Buy Xiaomi Mi Note Pro

escorpia

Members
Jul 1, 2016
Hello everybody,

two months ago, I bought a Xiaomi Mi Note Pro for my girlfriend in AliExpress...

unfortunately, the phone never arrived to Barcelona :(

AliExpress will refund me all the money.

But my question is: Do you know why I can not find this phone in all AliExpress? (it seems that it is sold out).

Where can I buy this phone at a good price? Two monts ago I paid 191 €.

Thank you for your help,

escorpia

I'm a user of Mi Note Pro
My advise is do not buy it
It's beautiful, it's fast but it lacks fingerprint unlock & double tap to wake
You can only wake the phone by using the power button / volume button
This is the age of fingerprint unlock

Wait for a few more months for Mi Note 2

Thank you for your reply.

I agree with you but I need to buy now... so, which is your suggestion? Redmi pro? Redmi Note 4? Any other suggestion?

Thank you,

escorpia

Get the Mi5 as SD820 is stable. I use to have the Mi Note Pro, my wife still does, and the SD810 just gets very hot far too easily. Throttling at that point is so severe that it makes is slower than even the standard "Redmi" Note 2. They stopped selling them in China a few months ago.

Otherwise wait for the Mi Note 2 Pro or Mi5s due out in another week. Both these phones are going to be incredible, especially the Note 2 Pro.

Sent from my MI NOTE LTE using Tapatalk

I use to have the Mi Note Pro, my wife still does, and the SD810 just gets very hot far too easily. Throttling at that point is so severe that it makes is slower than even the standard "Redmi" Note 2.
I'm sorry, but I'm not totally agree with you.
My Mi Note Pro doesn't get so hot, my previously Redmi Note 2 get hot more than this Mi Note Pro. I think you have a ROM not the best for your phone. I use sMiui or xiaomu.eu's ROMs and I haven't this problems with temperatures.
This is the best phone I've ever had. Fast, thin, stable, and so powerful.
At that price (191$) i think it's a best buy.
I know, it's a 2015 smartphone, without those useless features like fingerprint. But it does his work, and it does it fast.
At that price, buy it!

My Mi Note Pro doesn't get so hot, my previously Redmi Note 2 get hot more than this Mi Note Pro. I think you have a ROM not the best for your phone. I use sMiui or xiaomu.eu's ROMs and I haven't this problems with temperatures.
I know, it's a 2015 smartphone, without those useless features like fingerprint. But it does his work, and it does it fast.
At that price, buy it!

The problem is that now, after 2 months, I can not find again the Mi Note Pro, it seems that it is sold out. If I found it... I would buy it. I am really happy with this phone.

It gets hot, but not too much (I have a xiaomi.eu rom).

What about Redmi Pro? Somebody already has it? It seems really nice. Any opinions?

Thank you very much to everybody for your help!

Go for Mi Max
Your GF will love the huge screen & huge battery

It's a bit awkward at first holding a 6.44 inch phone in your hand, but after some time, she will get used to it
Unless your girlfriend has really small hands, then the Redmi Note 3 Pro is the way to go

Bought my GF Mi Max, previously she was using Samsung Galaxy Note 3
She first complained about the huge phone, I forced her to try the phone for 2 days, keeping her Galaxy Note 3 with me
After 2 days, she doesn't want to let go of her phone, I asked her if she wants her Galaxy Note 3 back, she doesn't want it anymore

At that price, buy it!
Yeah I only run Xiaomi.eu firmware since I began using Xiaomi at Mi3. I'll test my wife's mobile when she's home tonight. The test is simple, run Geekbench, 3-5 times repetitively taking note of the score each time. The Mi Note Pro drops off massively, way below the Redmi Note 2's score which remains quite stable in the same test. You can keep CPU Z in the background and switch to it during the test. Watch the Pro die shutting off cores like no other Xiaomi phone.

If they have finally fixed this that's amazing.. If you still want the Pro my wife's one is going to be up for sale, it's as new.

Yeah I only run Xiaomi.eu firmware since I began using Xiaomi at Mi3. I'll test my wife's mobile when she's home tonight. The test is simple, run Geekbench, 3-5 times repetitively taking note of the score each time. The Mi Note Pro drops off massively, way below the Redmi Note 2's score which remains quite stable in the same test. You can keep CPU Z in the background and switch to it during the test. Watch the Pro die shutting off cores like no other Xiaomi phone.

If they have finally fixed this that's amazing.. If you still want the Pro my wife's one is going to be up for sale, it's as new.

Yes, I've dove these tests.
But the performance of the Mi Note Pro goes down less than all my previous phones.
With my previously Redmi Note 2 Prime I've had frequent "hot issues": after 2-3 geek bench tests, the performance goes down. It became hot more than Mi Note Pro. With Zopo ZP999 was the same.
I was never gone in termal throttling mode with Mi Note Pro. With RMN2P and ZP999 thermal throttling was more frequent.
I feel hot the cpu only with gaming, but I don't have had performance issues caused by temperature.

Don't bother with Xiaomi at all.
Good phone/phones. But they don't care about Roms, Android versions after that.
Now most of devices have 7.0 we are still on 5.1.1. Go Apple Samaung Nexus w/e.

For sure next time. I stop with Xiaomi.
And consider that Xiaomi is born from a rom, Miui, which should be the base for which the phone is made. But now they are thinking only to sell new device, not considering the older they made. And this is particullary powerfull...So this will my last Xiaomi phone.

Inviato dal mio MI NOTE Pro utilizzando Tapatalk
Me to, I think that the next phone for me will be a nexus or oneplus phone, becouse android 5.1 for me it´s to old and this show us the preocupation by miui for update all android phones.

I don't think android 5.1, 6 or 7 will made Mi Note Pro better or not.
It's a good Phone, with a great hardware, wonderful display, a great audio section, etc.
It was an unfortunate phone, perhaps because of rumors about the overheating of the CPU (I've never had overheating of my Mi Note Pro).
They have sold a few and Xiaomi does not intend to develop other ROMs.
The positive side is that the price has dropped a lot: for 200€ it's a great smartphone.