Mi4 Lte Ramdom Reboots [with Logs]

I continue testing, in beta team we see no reboot for now. You test wake lock?

Envoyé de mon MI 4W en utilisant Tapatalk
Got another reboot a few hours later. These frequent reboots are worrying me I hope it's not an unfixable hardware issue. I will try wake lock with mpdecision removed since it has better battery this way.

I got to 450+ hours with wakelock, but sadly this morning the phone rebooted while lying on the table. Still, a huge improvement over stock, which could reboot 2-3 times while biking.
Speaking of which, anybody has noticed something similar? Mine had random reboots all over the place but only maybe once a day or couple of days, whereas while biking (ie, hot outside + gps) it was almost certain to reboot more than once during a 1-2h trip.

I got to 450+ hours with wakelock, but sadly this morning the phone rebooted while lying on the table. Still, a huge improvement over stock, which could reboot 2-3 times while biking.
Speaking of which, anybody has noticed something similar? Mine had random reboots all over the place but only maybe once a day or couple of days, whereas while biking (ie, hot outside + gps) it was almost certain to reboot more than once during a 1-2h trip.
Poor you, mine has no reboot for nearly 600 hours. No explanation for this -_-.

Could remove mpdecision + tweaked thermal+wake lock Mi4 is faster and battery improved! Hehe he
Would u mind guiding me step by step this solution?

- delete (backup it first) mpdecision file from /system/bin
- tweaked thermal: please guide me how to treat it :-s.
- wake-lock: juz keep wake-lock-manage running in background or to close it?

Would u mind guiding me step by step this solution?

- delete (backup it first) mpdecision file from /system/bin
- tweaked thermal: please guide me how to treat it :-s.
- wake-lock: juz keep wake-lock-manage running in background or to close it?

boot twrp:
1 for mpdecision, yes a remove
2 replace thermal.conf with the one posted in previous posts in this thread, then TWRP access 755
for wake lock up to you o start or not, first you can try without.

Reactions: manlysixpacks
boot twrp:
1 for mpdecision, yes a remove
2 replace thermal.conf with the one posted in previous posts in this thread, then TWRP access 755
for wake lock up to you o start or not, first you can try without.
thank bro, i installed Root Explorer, and set access granted via it; let me try this solution :D.

but bro, the original thermal engine file is 0644 access, so we have to grant it 0775 instead?

Last edited:
I got no reboot throughout 28 hours but yesterday cpu frequency was reducing itself to 1036 mhz. I thought it's because of the battery level but nothing changed even though I charged it. So I manually rebooted my phone and it has been running again without any random reboot for 13 hrs.

Removed mpdecision + tweaked thermal

I got no reboot throughout 28 hours but yesterday cpu frequency was reducing itself to 1036 mhz. I thought it's because of the battery level but nothing changed even though I charged it. So I manually rebooted my phone and it has been running again without any random reboot for 13 hrs.

Removed mpdecision + tweaked thermal
if it happens again, try to set performance mode, the 4 cores should be set at 2.5GHz, then back to normal. I am running since 2 days now, all fine. 6.9.22 global +removed mpdecision+thermal conf.

It is possible that wakelock crashed, it happened to me twice, then the reboot happens after some time.

Reactions: jc rey
Put wake lock in auto start just in case.

Actually, it was. Only that at app restart it does not retain the partial lock option selected. So needs to be checked from time to time.

Needless to say, wake lock workaround need to rely on this app stability, agree with all comments.

BTW, mpdecision removed + thermal Conf now reached 75h, mi4 super smooth, very good battery.

BTW, mpdecision removed + thermal Conf now reached 75h, mi4 super smooth, very good battery.

Same configuration with xiaomi.eu 6.9.15 no reboots since flashed it.
Best tweak ever!

Enviado desde mi MI 4LTE mediante Tapatalk

Reactions: jc rey
Needless to say, wake lock workaround need to rely on this app stability, agree with all comments.

BAD news bro, my phone has juz rebooted for 2 days using with thermal tweak n mpdecision removed. Now i'm back to wakelock manager :'(.

110h and still running, no reboot for now. I am on global rom BTW.

I haven't been able to test it yet, but I suspect that thermal conf doesn't do anything without mpdecision. When mpdecision is removed the kernel's cpu & battery handling kicks in. I think any modifications to thermal conf will only really make any difference with mpdecision present.

There is probably still a form of deep sleep without mpdecision and partial wake lock should prevent that but there still were some reports of reboots with wake lock if I'm not mistaken?

The only difference I can think of is that battery saving (and/or something else) acts differently with wake lock because there's constantly some process running.

I'm kind of leaning towards the notion that wake lock is actually preventing something else from doing it's thing, something that it would otherwise do when cpu enters sleep.

Another theory is the other way around and that something is constantly trying to wake the cpu up while asleep and causes reboots, with wake lock the cpu is already up.

It's also weird that no reboots happen without sim card? This can't be a coincidence. Maybe some cellular network activity or even phone sim chip reading "doesn't like" cpu sleep.

Anyone experienced any anomalies with sim card and this phone? Anything at all?

Secure settings plugin (now a bit old) got tool called "wake device - CPU awake only". I'm currently testing it with Tasker. My reboots happened only when screen is on, so I set it to work when screen is on. My device is Redmi 3s Prime but hw_reset reason is the same as mentioned here. Later I'll share my results with you.

Since this problem starts with Android 6.0, is there a possibility that Doze mode is involved? It works by shutting down all processes, and puts the phone in hibernation. And when it wakes to sync, there's some problem with the CPU (or any other component) and it crashes, causing it to reboot. Is it possible?
My Mi 4 (MI4w) with samsung battery cell. It keeps rebooting without Wake-Lock. I've already tried the thermal tweak+mpdecision

Since this problem starts with Android 6.0, is there a possibility that Doze mode is involved? It works by shutting down all processes, and puts the phone in hibernation. And when it wakes to sync, there's some problem with the CPU (or any other component) and it crashes, causing it to reboot. Is it possible?
My Mi 4 (MI4w) with samsung battery cell. It keeps rebooting without Wake-Lock. I've already tried the thermal tweak+mpdecision
Yay my Mi4 has samsung battery like u, but works well with wakelock, no reboot for about 600 hours, and crashed after 2 days with thermal tweak :'(.