Why Android 6 Is On The Mi Note And Not On Pro ?

Filippo Bianco

Members
Apr 19, 2016
Hi,

Why the Xiaomi Mi Note has an official ROM with Android 6 and the Mi Note Pro with Android 5.

What is the trouble ?

Thanks

I think it's a question of "numbers".
Xiaomi has sold more Mi Note than Mi Note Pro.

Last edited:
Who knows..however this is not correct, because Samsung or others brands will give firmware support for 2 years since the phone comes out and not considering the quantity selled, so Xiaomi should not be bought anymore.
I don't care if you sell few phones or a lot, this is not my problem. You have to give the same support for all customers, but Xiaomi doesn't it so this will be my last Xiaomi.

Inviato dal mio MI NOTE Pro utilizzando Tapatalk

hi, you're right this phone is less than 2 YO and it seems that it's not support more by xiaomi. Maybe, they expect to sell the Mi Note 2 at high price. Will see if they support ours a little further. from that, it also will depend if I continue to buy from xiaomi or not.

hi, Regarding the amount of download on xiaomi.eu it seems that thereis more Mi Note Pro than Mi Note
That's because there's no official global firmware for Mi Note Pro so people get it here.

Just for whoever is interested I sold my Pro on because I saw Xiaomi were killing it off thanks to the SD810 issue all manufacturers had. Their first move was stop production and sell the remaining stock exclusively through a certain credit card, a month later they vanished altogether. This was before it was even a year old.

My wife has her Pro still and it's now throttled back slower than my Mi Note. This has had an impact on the UI even, small stutters are noticeable in UI transitions which aren't there on my Mi Note. Battery performance is also "much" better on my Note.

Sent from my MI NOTE LTE using Tapatalk

That's because there's no official global firmware for Mi Note Pro so people get it here.

Just for whoever is interested I sold my Pro on because I saw Xiaomi were killing it off thanks to the SD810 issue all manufacturers had. Their first move was stop production and sell the remaining stock exclusively through a certain credit card, a month later they vanished altogether. This was before it was even a year old.

My wife has her Pro still and it's now throttled back slower than my Mi Note. This has had an impact on the UI even, small stutters are noticeable in UI transitions which aren't there on my Mi Note. Battery performance is also "much" better on my Note.

You're right. I didn't notice that before.

That's why the price was so cheap.

But looking at the test, most of the specialized websites wrote it was an excellent phone.

I heard already that the trouble of the S810 was the overheating. I didn't have that trouble with my Mi note pro but never play game on it.

I just as saw now some others according with your comment.

I have to do with it now.

Xiaomi did their best, Sony's Z3+ couldn't even run the camera without overheating. Any kind of effective update needed to come from Qualcomm as a driver update, and it never did. It should have been a recall.

Now the SD821 has a stutter issue..