Upgrade From Stable Xiaomi.eu V7.5.1.0.malcnde To V8.0.2.0.malcndg

Jaime DLH

Members
Aug 31, 2016
Hi all, I have xiaomi.eu STABLE V7.5.1.0.MALCNDE currently installed on my Redmi 3S, working great. I see that STABLE V8.0.2.0.MALCNDG has been released and available for downloading.

I installed my current version via TWRP, no problems. I want to install the new version; can I just install it via TWRP to update as if doing a OTA update? Do I need to wipe data or take any special precautions?

Thanks in advance,

Last edited:
Yea.. Just wipe data after update to stable as you do downgrade from weekly..

~Tapatalk Mi5~

Yea.. Just wipe data after update to stable as you do downgrade from weekly..

~Tapatalk Mi5~

Hi ingbrzy, thank you for your response!

Just to confirm, I *don't* have any weekly installed; I am now on stable V7.5.1.0.MALCNDE, so I would update from stable to stable. So, can I install stable V8.0.2.0.MALCNDG via TWRP and keep my data? (this is my wife's phone, so I'd prefer for her not to have to set everything up again :) )

Thanks,

Hi ingbrzy, thank you for your response!

Just to confirm, I *don't* have any weekly installed; I am now on stable V7.5.1.0.MALCNDE, so I would update from stable to stable. So, can I install stable V8.0.2.0.MALCNDG via TWRP and keep my data? (this is my wife's phone, so I'd prefer for her not to have to set everything up again :) )

Thanks,
I will give you very important advice at your life.. Don't touch your wife's phone!

I will give you very important advice at your life.. Don't touch your wife's phone!

Ha ha... Thanks man, but it's OK... I'm the sysadmin, so I do maintenance for all devices at home. This has always included her phone :)

So... What do you think? Can I do this update without wiping data?

Reactions: Stefano131270
Ha ha... Thanks man, but it's OK... I'm the sysadmin, so I do maintenance for all devices at home. This has always included her phone :)

So... What do you think? Can I do this update without wiping data?
yea should be ok...

Reactions: Stefano131270
Update: it worked just fine. TWRP apparently had some kind of error on the first flashing try, so I had to reflash TWRP and try again (of course, I had a full system backup in case anything went very wrong). After that, I reflashed the system, wiped cache and dalvik-cache, and rebooted. I have stable V8.0.2.0.MALCNDG running now, all OK, and got to keep my data.

Best regards!

Hi, I installed the stable V 8 from xiaomi.eu too.
Also in my case TWRP had some problems at first flash.
Fortunately the 3S could restart in recovery and second trial with TWRP was successful.
At reboot it took some 12 min.

Inviato dal mio Redmi 3S utilizzando Tapatalk

Hi, I installed the stable V 8 from xiaomi.eu too.
Also in my case TWRP had some problems at first flash.
Fortunately the 3S could restart in recovery and second trial with TWRP was successful.
At reboot it took some 12 min.

Inviato dal mio Redmi 3S utilizzando Tapatalk

Weird... It has some similarities to what happened to me, but I couldn't even enter recovery after the failed first flash; instead, I could enter Fastboot mode. From there, I reflashed TWRP and booted into the same TWRP image:

fastboot flash recovery twrp.img

and then

fastboot boot twrp.img

From there, I could get back on track :)