Mi4 Lte Ramdom Reboots [with Logs]

4 days no reboots yet
Ok, we both let it run then . BTW, I am running 6.8.30+zeurion kernel,I will not update until I have a reboot.

Question to all, in your opinion could we use Ivan s rom kernel with miui8?

Envoyé de mon MI 4W en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited:
Ok, we both let it run then . BTW, I am running 6.8.30+zeurion kernel,I will not update until I have a reboot.

Question to all, in your opinion could we use Ivan s rom kernel with miui8?

It probably won't work due to different modules, wifi, bluetooth, etc, and ramdisk.

You can try but you'll need to unpack Ivan's boot.img and use just the zimage (kernel), then do the same with 6.8.30's boot image, copy over Ivan's zimage to overwrite 6.8.30's, then repack.

You can do it all with this tool:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3638835&d=1454959265

Thanks, but will continue zeurion kernel test, as others do relay me on wake lock app. Beta team still report reboots by the way and also users with fresh global 8.0.2, as a no surprise...

Root... Flashify.. Save current... Generate twrp to flash new... And go. Visible after on about phone.
Then I used kernel adaptor to disable wake double tap as recommended. No reboot since 30 minutes

For now I'll leave it as is

888a8d77520f15add0220804c876b424.jpg

Enviado desde mi MI 4LTE mediante Tapatalk

Did you try ZeurionX kernel?
Thanks I will try that with the next test. For now I'm gonna try the method I mentioned first as I don't want to bother gf too much with testing :)

Keeping fingers crossed that you guys are on to something with this kernel!

Reactions: jc rey
Zeurion kernel seems to drain battery much faster. Any recommended stuff for it through kernel adiutor?

Zeurion kernel seems to drain battery much faster. Any recommended stuff for it through kernel adiutor?

Have you disabled wifi for location? May be the famous wifi bug...

If I'm honest I don't even have this phone anymore, I sold it and moved to the Mi4C, the information about this kernel is from the Spanish forum, the Mi4's reboots are world famous.

I would tweak governor settings and min/max cpu clock speed to see if it brings down the battery drain.

You did turn off double tap to wake and the 2 sweep options? and set to apply on boot?

Last edited:
10 days without reboots

ad4e01ae5eed7c98eec408c1dd4d50e7.jpg

I think i will give a try.
I'm on KK dual partition, i'll have to flash via fastboot to merge the partitions, right?
Should i flash the Stable or Developer? China or Global?

Thks

Bros can you guide me how to use Wake Lock Power Manager? Which the best option should i choose to prevent auto reboot isssue?

attachment.php

thankss.

Thank bro, my fone has juz rebooted again lol, so let me track this option~~
OK, so thanks to update us on wake lock effect. Also pay attention to put it in auto start and keep it active. With that setting, I did not notice battery drain.

With the KK persist I only had 1 reboot in 15 days...

Inviato dal mio MI 4LTE utilizzando Tapatalk

OK, so thanks to update us on wake lock effect. Also pay attention to put it in auto start and keep it active. With that setting, I did not notice battery drain.
Yay i set auto start and lock app in multitasks menu so it's always on. Let's see if it works.

Reactions: jc rey
People with wakelock app installe, can you see on batery usage graph if doze mode us running?

c1f55ee6304532635ffd0fefcfb9d951.jpg

I also unite myself to this struggle against reboots haha , miui 8 eu 3 restarts within 8-9 days while on standby , now I'm trying to use it with energy savings of " advanced" let's see , uptime 2h