Encryption Problem?

s0sunz1m

Members
Sep 18, 2016
I try to encrypt and it takes more than 2 days and its still shows Mi logo.

Is it still running OR hang? Is encryption working?
Look like not running as i can abort without problems.

Do u know why?

Thanks!

Hi s0sunz1m,

I also tried it two times. I flashed the miui 8 helium stable rom and I didn't manage to get the device encrypted.

nope. I didn't find a solution but I need to encrypt the device somehow or at least make it think that it is encrypted due to policy reasons.

nope. I didn't find a solution but I need to encrypt the device somehow or at least make it think that it is encrypted due to policy reasons.
Thanks for this update, I started a formal question in the Q&A Forum, as I also want an encrypted mobile.

I know on the fly encryption from my iPhone, as I managed to arrange my phone as I want it, I simply don't want to mess everything with encryption. Just made the 8.0.3 stable upgrade on the pro and I'm happy that it worked without problems.
On the other hand side, I did not recover any TWRP backup so far, shame on me...
Cheers Lati

Gesendet von meinem MI MAX mit Tapatalk

I started the encryption on my device, after 3 minutes, the mi-logo disappeared and the android figure appeared, showing encryption and the percantage of already encrypted space. The mobile starts rebooting from time to time with a soft "bling". Did you encounter this as well?
Something is working on my mobile, altough only 5 % decrypted...
Cheers, Lati

Encryption finished, about 1.5 hours for 15 GB, had a shock when I was prompted to enter password, as I have not been asked to set one before encryption started. Luckily realized that it is the startup password...
Everything seems to be fine here, just need stronger password, so I go on with testing...
Cheers, Lati

I tried to encrypt the device two times. Everytime I pushed the button to start the encryption, the phone startet to show the Android logo with the progressbar and after a couple of seconds the green android logo disappeared and the device rebooted with the mi logo showing for quite a while.

Hm, how much storage is used on your device? The same happened here, several reboots but after 1.5 hours the encryption was finished. If the memory is rather full, it might take longer. Mimax pro is rather empty atm. Did you see the huge android with percentage complete? How did you stop the process?
Cheers, Lati

So, there is no percentage showing. I just see the green android logo for a second or two and than it is showing the mi logo as the device would reboot but it isn't. It's frozen then. :/

Same here. Clicked on encrypt, saw the green logo for a sec and showed the mi logo for hours but nothing happened.
I have just upgraded to 6.9.22 and tried again, looks like it is encrypting. no percentage but time remaining: 3:50 :)

update: encrytion took about 20-30 mins (i have not tested stable rom)

Last edited:
Reactions: SchlepperD
I'm on stable, and it worked perfectly, I am on 8.0.3, did not try it on 8.0.2. Schlepper, which version are you on?
Cheers, Lati.
P.S. Which Version of the MiMax do you have? Here it is a 4 GB / 128 GB.

I did the update by TWRP and cleaned Dalvic Cache after update and before boot. Good luck. How much space is occupied on your mobile? Mine was filled with 20 GB and it took about 1.5 hours. Is there a SD-card attached? I did not have a sd-card, as I have dual sim setup.
Keep my fingers crossed and good luck!
Cheers, Lati

Hej Lati,

I just downloaded the 8.0.3 as you suggested to but twrp says that the version I downloaded is for hydrogen devices and not for helium devices. Are you sure you run the stable version? Where did you get the rom? I used
xiaomi.eu_multi_MIMAXPro_V8.0.3.0.MBDCNDG_v8-6.0.zip and I get the error but it should run on helium devices according to the description. ty, schlepperd

Edit: I am going to try another source (i will try the megadysk.pl file now) maybe there was a fault when uploading ?!.

Last edited:
Hej Lati,

I just downloaded the 8.0.3 as you suggested to but twrp says that the version I downloaded is for hydrogen devices and not for helium devices. Are you sure you run the stable version? Where did you get the rom? I used
xiaomi.eu_multi_MIMAXPro_V8.0.3.0.MBDCNDG_v8-6.0.zip and I get the error but it should run on helium devices according to the description. ty, schlepperd
Hm, this sounds very strange, I did download mine from the alternative site https://megadysk.pl/f/STABLE_MIUIv8

But it seems that the file is the same, yes I am on 8.0.3 with my MI max pro :

983704259e33d6ea913f6682a1feface.jpg

Honestly speaking, I have no clue, why it does not work with your Mimax pro. Where did you get TWRP from? I used mine from doomlayers initial posting. Mine is 3.0.2, I think.

Keep us posted!

Cheers, Lati

I just double checked the filesize and the file I downloaded is bigger than it should be (it is smth around 870mb but it should be around 840mb). So I hope that this works now. keep the fingers crossed! :)

So it seems to work now. I flashed supersu and xposed also right after i cleaned dalvik. It is now booting and after that I am going to encrypt immediately.

hmmm, I am afraid it isn't working. I dirty flashed 8.0.3. and cleaned dalvik as suggested after that I flashed supersu and xposed for miui. The first boot took a while but it was working. So I tried to start the encryption, and all it does is showing the andoird logo for a second or two and then it so showing the mi logo (with the three dots) - so it isn't showing a status bar or a percentage or something similar.

hmmm, I just wonder what the difference might be. How long did you wait? The encryption starts and stops / reboots, I also encountered that the android and the mi logo, then after maybe one minute it shows a huge android and it says 9% completed which goes down up to 1 % before going up again. It reboots 4-5 times during that process.
If you stop the process, do you just turn of the mobile? Did you loose any data?

I don't have supersu nor xposed, we are now on the same MIUI, very strange indeed.

Sorry, atm, I'm clueless, maybe you should adress this topic in the general Q&A forum?

Good luck!

Cheers, Lati

I upgrade to 8.0.3 and did encryption. It reboot to miui logo and stay there for almost 2 hours before i abort.

No loss of data mean it is ... Still not working???

I upgrade to 8.0.3 and did encryption. It reboot to miui logo and stay there for almost 2 hours before i abort.

No loss of data mean it is ... Still not working???

same here, I tried it for a couple of hours while I was sleeping and there is still no encryption or any progress :(

Encryption has been completed. How could I update now? TWRP asks for password... Screen lock code does not work!

looks like there is a bug in TWRP, 3.0.2-0 should work correctly

Last edited:
Reactions: Latinumking
Hi Gabor, that doesn't sound good at all... I encrypted my MiMax after I upgraded. I have installed TWRP 3.0.2, I will test the upgrade procedure when MIUI 8.0.4 stable will be available.

Please keep us posted.

Cheers, Lati