Completely Bricked Redmi 3s, Please Help

trendkill

Members
Aug 18, 2016
Hi! Guys, I need some help. I just received my Redmi 3S (32GB/3GB) and fully bricked in a few hours! Trying to fix it since 2 days, but nothing works. The bootloader wasn't locked, so I flashed TWRP and tried to flash Xiaomi.EU custom rom. It didn't boot up, stucked with the mi logo on the middle. So I tried to flash MIUI8 Global Developer, again with TRWP. Same happened, plus the bootloader became locked. After that, and this is the biggest problem: with fastboot I went into EDL mode, and used XiaoMiFlash(beta) and flashed the current Developer CN version (land_images_6.8.18_20160805.0000.29_6.0_cn_5cf1babb23.tgz). It tooks 2 hours, everything looked good during the process, flash done, success. Since that:

- Always blank screen
- No led indicators showing me if it's charging
- Pressing the power on button, (even with vol- or +) nothing happens
- MiFlash doesn't recognize it anymore
- No Fastboot
- When I connect to PC, it recognizes as Qualcomm HS-USB Diagnostics 900E (COM10)

The phone looks completely dead. Please help, if you can, I have no more idea.

When I connect to PC, it recognizes as Qualcomm HS-USB Diagnostics 900E (COM10)

Disclaimer: I am new owner of 3S, with no experience with bricked phone. Can not post links - so you use Google search. I am so frustrated, 30 min of editing text and it is still refused as containing links. So here you go this way.

Code:
Disclaimer: I am new owner of 3S, with no experience with bricked phone. Can not post links - so you use Google search.
I believe not all is lost, as PC still recognizes phone.

Go to official MI forum for new global stable rom: MIUI 7.5 Global Stable V7.5.9.0.MALMIDE for Redmi 3S Released! Download Here!
From that page get Fastboot ROM (1620 MB).

Go to unbricking instructions: [MIUI DEVICE TEAM] How to Flash  Unbrick Redmi 3S!
From there get Mi Flash Tool - Beta. Install it on 64 bit windows.
In windows Device manager force driver update for Qualcomm HS-USB Diagnostics 900E, manualy show correct path under MiFlash. This step may not be neccesary, I can not tell.
Now try if flash tool sees 3S.

Phone must be in EDL-Download mode to flash. You will see COM xx on the Mi Flash Tool not aplhanumeric value.
To enter EDL-download mode use Volume Up + Power, but you say that does not work any more.

Second way to enter EDL-download mode:
Download and install Minimal ADB and Fastboot
Double click to launch, type:
adb reboot edl
enter

After that start Flash tool, check if phone is recognized, continue with flashing.
My normal flashing procedure took 15 minutes to finish after phone reboot, so be patient.

Best luck!

Disclaimer: I am new owner of 3S, with no experience with bricked phone. Can not post links - so you use Google search. I am so frustrated, 30 min of editing text and it is still refused as containing links. So here you go this way.

Code:
Disclaimer: I am new owner of 3S, with no experience with bricked phone. Can not post links - so you use Google search.
I believe not all is lost, as PC still recognizes phone.

Go to official MI forum for new global stable rom: MIUI 7.5 Global Stable V7.5.9.0.MALMIDE for Redmi 3S Released! Download Here!
From that page get Fastboot ROM (1620 MB).

Go to unbricking instructions: [MIUI DEVICE TEAM] How to Flash  Unbrick Redmi 3S!
From there get Mi Flash Tool - Beta. Install it on 64 bit windows.
In windows Device manager force driver update for Qualcomm HS-USB Diagnostics 900E, manualy show correct path under MiFlash. This step may not be neccesary, I can not tell.
Now try if flash tool sees 3S.

Phone must be in EDL-Download mode to flash. You will see COM xx on the Mi Flash Tool not aplhanumeric value.
To enter EDL-download mode use Volume Up + Power, but you say that does not work any more.

Second way to enter EDL-download mode:
Download and install Minimal ADB and Fastboot
Double click to launch, type:
adb reboot edl
enter

After that start Flash tool, check if phone is recognized, continue with flashing.
My normal flashing procedure took 15 minutes to finish after phone reboot, so be patient.

Best luck!

Thanks for your comment! I tried to reinstall the drivers, but MiFlash still can't see the device. I don't know if it's in EDL mode or not, as it doesn't do anything by pressing the buttons, screen is blank. Fastboot can't see the device either. I'm in China, so I sent it back to the shop, trying to play the warranty card. If I get a new one, I'll try it again, bit more smart way :)

If I get a new one, I'll try it again, bit more smart way
Redmi 3S is very new phone, still without support. At present day, I would never use TWRP for flashing. Use only latest Mi Flash(beta), and that only in EDL/download mode, with Clear All option.

Redmi 3S is very new phone, still without support. At present day, I would never use TWRP for flashing. Use only latest Mi Flash(beta), and that only in EDL/download mode, with Clear All option.

Is it possible to flash xiaomi.eu custom with MiFlash? I think that works only with TWRP. And I don't think I'm brave enough to enter EDL mode again :)

Is it possible to flash xiaomi.eu custom with MiFlash? I think that works only with TWRP.
You are correct, for xiaomi.eu roms you use TWRP. To install TWRP, you must first unlock bootloader. I think when you unlock bootloader, you also break official OTA updates for official roms. I choose to stay on official rom for next 6 months.

You are correct, for xiaomi.eu roms you use TWRP. To install TWRP, you must first unlock bootloader. I think when you unlock bootloader, you also break official OTA updates for official roms. I choose to stay on official rom for next 6 months.

Sad to hear that. All right, I will stock with global developer for a while too. Thanks for the answers

Hi.
I have this same problem - Redmi 3S is brick. In USB visible only as 900E, can't enter to EDL, fastboot, recovery etc.
Maybe someone knows where is test points in Xiaomi Redmi 3S ?

If you have alredy installed TWRP on the smartphone, turn on Redmi and connect on PC.
Download and install Minimal ADB and Fastboot, copy twrp.img (land) in directory ADB
open shell (shift+mouse right) and write:

fastboot boot twrp.img

smartphone reboot on recovery twrp

Last edited:
I'll receive the new Redmi 3S Prime tomorrow. Guys, is it possible to upgrade in one step from official China Stable 7.3 to Global Developer 6.8.25? With locked bootloader. With System Update or Recovery Update method.

Yeah. I Unlocked the bootloader. Than mi phone suite didn't work, update from package didn't work, but worked with the latest xiaomiflash. Thanks