MIUI 8.2 6.8.25

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried to install this rom on my MiPad 1 but did not succeed so far.
I read about repartitioning, is that necessary? I have never changed something before.
Today I just downloaded this rom, and tried to install it with the updater app, but got stuck at 90%.
Can somebody help me out?
It's very simple, if ingbrzy wrote it is necessary, then you have to follow what he say.

sent from my Mi5

I thought he meant it was for people who changed partitions, they had to change it back to the original status, but maybe I misunderstood.

Hi at all. I've noticed that after the update to MIUI 8 is disappeared the option to disable apps (on MIUI 7 was possible). From official forum I've read this, so MIUI consider a feature this thing. I think that all want to be free to disable some apps. Is possible to enable this again on Xiaomi.eu rom without root? Thank you very much!

25c673a50af06dab1f0a88663093d488.jpg

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 3 utilizzando Tapatalk

Agree to disagree :)
Ok lets say apk has to be disabled... but is there a way to do something about all other (especially Google docs, drive... other cloud software etc.) aps that require Documents? Because these aps give you errors when they try to write data on your device...

Thanks
BTW: on china miui forum this is a known bug and is "officially" waiting to be fixed in upcoming releases... but it doesn't seem they are doing anything about it.
Xiaomi is not interested to do anything about this. So many releases already, week after week, months after months.

Since we have twrp/root, is it not possible to go to fix the scripts which disable documents app?

Hello, i had a 7.2.5 version installed and i have downloaded the V8.0.1.0.LAJCNDG. I did wipe dalvik and cache and flash the new version...

Now i can't acess to google store, gps don't works and its in english.

I want to install the multi language version, but the TWRP don't works....

Whats the difference between xiaomi.eu_multi_MI4s_6.8.25_v8-5.1 and xiaomi.eu_multi_MI4s_V8.0.1.0.LAJCNDG_v8-5.1???

Can you guys help me please?

Xiaomi is not interested to do anything about this. So many releases already, week after week, months after months.

Since we have twrp/root, is it not possible to go to fix the scripts which disable documents app?
I found that at command line I could execute this to enable documentsui

# pm enable com.android.documentsui

Now where to insert it is the question. I am thinking to peggyback on /init.supersu.rc, maybe that will work.

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

I found that at command line I could execute this to enable documentsui

# pm enable com.android.documentsui

Now where to insert it is the question. I am thinking to peggyback on /init.supersu.rc, maybe that will work.

Just unfreeze it with 3c toolbox, rom toolbox etc. grant permission and you can freeze the app again.

Just unfreeze it with 3c toolbox, rom toolbox etc. grant permission and you can freeze the app again.
I wanted to have something totally unattended.

Anyway I installed from play store universal init.d support and added the command in the script and grant auto-start permission and now it is automatically enabled upon reboot.

Enable the documents app. then go to settings -> developer options and disable miui optimisation.
It will keep the document app enabled on each reboot.
Miui "optimisation" is keeping the documents app disabled

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Meows
Hello, i had a 7.2.5 version installed and i have downloaded the V8.0.1.0.LAJCNDG. I did wipe dalvik and cache and flash the new version...

Now i can't acess to google store, gps don't works and its in english.

I want to install the multi language version, but the TWRP don't works....

Whats the difference between xiaomi.eu_multi_MI4s_6.8.25_v8-5.1 and xiaomi.eu_multi_MI4s_V8.0.1.0.LAJCNDG_v8-5.1???

Can you guys help me please?
In twrp, format data, system, cache and dalvik. Then flash the rom.zip and reboot.

Enable the documents app. then go to settings -> developer options and disable miui optimisation.
It will keep the document app enabled on each reboot.
Miui "optimisation" is keeping the documents app disabled

No use. After you disabled miui optimization, settings will crash/fc when you browse your google account settings.

http://en.miui.com/thread-326412-1-1.html

Last edited:
Cannot make scroll screenshot with "Current app doesn't support scrolling screenshots".
This happen with every application, don't want to try clean flash. Does anyone experience this or any workaround by clear some specific app data or this is a bug?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-08-31-12-38-37-144_com.facebook.katana.png
    Screenshot_2016-08-31-12-38-37-144_com.facebook.katana.png
    185.9 KB · Views: 344
Just use settings to browse your 'Other' account.

Happens to me 100%.

I know this is buggy for Mi Max and Mi 4 at least, but trust me, it never happened for me. I double checked now before replying

Told you so. Its also confirmed on miui forum bug report

The point is your suggested 'solution' is no use to me. It fixes one problem but creates a new problem.

The point is your suggested 'solution' is no use to me. It fixes one problem but creates a new problem.

True, though it is device specific.

Have you tried a kernel with init.d support maybe and put the enable comand in rc script

True, though it is device specific.

Have you tried a kernel with init.d support maybe and put the enable comand in rc script

Yes i tried and its working fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.