Installing Xiaomi.eu Rom On Mi4s (vendor Rom)

All ok, only miui 8 rom, is a zip file.
Remember, when You update twrp, tell You what flashed, recovery flash, ok?
Sorry for my english

Enviado desde mi MI 4S mediante Tapatalk

Miui 7 very long battery use than miui 8. Miui 8 is more beatifull.
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=18823
Here You are all The roms, stables, developer, miui 7.5, miui 8. Only not working 6.9.22 weekly.
You should to do a backup from twrp before change The rom. Because failled, You can restore your backup

Reactions: F4bri
I'm Happy for you managed to change the rom. I think as a Spanish, and there are difficult to translate expressions

Don't worry i'm italian, i doesn't speak a great english and i'm more near to your expression than english. I couldn't done without your help. Now i'm downloading last twrp and MIUI 7.5. I'll update the twrp , then do a backup of 7.2 then install 7.5.; or i should do the backup before to upda the twrp?
I think i'll use 7.5 for a while for best battery life.

Behind You update twrp and before You update The rom of 7.2.5.0 to that You want miui 7.5 or 8

OK, i'm trying to update twrp i'll let you know if i'm stuck because don't really understand what to do.

when you want to change to a new rom, the downloads to the phone, reboot into recovery mode, and before installing the new ROM, make a backup of you have, if you have to recover rom or because you fail the new, or because you do not like how it works. TWRP 3.0.2.0 recognizes the micro sd

TWRP update done. I don't have SD, this phone has enough space withouth sd.
Now i'm going to install the new ROM.

Again, thank you

Last edited:
Reactions: Santigt
Can this still be trusted?
Is this method OK?

I have a Mi4S on 8.02 stable, but I have serious issues with it.
No notifications are coming and the phone is unusable because of it.
Everything worked perfectly on 7.XX.
Can I follow this tutorial to downgrade to 7.XX?
Where can I find all the ROMS?

you can flash from the start by fastboot with this tutorial
http://en.miui.com/thread-251450-1-1.html ,
But you have given permission and autostart settings, battery life and performance, application management, saving battery canceled for all those applications that need notification. I have miui 8 and I have no such problems
d904522e7a63d5bc8128d07d9ec7a564.jpg

bacb10188d8a433059f49908653d1e84.jpg

Thank you for your response.
I have already tried that and it didn't help.
I tried locking apps into memory and that helped to some degree, but most apps still don't work.

Santigt, have you done the procedure in the link?
Do you know it works?
I have a Mi4S bought from Xiaomi official store, and I'm not sure if i have to (I can) unlock the bootloader with their official software from their page?
Is there a chance I will damage my phone with this?
I have never done this kind of stuff before so I'm unsure about this all.

I was the procedure followed to put a rom multilanguage in my my 4s. even I had to repeat because a rom miui 8 gave me problems. As in all methods of flashing there is always a risk. but this tutorial is very simple. if you are concerned you can unlock bootloader officially ask and consult the forum miu.com if you can do downgrade to a lower version. your rom has updated the ota?

Reactions: Cubelaster
http://en.miui.com/a-234.html
here is the official procedure for fastboot flash a ROM with download link of the rom. but I have to have unlocked bootloader, and I suppose all flash mark in the miflash program to remove all traces of other versions

Whoa! Thank you a lot!
This is really helpful!
The official procedure seems easy and simple and pretty safe.

I also want to install Multilanguage.
But I would want a 7.53 version of Multilanguage.
I don't know where to search for that.
And I suppose I would have to follow the flash procedure? The first one you mentioned? Unofficial one.

the official method and the other are almost identical, the difference in the official have to ask permission to unlock the bootloader, and then install a rom for fastboot. the unofficial you put the phone in EDL mode and only a rom for fastboot flash it already opens the bootloader

the official method and the other are almost identical, the difference in the official have to ask permission to unlock the bootloader, and then install a rom for fastboot. the unofficial you put the phone in EDL mode and only a rom for fastboot flash it already opens the bootloader

Hello, my mi4s is about to arrive and i think the bootloader is locked. So i want to unlock it with fastboot. The official way. First ask Xiaomi permission. Then i will receive a message with permission. And then what to do? Turn phone off and open fastboot ( volume- / power)?
What are the next steps for unlocking?

I unlocked a device last year, but i forgot, sorry.

When it's unlocked i install twrp on the internal storage (via usb with laptop) and extract it on the phone. Then i will wipe data, cache and dalvik. After that i will install the latest dev rom. Right?

Can you let me know how to unlock exactly and if the rest is right?

Thanks,
Alex

http://en.miui.com/a-234.html here You are all You need. In The step one also have The link for unlock bootloader
89be4d336cb990aa9193725c65d55ada.jpg

You want official rom, or multilenguaje rom. If You want The first, then You need The link i say up
But if You want The second option, then You need This method
http://en.miui.com/thread-251450-1-1.html or
http://www.wizytechs.com/2016/03/how-to-unlock-xiaomi-mi4s-bootloader.html?m=1
In these yo don't need unblocked bootloader by official method. The rom unblocked automatic The bootloader

Last edited:
Thank you, i will first unlock the bootloader with the link.
So no super su for me. Never used that before.
Install twrp en the miui rom.

I will let you know if i succeeded.

But the mi4s has not arrived yet ;-))
I think in 2 weeks.

Thanks

Reactions: Santigt
If You flash official rom or updater your official rom by ota i think You lose twrp

Hi there, I got my mi4s today. I aksed Xiaomi permission to unlock. I got the needed message. Signed in to my Mi account and added the mi4s. Installed and run the unlock tool. Started the mi4s in fastboot and connected it to my pc. Run the app, but it is stuck at 50% and did not succeed the unlock procedure. The mi4s is not being recognized (?). I went to FAQ and read that unlocking is not possible when there's a global stable rom in the device. My mi4s runs on MIUI Global 7.5 Stable (7.5.3.0.0 (LAJCNDD). I read that i have to install the global dev rom. So i treid, but with the upfater app it is not working.

So, how to unlock my mi4s now?
Anyone knows the reason for this and can solve this problem, so the unlocking procedure is running and the mi4s will be unlocked? After that i will install TWRP and the latest dev rom.

Can you help me out?

Thanks,
Alex