My Redmi 3s Is Randomly Rebooting

D3y4n

Members
Sep 12, 2016
Hi, i got myself Redmi 3s 32gb. I have 7.5.9.0 global rom and the phone is randomly rebooting. Happens at least every day, sometimes even 5-10 times a day. Can anyone help me with a solution? Do you know if this is a hardware or software issue? Its getting pretty annoying to be honest.

Thank you for any help.

i got a similar problem, but only once a day at most.
i'd be interested, too if there's a solution...

Hello!
I have the same issue.
I try flash miui7 all versions, miui8 all versions, cm13 all versions...random/constantly reboot is still.
It's hardware problem!100%
xiaomi silent as a fish about it

I noticed when the phone is connected to a computer it works well

Generally guys ! I found the campaign to solve the phone reboot . Making Root , and then install the application " Setup CPU " and set up the processor speed min 1094 max 1344 and enjoy the stable operation of the phone ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) I want to say that while this option Test

Attachments

• wd6zLDArE68.jpg
    wd6zLDArE68.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 1,391
Hello!
Here all the moments when my redmi 3s reboots:
1. When the phone after just lay on and nothing was running. Simcoe was not, WiFi was included
2. When just looking at setting off WiFi and without SIM card
3. while charging the phone - just watched settings
4. while watching a video on YouTube
5. during the game-enabled 2G mobile internet
6. during the game off with 2G mobile internet and WiFi included
7. rebooted without a configured account at all (just after the initial setup), and with one of the accounts (only Google and only MI), and in customized Google accounts simultaneously and MI
8. rebooted with any battery charge - from 98% to 15%
9. rebooted with different settings to save energy - with a disabled power saving mode, the standard marathon, dream and its mode
10. resets with different temperatures - from 30 degrees to 50 degrees
11. reboots as a load, and just lying without running applications
12. When I was working frequency of the processor and graphics card

So make your own conclusions ...
In my opinion the matter is hardware or all motherboard!!!

phone production date 06.2016

Hello!
Here all the moments when my redmi 3s reboots:
1. When the phone after just lay on and nothing was running. Simcoe was not, WiFi was included
2. When just looking at setting off WiFi and without SIM card
3. while charging the phone - just watched settings
4. while watching a video on YouTube
5. during the game-enabled 2G mobile internet
6. during the game off with 2G mobile internet and WiFi included
7. rebooted without a configured account at all (just after the initial setup), and with one of the accounts (only Google and only MI), and in customized Google accounts simultaneously and MI
8. rebooted with any battery charge - from 98% to 15%
9. rebooted with different settings to save energy - with a disabled power saving mode, the standard marathon, dream and its mode
10. resets with different temperatures - from 30 degrees to 50 degrees
11. reboots as a load, and just lying without running applications
12. When I was working frequency of the processor and graphics card

So make your own conclusions ...
In my opinion the matter is hardware or all motherboard!!!

phone production date 06.2016
Which build of miui does this occur on ?

Hey! I updated my phone's rom to V7.5.9.0.MALMIDE global through OTA from 7.5.4.0 global , after that its started to reboot its self randomly then i installed 6.9.22 (MIUI8) global development rom ,the reboots are gone but random turn off's apear so ,i think its better to reboot ,then beeing completly turned off so im going to flash with MIFlash tool ,using EDL the V7.5.8.0.MALMIDE global stable ,i hope its going to be good.

Altought its a realy good phone good hardvere but i think that all of this reboot stuff is made by kernel instability for this new 430 processor.I installed lots of roms ,cm 11 ,12 ,13 ,aosp ,etc and a lots of custom kernels to many samsung phones and from my opinion its KERNEL 's and miui fault combined !

OHH and random turn off's ,reboot's can be related to battery ,can be faulty ,when sudent battery percentage drop ,the kernel makes a reboot process ,it could be.

Ohh and the battery backup with Miui 8 dev is the worst ,my phone battery percentage decreased 20% in 8 hours in deep sleep mode over night ,this means the kernel dasent maneges the performance and energy saving cores 4+4 corectly this is thipical kernel tuning problem.
Every system task is controlled by the kernel for exp: battery manegment,cpu /gpu throtteling ,governors,power on/off ,charging etc. ( I think ,not 100% sure )

I have a quastion can i revert back to V7.5.8.0.MALMIDE global stable from miui 8 dev, using MIflash/EDL without loosing IMEI ,and buid ,baseband numbers ??? or MIflash tool dasent flashes those partitions so its safe ? can i get a boot loop because i dont want to open my phone ,demage the frame.

ohh i have a 2 gb /16 gb version with fingerprint sensor ,that meens is chinese variant

and there are lots of phones having reboot problems like ,redmi 2 ,note 3 ... ,and evan galaxy note 3 had random reboot problems ,theese devices can not bee hardwere faulty ,its developers fault shame ding ding ,shame ding ding ,shame ding ding shame ding ding ,shame MIUI ! (Game of thrones :))

overall kernel or faulty battery ,but i bet on kernel

Apology for my english !

Last edited:
Reactions: noknok23
I had the same problem on my redmi 3 pro. I had eu rom 7.3.1 stable and i had no problem with it.. but when i flashed 8.0.1.0 stable eu rom I had random reboots every 10 minutes...so I flashed official global developer rom but the problem was still there...the phone restarts itself daily.. and now i found a solution that works! I flashed official stable global rom 8.0.2.0 and everything seems to be ok.. 3 days have passed and no random reboot and i hope it won't happen again. So i think it's the rom's fault and not a hardware issue.. xiaomi should consider this problems and fix it !!

Reactions: Berci
I don't have any reboots problems since 10 days. I believe it's a software problem. Flashed to 8.0.5.0 stable and then 6.9.22 Beta (because of nice new features :p). I did not experienced any reboot since then.

6.9.22 Beta official global rom had the same restart problems for me. only stable rom works for me

Today i searched for random reboots ,and i found this :

The Android Marshmallow update was pretty stable all things considered, but it wasn’t entirely trouble free. Many bugs and issues were quickly addressed with updates but when users are counted in their millions, a few issues inevitably remain. One such issue is when Marshmallow devices randomly reboot. If you still need to fix the reboot issue in Android Marshmallow, read on!

The random reboots began almost as soon as many devices were upgraded to Marshmallow. In some cases it was because the device was incompatible and in others, it was the apps. Either way, it was frustrating for users.

There are three things you can do if this happens to you. You can update all your apps, clear the phone cache and try a factory reset.

Update all your apps
1. Access the Play Store on your device and select the three lines at the top left.
2. Select My apps & games and tap the green button that says Update All.
3. Once updated, reboot the phone and use it as normal.

If the device still randomly reboots, try clearing the cache.

Clearing the phone cache
1. Navigate to Settings, Apps, Internal storage, Cached data and select Clear cache.

Factory reset Android Marshmallow
Performing a factory reset is the step of last resort as it will wipe all your data and settings from the device. Make sure you have saved everything you want to save before performing this step.

1. Navigate to Settings and select Backup and reset.
2. Select Factory data reset, Reset phone, then Erase Everything.
3. The phone will reset back to its defaults. It should now be in the same condition it arrived in and should now work properly.

So folk's don't worry ,our device's not having hardware issues ,its just kernel / android (marsmallow) fault !
Be patient ,and wait for the last and final update of miui 8 , until choose stable roms,i tried all of them ,global,dev,china,stable, all versions ,for me the best is 7.5.4.0 global stable ,this was the original rom that came with my phone ,and it has working VOLTE.

Hello!I found a solution to the problem with a reboot:
1) do root
2) put the last busybox
3) put the kernel auditor
4) to set up the kernel auditor cpu and gpu as in the picture
The whole trick is that the cpu to the minimum frequency was the same as the maximum frequency, this is done with the gpu.it does not always deliver zabudbte "run at startup"

Attachments

• IMG_20161010_130433.jpg
    IMG_20161010_130433.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 1,251
  • Screenshot_2016-10-10-13-02-46-223_com.grarak.kerneladiutor.png
    Screenshot_2016-10-10-13-02-46-223_com.grarak.kerneladiutor.png
    80.4 KB · Views: 1,115
  • Screenshot_2016-10-10-13-02-53-349_com.grarak.kerneladiutor.png
    Screenshot_2016-10-10-13-02-53-349_com.grarak.kerneladiutor.png
    103.5 KB · Views: 1,076
  • Screenshot_2016-10-10-13-02-58-965_com.grarak.kerneladiutor.png
    Screenshot_2016-10-10-13-02-58-965_com.grarak.kerneladiutor.png
    117.1 KB · Views: 1,077
  • Screenshot_2016-10-10-13-03-07-587_com.grarak.kerneladiutor.png
    Screenshot_2016-10-10-13-03-07-587_com.grarak.kerneladiutor.png
    83 KB · Views: 1,127
  • Screenshot_2016-10-10-13-03-21-012_com.grarak.kerneladiutor.png
    Screenshot_2016-10-10-13-03-21-012_com.grarak.kerneladiutor.png
    86.1 KB · Views: 1,046
  • Screenshot_2016-10-10-13-06-34-323_com.android.settings.png
    Screenshot_2016-10-10-13-06-34-323_com.android.settings.png
    89.3 KB · Views: 1,158
  • Screenshot_2016-10-10-13-06-39-965_com.android.settings.png
    Screenshot_2016-10-10-13-06-39-965_com.android.settings.png
    79.3 KB · Views: 973
so it was a software problem. my solution was to flash cyanogenmod and all the problems are gone. and it is a stable rom so far, no problems what so ever

Hello!I found a solution to the problem with a reboot:
1) do root
2) put the last busybox
3) put the kernel auditor
4) to set up the kernel auditor cpu and gpu as in the picture
The whole trick is that the cpu to the minimum frequency was the same as the maximum frequency, this is done with the gpu.it does not always deliver zabudbte "run at startup"

What do you exactly do with this method? Put CPU/GPU freq @ Max or remove them from being at max??

Those who having same problems like me had: -> random reboots ,network / signal drop , no simcard detected esue !

I tried all kinds of roms ,and all versions of it like ,global stable ,china stable, dev rom's but none of them helped!
I requested the unlock permission ,after two day i recieved it ,actually i unlocked my phone the first try without any esue (while my phone was softbricked with 6.10.13 dev rom ,no clue how ,used MiFlas and it flashed succesfully without any esue ,lol ?! ) , after that the second day i recieved the sms , actually i got my permission before receiving sms not after ! lol

Steps:
1 unlocked my bootloader
2 installed TWRP (do a backup, you never know)
3 wipe dalvik /cache /system
4 installed the 8.0.6.0 EU rom (october) (i installed it over 7.5.4.0 global stable)
5 installed SuperSU (2 reboot loops -this is normal)
6 done, 3 days now,no random reboot's no signal drops and network loss / no servce problem's anymore !!!

Last edited: