is in MM cancro kernel but who knows...

Due to wake lock fix that seems to be working... If this is voiding doze mode, this could be the issue....

Doze modw was not present on 4.4...

Enviado desde mi MI 4LTE mediante Tapatalk

+80 hr without reboots. 8.0.2 xiaomi.eu

d787c5ab8f7d774036849e140b79c7c3.jpg

same issue with Mi4 wcdma 3/16 with MIUI8, back to 7.2.11 today for testing. I'll keep an eye on this thread, I need one week or two to confirm if stability can be achieved or not with 7.2.11, unless somebody has already exprerience with this release. I feel 7.3, 7.4, 8 of MIUI are affected.
Note that I see around 3 Mi4 3/16 affected WHILE 2 Mi4 3/64 are not.
I have the same issue with Mi4 LTE/64G.
so,two types of Mi4 are all with the same issue.

Reactions: jc rey
im currently on last stable build, wiped and factory resetted when i flashed it. now up to 130h and it keeps going, no other apps or anything, mi account is logged too. i'll keep u posted if anything happens

im currently on last stable build, wiped and factory resetted when i flashed it. now up to 130h and it keeps going, no other apps or anything, mi account is logged too. i'll keep u posted if anything happens
Thanks, let it run. All this means that even if no reboot happens the first days, it takes a while to validate, I believe we need weeks unless we get a reboot.

Envoyé de mon MI 5 en utilisant Tapatalk

Hello, currently I have the xiaomi.eu weekly. To switch to the latest stable build can i simply flash by TWRP with wipe cache and dalvik or I must make factory reset?

Hello, currently I have the xiaomi.eu weekly. To switch to the latest stable build can i simply flash by TWRP with wipe cache and dalvik or I must make factory reset?
Factory reset, and after flash, cache and dalvik

Reactions: sakura10
6.8.23 with mpdecision workaround. 115h no reboot, I let it run.

Envoyé de mon MI 4W en utilisant Tapatalk

Explain what it is please bro.
What I did is that I replaced mpdecision binary in /system/bin with an older one. 125h still no reboot.
I uploaded the binary in a post a day ago in this thread.

So you need to boot twrp, replace the file and give it 755 right.

Mpdecision is about cpu core management. You can try this on a rom you had reboots to compare.

Envoyé de mon Nexus 7 en utilisant Tapatalk

Reactions: manlysixpacks
Guys, who plans to try mpdecision?
Also for others running wake lock app, did anyone faced any reboot yet? Thanks for update.

6.8.23 with mpdecision workaround. 115h no reboot, I let it run.
Are you absolutely sure this service was/is enabled by default on your device? I was reading that Xiaomi purposely disabled it in order to implement their own CPU management solution.

unfortunately, reached 160h then rebooted. now testing wake lock app and lets see how much it runs.
weird thing, didnt have one reboot in 160h, then rebooted 2 times in a day, while idle, one time while charging and full battery(i usually leave my phone charging at night), and another one while idle again, not charging, no apps running except for system.

unfortunately, reached 160h then rebooted. now testing wake lock app and lets see how much it runs.
weird thing, didnt have one reboot in 160h, then rebooted 2 times in a day, while idle, one time while charging and full battery(i usually leave my phone charging at night), and another one while idle again, not charging, no apps running except for system.
Yes as you say it can run well for a while, making it hard to debug.

Are you absolutely sure this service was/is enabled by default on your device? I was reading that Xiaomi purposely disabled it in order to implement their own CPU management solution.
Not 100% sure, but some beta members claim they do not reboot with this binary. So to validate we need more testers...