Root And Twrp Install

M. H.

Members
Aug 30, 2016
Hi,

today I received my new Redmi Pro (64 GB). I want to root the device (for restoring apps with Titanium Backup) and read that you need the developer not the stable rom version installed. So now I have some questions. Perhaps anyone is that kind to answer them. Thanks.

1. Where do I get the chinese developer ROM?
2. How do I flash this ROM? With fastboot method?
3. Is there yet a global ROM exisiting for the Redmi Pro and if where can I get it?

Thank you again!

First you have to unlock BL...
Go on en.miui.com -> unlock... There u must fill in form in which you need to write reason for unlockin BL...
After you get unlock approval (you really don't need to receive one, just try MI unlock tool 2-3 days after you send that req for unlocking BL)
U don't need to be on CHN Dev rom, i did the unlocking process with stable CHN rom which came preinstalled on my phone...
Then, after u unlock BL, you need to install TWRP via ADB, u have link for TWRP on this forum (also described how to install)...
And then u can install xiaomi.eu dev rom...

I hope this helped...

Cheers

Hi GoranCRO,

thanks for the short and clear explanation! I've done the unlock request and wait now for the response from Xiaomi.
The only thing is that I've found a lot of ROM download links but not the one for the Redmi Pro.

Best regards

First you have to unlock BL...
Go on en.miui.com -> unlock... There u must fill in form in which you need to write reason for unlockin BL...
After you get unlock approval (you really don't need to receive one, just try MI unlock tool 2-3 days after you send that req for unlocking BL)
U don't need to be on CHN Dev rom, i did the unlocking process with stable CHN rom which came preinstalled on my phone...
Then, after u unlock BL, you need to install TWRP via ADB, u have link for TWRP on this forum (also described how to install)...
And then u can install xiaomi.eu dev rom...

I hope this helped...

Cheers
bok koji rom podrzava nas jezik,hvala

Da ne bude da pricamo na "naski"... :D
Ovaj link gore sto sam stavio podrzava HR jezik... LP

The xiaomi.eu rom in link above support Croatian...
hvala ti,koji je način najlaksi za otkljucat ga,a treba da bi se stavio drugi rom

Pa jel citas gore??
Upravo sam liku napisao upute... :D

M8 read what's written in posts above... :D

Pa jel citas gore??
Upravo sam liku napisao upute... :D

M8 read what's written in posts above... :D
ok,jos me zanima kako da instaliran u mob.ovi twrp,znaci sa njim otkljucajem mob.i instaliram novi rom,netreba ici na xiaomi otkljucavanje

Hi,
thanks again for the informations here. I still have a question about the bootloader unlocking process. I've done the request on the Xiaomi site and got sent via SMS an verification code which I entered. There should be sent again an SMS by Xiaomi when the unlocking process is finished. Does the SIM card need to be in the Redmi Pro to this time? I am using another phone at the moment with all my apps. And I want to transfer them to the Redmi with Titanium Backup when the Redmi ist rooted. So until then I will not use the Redmi with my SIM card. Does the unlock process still work? Is it done over SMS or how does it work?

Best regards

Hi,
thanks again for the informations here. I still have a question ...... Best regards

Not necessary, because they unlocked your bootloader linking to your device's MI account.

They only use SMS to sent you the verification code.