MIUI 8.2 6.9.22

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
New toggles grid is a cancer, phone heats up everywhere extremely fast and drains battery almost instantly.

yes i had it officially unlocked. also had some weekly roms installed already, so not sure what is happening now (and worse not sure how to get the phone back running)
Bootloader got locked in android 5 to 6 upgrade. You just had to unlock it again. In your case, i would go for the solution npdeep recomended:
1. From fastboot boot into edl. google it
2.then from edl flash china developer rom
3.Unlock
4.Flash twrp
5.flash any ROM now
(Copy from npdeep post)

Hi everyone. After installing 6.9.19 on my Mi5 I was not able to play videos or download anything from PLay Store via home Wi-Fi. Data and open wi-fi networks worked great. Can someone help me fix this issue?
Thank you.

I have mi5 and a close case. In previous version when i was opening the front of the case the screen woke up. Now this dont happend. Anyone know whats has changed? Or anyone has similar problems?
Do you have it activated on settings? Not sure where but I saw that option somewhere.
Btw, what can you say about general performance? and Wifi strength on that new rom?

Hi everyone. After installing 6.9.19 on my Mi5 I was not able to play videos or download anything from PLay Store via home Wi-Fi. Data and open wi-fi networks worked great. Can someone help me fix this issue?
Thank you.
Well I gave up on that update, the phone was just laggy as hell. I still on 6.9.8. But, this thread is for 6.9.22, try it and see if it fixes your problem.

I have mi5 and a close case. In previous version when i was opening the front of the case the screen woke up. Now this dont happend. Anyone know whats has changed? Or anyone has similar problems?

Just enable Smart Cover option in settings> Lock screen & Password>Smart Cover

This function is a bit buggy because after every reboot Smart Cover will be disabled, so you have to enable it again manually after every reboot. Will be fixed next release hopefully.

Not sure what happened, but managed to get at least the redmi note 3 working. All Data gone however @#(*$@#*($_@$
Took a while to get EDL running, but now running on Stable Global.
BIzarre that my unlocked phone is now locked again

Will definitely make a complete backup to my laptop next time, twrp backup is also gone.
Bootloader got locked in android 5 to 6 upgrade. You just had to unlock it again. In your case, i would go for the solution npdeep recomended:
1. From fastboot boot into edl. google it
2.then from edl flash china developer rom
3.Unlock
4.Flash twrp
5.flash any ROM now
(Copy from npdeep post)

Finally decided to upgrade from 5.1 to 6. Flashed over previous version, cleaned cache and dalvik and the results:

Everything works so far.
Bootloader locked.
TWRP still installed.
Had to input fingerprints again, password was kept.
For SIM2 i had to search manually for network but i think would of registered eventually if i had waited longer. On the plus side now both sims work in 3G at the same time or 4G the one for data and 3G the other one :)

Pretty happy i did not have to reinstall everything again.

help...anyway i can get the fastboot rom for Redmi Pro? ^^
You'll need to be more precise. What you did and what procedure you followed. Try not to write one sentence, be detailed if you wish to someone help you.

Sent from my 2014813 using Tapatalk

You'll need to be more precise. What you did and what procedure you followed. Try not to write one sentence, be detailed if you wish to someone help you.

I may have messed up a bit in here...
1. I unlocked the bootloader through the xiaomi website process / miflash unlock - all OK
2. tried using the "Update" app to change the base ROM, it couldn't verify package, so i tried troubleshooting with threads i've read, changing the file name to update.zip and them moving it on to the root - same issue
3. tried with XiaoMiFlash.exe to flash the file, get error of "can't find .bat" (this is why i was asking fastboot rom, if there is)
4. installed TWRP via fastboot, rebooted to TWRP and changed language to EN so i could read it ^^
5. can't find the update.zip i had on the root so i can't install it in TWRP
problems:
- I didn't activate USB debug..
- I was searching if i could push a file via fastboot to the cellphone, so i could try and Install it via TWRP
- can't boot to OS, so i can't connect to PC to put the file in another directory..or don't know how :)

thanks a bunch for the short (edit: short-timed) answer

I may have messed up a bit in here...
1. I unlocked the bootloader through the xiaomi website process / miflash unlock - all OK
2. tried using the "Update" app to change the base ROM, it couldn't verify package, so i tried troubleshooting with threads i've read, changing the file name to update.zip and them moving it on to the root - same issue
3. tried with XiaoMiFlash.exe to flash the file, get error of "can't find .bat" (this is why i was asking fastboot rom, if there is)
4. installed TWRP via fastboot, rebooted to TWRP and changed language to EN so i could read it ^^
5. can't find the update.zip i had on the root so i can't install it in TWRP
problems:
- I didn't activate USB debug..
- I was searching if i could push a file via fastboot to the cellphone, so i could try and Install it via TWRP
- can't boot to OS, so i can't connect to PC to put the file in another directory..or don't know how :)

thanks a bunch for the short (edit: short-timed) answer

u need to update rom via twrp, u cant use default updater application.
since u cant put the update.zip into ur sdcard or internal storage, go to TWRP menu, choose advanced, choose adb sideload, then connect ur devices into pc, put update.zip in the same directory as adb binary (u cant google for minimal adb and fastboot), then execute this command in ur adb directory (on pc):
Code:
adb sideload update.zip
dont forget u need to wipe dalvik cache after first install(I'm not sure exactly if u need to wipe ur data also)

note : have u check the select storage in twrp install menu?

Last edited:
How is the charging speed, can u pls tell Ampere value..

Hi,

Please take a look at the attached two screenshots.

Hope they're useful.

Regards and thank you.

-aurocha
ampere_usb.png
ampere_usbstock_charger.png

since u cant put the update.zip into ur sdcard or internal storage, go to TWRP menu, choose advanced, choose adb sideload, then connect ur devices into pc, put update.zip in the same directory as adb binary (u cant google for minimal adb and fastboot), then execute this command in ur adb directory (on pc):
Code:
adb sideload update.zip
dont forget u need to wipe dalvik cache after first install(I'm not sure exactly if u need to wipe ur data also)

You sir are a lifesaver :)

I checked the storage and tried to mount whatever there was there, browsed all dirs and didn't find anything

After the "adb sideload update.zip", rebooted and i'm waiting for OS to come up :)
(already had installed the minimal adb and fastboot)

Thank you very much!!

Reactions: severica25
I did clean install...
If you used any kind of backup xiaomi, titanium etc, reinstall apps which chrashes from Google Playstore. If still crashes post a log.

Man, i just used miflash for restore the china dev. After this, flashed TWRP and latest Xiaomi.EU rom
I have ramndom app crash, before google play service, after cache delete, now is e-mail...

java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to instantiate application com.kingsoft.email.EmailApplication2: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Didn't find class "com.kingsoft.email.EmailApplication2" on path: DexPathList[[zip file "/system/app/Email/Email.apk"],nativeLibraryDirectories=[/vendor/lib64, /system/lib64]]
at android.app.LoadedApk.makeApplication(LoadedApk.java)
at android.app.ActivityThread.handleBindApplication(ActivityThread.java)
at android.app.ActivityThread.access$1500(ActivityThread.java)
at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:372)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Didn't find class "com.kingsoft.email.EmailApplication2" on path: DexPathList[[zip file "/system/app/Email/Email.apk"],nativeLibraryDirectories=[/vendor/lib64, /system/lib64]]
at dalvik.system.BaseDexClassLoader.findClass(BaseDexClassLoader.java:56)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:511)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:469)
at android.app.Instrumentation.newApplication(Instrumentation.java)
... 11 more
Suppressed: java.io.IOException: Failure to verify dex file '/system/app/Email/Email.apk': Bad checksum (d0ee24ca, expected 49581d04)
at dalvik.system.DexFile.openDexFileNative(Native Method)
at dalvik.system.DexFile.openDexFile(DexFile.java:295)
at dalvik.system.DexFile.<init>(DexFile.java:80)
at dalvik.system.DexFile.<init>(DexFile.java:59)
at dalvik.system.DexPathList.loadDexFile(DexPathList.java:262)
at dalvik.system.DexPathList.makeDexElements(DexPathList.java:231)
at dalvik.system.DexPathList.<init>(DexPathList.java:109)
at dalvik.system.BaseDexClassLoader.<init>(BaseDexClassLoader.java:48)
at dalvik.system.PathClassLoader.<init>(PathClassLoader.java:65)
at android.app.ApplicationLoaders.getClassLoader(ApplicationLoaders.java)
at android.app.LoadedApk.getClassLoader(LoadedApk.java)
... 11 more
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Failed to open file '/data/dalvik-cache/arm64/system@app@Email@Email.apk@classes.dex': Permission denied
... 22 more
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Failed to open oat file from dex location '/system/app/Email/Email.apk'
... 22 more
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Failed to open oat file from /system/app/Email/arm64/Email.odex (error Failed to open oat filename for reading: No such file or directory) (no dalvik_cache availible) and relocation failed.
... 22 more
Caused by: java.io.IOException:
... 22 more
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Failed to remove obsolete file from /data/dalvik-cache/arm64/system@app@Email@Email.apk@classes.dex when searching for dex file /system/app/Email/Email.apk: Permission denied
... 22 more
Suppressed: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.kingsoft.email.EmailApplication2
at java.lang.Class.classForName(Native Method)
at java.lang.BootClassLoader.findClass(ClassLoader.java:781)
at java.lang.BootClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:841)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:504)
... 13 more
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Class not found using the boot class loader; no stack available

Of course not.. It's not battery friendly and user can unlock it in pocket..
So DIY if you want..

@ingbrzy - I've found this in xda, can you include this into xiaomi.eu?

The step will enable fingerprint wakeup while screen off. Only tested with Mi5, though.
Unfortunately, setting lost every reboot.

adb shell
su
echo 1 > /sys/devices/soc/soc\:fpc_fpc1020/enable_wakeup

I'm using this and it doesn't drain battery or wake up the screen in pockets.

Do you have it activated on settings? Not sure where but I saw that option somewhere.
Btw, what can you say about general performance? and Wifi strength on that new rom?
The answer is in the second quote. General performance is good. Its better then the last one. Before Yotube app shuted down after 3 minutes. Didnt know why.. now it works ok. Wifi is ok. didnt notice any difference.
Just enable Smart Cover option in settings> Lock screen & Password>Smart Cover

This function is a bit buggy because after every reboot Smart Cover will be disabled, so you have to enable it again manually after every reboot. Will be fixed next release hopefully.
Amazing thank you. Great, got it sorted and im waiting for next update.

Code:
adb sideload update.zip

Straight and precise info to solve someone issue. :)

Reactions: Laker
I did clean install...

Man, i just used miflash for restore the china dev. After this, flashed TWRP and latest Xiaomi.EU rom
I have ramndom app crash, before google play service, after cache delete, now is e-mail...

java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to instantiate application com.kingsoft.email.EmailApplication2: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Didn't find class "com.kingsoft.email.EmailApplication2" on path: DexPathList[[zip file "/system/app/Email/Email.apk"],nativeLibraryDirectories=[/vendor/lib64, /system/lib64]]
at android.app.LoadedApk.makeApplication(LoadedApk.java)
at android.app.ActivityThread.handleBindApplication(ActivityThread.java)
at android.app.ActivityThread.access$1500(ActivityThread.java)
at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:372)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Didn't find class "com.kingsoft.email.EmailApplication2" on path: DexPathList[[zip file "/system/app/Email/Email.apk"],nativeLibraryDirectories=[/vendor/lib64, /system/lib64]]
at dalvik.system.BaseDexClassLoader.findClass(BaseDexClassLoader.java:56)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:511)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:469)
at android.app.Instrumentation.newApplication(Instrumentation.java)
... 11 more
Suppressed: java.io.IOException: Failure to verify dex file '/system/app/Email/Email.apk': Bad checksum (d0ee24ca, expected 49581d04)
at dalvik.system.DexFile.openDexFileNative(Native Method)
at dalvik.system.DexFile.openDexFile(DexFile.java:295)
at dalvik.system.DexFile.<init>(DexFile.java:80)
at dalvik.system.DexFile.<init>(DexFile.java:59)
at dalvik.system.DexPathList.loadDexFile(DexPathList.java:262)
at dalvik.system.DexPathList.makeDexElements(DexPathList.java:231)
at dalvik.system.DexPathList.<init>(DexPathList.java:109)
at dalvik.system.BaseDexClassLoader.<init>(BaseDexClassLoader.java:48)
at dalvik.system.PathClassLoader.<init>(PathClassLoader.java:65)
at android.app.ApplicationLoaders.getClassLoader(ApplicationLoaders.java)
at android.app.LoadedApk.getClassLoader(LoadedApk.java)
... 11 more
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Failed to open file '/data/dalvik-cache/arm64/system@app@Email@Email.apk@classes.dex': Permission denied
... 22 more
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Failed to open oat file from dex location '/system/app/Email/Email.apk'
... 22 more
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Failed to open oat file from /system/app/Email/arm64/Email.odex (error Failed to open oat filename for reading: No such file or directory) (no dalvik_cache availible) and relocation failed.
... 22 more
Caused by: java.io.IOException:
... 22 more
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Failed to remove obsolete file from /data/dalvik-cache/arm64/system@app@Email@Email.apk@classes.dex when searching for dex file /system/app/Email/Email.apk: Permission denied
... 22 more
Suppressed: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.kingsoft.email.EmailApplication2
at java.lang.Class.classForName(Native Method)
at java.lang.BootClassLoader.findClass(ClassLoader.java:781)
at java.lang.BootClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:841)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:504)
... 13 more
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Class not found using the boot class loader; no stack available
You'll need to flash again. Try also to wipe data/factory reset in twrp. Don't restore private data and apps/settings if you have made backup(through xiaomi local or cloud, or through titanium) . First check if rom works without issue, then if neded restore files/apps.

To be sure redownload rom again and make check that it isn't corrupted zip.

Last edited:
Hello, google now on tap on my RMN3P is greyed out. Cant turn it On. Running latest xiaomi.eu rom. On Previous version i could turn it on but it was not working. What to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.