New Sms And Call Log Are Not Restored From Mi Cloud

huoc77

Members
Jan 9, 2016
Mi3W 6.7.21
In Mi Cloud app the error message is:
Couldn't get info about sync progress. Can't confirm if sync is complete for some services.
When I click "View details":
there are two items: Messages and Call history.
Couldn't get info about sync progress.
Sync now is greyed out.

Based on forum posts others have encountered this as well (for Mi3 and Mi5).
Thank you.

Finally, the solution was give by KcNirvana. We just need to add permission to miCloud for SMS and Call. I don't understand why it doesn't have these permissions directly.

Reactions: cicileo
Thank you!
For everyone encountering the same issue you have to give the permissions as said above, but you will not find MiCloud among the apps until you turn on "show system apps" in the settings in the upper right corner.
Thanks again.

Reactions: cicileo
I have the same problem.. I am using EU dev ROM 6.8.11.

But when I go to Settings > System apps > Mi Cloud, I dont see any option where I could add permission for SMS and call? When I go there, it simply takes me to the Mi Cloud "sync progress page". Can someone help? Is it maybe because I frozen some system apps?

I have the same problem.. I am using EU dev ROM 6.8.11.

But when I go to Settings > System apps > Mi Cloud, I dont see any option where I could add permission for SMS and call? When I go there, it simply takes me to the Mi Cloud "sync progress page". Can someone help? Is it maybe because I frozen some system apps?
I had same problem with you, ok let's try this procedure.

1. Go to "Security" app on home screen
2. Permissions
3. Permissions (again)
4. On the list of many items, enter to "Phone"
5. Click "..." On the upper right of screen and then enable "show system"
"Mi cloud" will be showed on the list then check to grant phone permission to mi cloud.
6. Step back on step 4 do it again on "SMS"
7. Restart your device.

Finally, your call history and sms will be synced.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Thx for your help, but when I go to Security > Permissions > Permissions, there is no Phone on the list, SMS neither. There are no system apps on that list :/

Thx for your help, but when I go to Security > Permissions > Permissions, there is no Phone on the list, SMS neither. There are no system apps on that list :/
After go to 2nd Permissions, your screen should be same as this.
30b3096ed8724a76f498bf7b3e821352.jpg

There are both phone and sms items.
Ps. Miui 8.0.3 stable

Unfortunately, I dont have that kind of options :/ When I go to Security > Permissions > Permissions, this is what I see (I have Xiaomi Mi4c):

Vbn0psb.png

And when I switch to Permissions in that upper tab, I see this:

GHTqR9O.png

What is your current miui version? Possibly, different version different location. Let's me see your screen after go into "sms and mms" and "calls and contacts"

Pls show me the screen after go to service sms
I think your current location is the right place to config. it's only different interface

Different interface according to android version.
Mi5 based on ver6.0

I have entered all these additional options in SMS&MMS/Calls and contacts but in any of these I didnt see Mi Cloud, there are only installed apps, not the system ones :/

I tried alternative way, I went to Settings > Installed apps > Mi Cloud, but when I get there, Permission manager is for some reason greyed out (maybe that is why I cannot see Mi Cloud in Security > Permissions):

RonVNeW.png

I will ask my friends in Thailand Miui community forum. Anyone using mi4c could give some solution.

Reactions: Mr.Tokich
I had same problem with you, ok let's try this procedure.

1. Go to "Security" app on home screen
2. Permissions
3. Permissions (again)
4. On the list of many items, enter to "Phone"
5. Click "..." On the upper right of screen and then enable "show system"
"Mi cloud" will be showed on the list then check to grant phone permission to mi cloud.
6. Step back on step 4 do it again on "SMS"
7. Restart your device.

Finally, your call history and sms will be synced.

Works perfectly , for MI3w

OK - There is only one WORKING SOLUTION for me...

I revert to MIUI 7.3.30 - the last working synchronization with MiCloud for SMS and Call History. I start to synchronize date from MiCloud and everything works OK
Than.... i upgrade to MIUI 7.4.13 with clean cache and dalvik -> About phone -> System updates -> Choose update package

And IT works.... :)

Reactions: MASTERMAT
OK - There is only one WORKING SOLUTION for me...

I revert to MIUI 7.3.30 - the last working synchronization with MiCloud for SMS and Call History. I start to synchronize date from MiCloud and everything works OK
Than.... i upgrade to MIUI 7.4.13 with clean cache and dalvik -> About phone -> System updates -> Choose update package

And IT works.... :)

good one, it works for me.