Weekly Updating Problem

claudio23f

Members
Sep 28, 2016
Hello everyone,
I'm a new owner of a beautiful Redmi Pro, my question is about OTA updating.
My device is a Miui 8.1 by xiaomi.eu 6 8 9 developper version and I'm wondering why it can't find new 6 9 22 weekly updating.
Is it normal or not? The device has also bootlooade locked.
Thanks a lot for your help.
Claudio

Some facts about OTA delay:
  • OTA packages are always same as posted here, so FULL ROM (400-1000MB)
  • Installation via OTA is same as you do, so Updater - Menu - Select installation zip
  • OTA is uploading into Xiaomi china servers which are very slow for download and upload (usually 30-40kb/s for uploading over 10GB) so I have to upload them always at night one by one and I dont have time for doing that every week... Unfortunately OTA account is binded to my Xiaomi account so nobody else can do that instead of me...
  • So we decided to upload OTA only once per month or more and not weekly... Users who are lazy to go here and download zip manually, can wait over month to get new version via OTA, they just dont care about new updates...
  • OTA for cancro / virgo / redmi 2 is too risky after Android base change.. so we decided to save users from bricked devices caused by OTA update... they have to update manually to have it under control...

Thanks a lot. I also manually downloaded the 6 9 22 zip file and tried to install using choose update package.
Immediatly the device turned off automatically and then turned on but haven't had installed new software....
Usb debugging mode is on.

xiaomi.eu weekly roms should be installed via TWRP.
- First you need to install twrp via fastboot
- Then unlock your bootloader
- And only then try to install last weekly rom (don't forget to wipe)

Reactions: claudio23f
I don't know.... I've bought so... with xiaomi.eu alraedy installed...
If I turn on my device in bootloader mode (volume up key + power) after a while I see a black screen with a figure of a phone and usb cable.... I think bootloader is blocked....
In Fastboot mode everything is ok
Do you think I need to install twrp? In that case the right twrp is the omega version one?

You can check it here: (names of menues can be slightly different, because i use russian language on my phone)
Settings -> about phone -> Core (need few taps on it)
Then tap on "software version" and find "fastbook lock" string

I would advise to unlock the bootloader, install twrp. And then flash a clean firmware with all wipes.
All manuals you can find on xiaomi.eu forums. Good luck ;)

I mean install any firmware on clean device, rather than just update the old one. Thus eliminating many errors

ok... I'll wait if OTA will be installed in some weeks... if not I'll wipe my device and reinstall everything.
DO you recommend me to get a mi account and unlock bootloader by xiaomi?