Xiaomi.eu Miui 8 6.8.25 Rom For Mipad 2

Have two questions :

Is there still need to delete whetstone folder prior flashing the Rom?

Is finally multitasking working on 8 Rom?

Play Store are force closing.

When i do a Wipe, then install Miui 8 throught TWRP and the newest OPen Gapps (x86_64 -> 5.1 -> pico), i got the old First time wizard and cannot continue selecting the Language, because its force closing

When i do a wipe, install miui 8 and do a System boot, i have the new Miui 8 First Time Wizard

When i reboot in TWRP and install the open Gapps, PLay Store are Force Closing

Solved it using this command in fastboot "fastboot format data" and Update the Webview apk

So we need to flash rom and then boot followed by a reboot and flash Gapps and all should work fine??

We are using the last MIUI 7 rom from this site and wish to move to Miui 8...

Is this pre rooted or do we need to flash superuser files as well?

Fresh new install, rom seems smooth but not enought, and some games still laggy (slow) performance, is it just me ?

I installed 6.8.25 and gapps are still present but if i install supersu (2.46 or 2.76) with twrp it does not work. Why? Any solution?
Thanks.
I have the same problem. Tried it more than 5 times with 2.46, 2.76 and the new 2.77 version. Nothing works. I have done this many times on my mi5 and everytime it works great but not on my mipad2. Solutions?

i'm on miui.EU 8.25 , super su 2.46 flashed with twrp, work great... now i have a super su update on gplay but, need to update or not ?

I have just flashed this rom again last night and looks like Gapps is included now? Since I wiped all (sytem, cache, data etc.) before flashing and I was pleasantly surprised I could add my google account during 1st setup. No need to format data/update webview, play store is working flawlessly "out-of-the-box".

Last edited:
Installed this ROM and liked it!

Installed ROM with TWRP, tried the wizard, failed to setup google account, skiped this part. Installed latest version of webview apk and I was able to setup google account/store. Work great.

Tried to install SuperSU-v2.78 and is definitely not working. Went do developer options, enable oem unlock. Boot to fastboot, done "fastboot oem unlock" with sucess. Boot to TWRP, installed SuperSU-v2.78.zip. Reboot and got stuck at MI logo...

Hello,
I will be ordering the Xiaomi Mi Pad 2 for my wife as a present?
Is this the most stable ROM? Or should I just OTA update out of the box.
Thanks!

Hello,
I will be ordering the Xiaomi Mi Pad 2 for my wife as a present?
Is this the most stable ROM? Or should I just OTA update out of the box.
Thanks!
Where did you buy it? Some shops install unofficial rom, in this case you must flash xiaomi official china rom, and then you can unlock bootlader and install twrp, and then all rom from xiaomi eu are installable, stable or dev

Inviato dal mio PLK-L01 utilizzando Tapatalk

Does anyone know why the icons from Google (play, chrome etc,) are Small size on mipad2 wherin on my mi5 they are same size as the rest?

Where did you buy it? Some shops install unofficial rom, in this case you must flash xiaomi official china rom, and then you can unlock bootlader and install twrp, and then all rom from xiaomi eu are installable, stable or dev

I ordered it from the Official Xiaomi Store on Aliexpress (should be the Android version)
aliexpress[DOT]com/item/Original-Xiaomi-Mipad-2-Mi-Pad-2-Tablet-PC-MIUI-windows-10-7-9-Intel-Atom/32675832413.html

I ordered it from the Official Xiaomi Store on Aliexpress (should be the Android version)
aliexpress[DOT]com/item/Original-Xiaomi-Mipad-2-Mi-Pad-2-Tablet-PC-MIUI-windows-10-7-9-Intel-Atom/32675832413.html
In the link there is the windows version, anyway it's possible, with a bit of work, to make tablet android or windows as you like, there is a guide in miui.com forum

In the link there is the windows version, anyway it's possible, with a bit of work, to make tablet android or windows as you like, there is a guide in miui.com forum

In the description it says Android 5.1