Lte Bands

gonzametal

Members
Feb 11, 2014
Again no international LTE bands? Why B4, and others are missing?? Again, it is a software/firmware problem. I do not understand why!!!!!

Yeah, I don't get it. A lot of phone manufacturers include all bands even if they don't officially sell them in the country that would need those bands.

I know the hardware supports it, Xiaomi just needs to unlock it.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I don't get it. A lot of phone manufacturers include all bands even if they don't officially sell them in the country that would need those bands.

I know the hardware supports it, Xiaomi just needs to unlock it.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk
So your MI 5 does have the LTE band 20 ?

So your MI 5 does have the LTE band 20 ?
This are the bands:
FDD-LTE (B1,B3,B5,B7,B8)
TD-LTE (B38,B39,B40,B41)
TD-SCDMA (B34,B39)
WCDMA (B1,B2,B5,B8)
GSM (B2,B3,B5,B8)
CDMA1X/EVDO BC0)
May be they launch an international version in the future, but i do not think so

Maybe they don't want their target audience to leave their country or go on holiday with their mobile phone.

Not sure.

• Networks on LTE-bands 1, 3, 7, 28 (FDD-LTE) or 38, 40 (TDD-LTE) are suitable for future global roaming in ITU Regions 1, 2 and 3.
  • Networks on LTE-band 8 (FDD-LTE) may allow global roaming in the future (ITU Regions 1, 2 and 3) (Long-term perspective).
  • Networks on LTE-band 20 (FDD-LTE) are suitable for roaming in ITU Region 1 (EMEA) only.
  • Networks on LTE-bands 2 and 4 (FDD-LTE) are suitable for roaming in ITU Region 2 (Americas) only.
so Xiaomi did the most used LTE Bands in the world, just because your region or your telecompany does not support that. for me personally, in Spain I didn't have any problem with my Xiaomi ever.

Reactions: gimpsy10
Xiaomi build phones for Chineses and country were they sells phones.

If you want bands for your country buy phones builds for your country...

Envoyé de mon MI 5 en utilisant Tapatalk

• Networks on LTE-bands 1, 3, 7, 28 (FDD-LTE) or 38, 40 (TDD-LTE) are suitable for future global roaming in ITU Regions 1, 2 and 3.
  • Networks on LTE-band 8 (FDD-LTE) may allow global roaming in the future (ITU Regions 1, 2 and 3) (Long-term perspective).
  • Networks on LTE-band 20 (FDD-LTE) are suitable for roaming in ITU Region 1 (EMEA) only.
  • Networks on LTE-bands 2 and 4 (FDD-LTE) are suitable for roaming in ITU Region 2 (Americas) only.
so Xiaomi did the most used LTE Bands in the world, just because your region or your telecompany does not support that. for me personally, in Spain I didn't have any problem with my Xiaomi ever.

Do you think this one will work in Spain? any idea if the global rom from the mi5 can be applied to mi5s? I happen to be Spanish too and be in China right now, so tempted to buy it.

Again no international LTE bands? Why B4, and others are missing?? Again, it is a software/firmware problem. I do not understand why!!!!!

pretty simple answer really, at the moment, all xiaomi phones are not meant for the international market, only china and a hand few of other countries. so why would they waste money for more LTE band licenses?

ofc im disappointed by it, would have hoped for a better LTE band support for international. Problem with xiaomi is, they aint even thinking about chinese customer who goes outside the mainland lol

Reactions: lapocompris
You want to ban someone whom you dislike the answer ? You must come from a country where free speech isn't allowed.
You think that someone must come from a country where free speech isn't allowed because they dislike the answer of another participant and want them banned? You must come from a country where free speech isn't allowed.

I hope xiaomi do realise that both Asian, European and other markets do travel for work and leisure. Also that in some parts of countries bands like band 20 (800mhz) is the best frequency for signal, as it is lower - penetrating walls easier and travelling further.

You want to ban someone whom you dislike the answer ? You must come from a country where free speech isn't allowed.

I think your answer is useless in this forum. I have no problems of what people say about my country, but this is not the place say such things.

I wanted to know why a company decide to exclude some countries. They have to pay some extra money if they decide to add a band? They DO NOT WANT to sell more phones than inside china?

It is simple, but you came here with stupid things. That's why I told to ban you

I'm thinking of 2 possibilities: it's either a business plan, they make phone for chinese market with cheap prices. Wait to get bigger and then make more expensive phones for western market when they will have more ressources and/or they are scared of lawsuit from Apple if their release in western so better keep it low until they have products that look more different.
Anyway, They have good reasons to stay focused on China/India market for now, it's already a very big market. Europe has a 2years warranty law that would cost them a lot. They better wait when they are bigger.

My biggest hope is to find modders that can open the kernel and enable the band directly in phones. (people are trying already)

I'm thinking of 2 possibilities: it's either a business plan, they make phone for chinese market with cheap prices. Wait to get bigger and then make more expensive phones for western market when they will have more ressources and/or they are scared of lawsuit from Apple if their release in western so better keep it low until they have products that look more different.
Anyway, They have good reasons to stay focused on China/India market for now, it's already a very big market. Europe has a 2years warranty law that would cost them a lot. They better wait when they are bigger.

My biggest hope is to find modders that can open the kernel and enable the band directly in phones. (people are trying already)
I Don t think it's soft, license is paid to Qualcomm that makes special chip bounding inside package. There is no software solution.
In addition, different frequencies means different antenna, look at the Kate version, it is a bit bigger that Kenzo.... Means an international phone will get a new size. Can only happen to redmi today's.

Hi !!
The Xiaomi smartphone work with the band 20 because the hardware of MTK and Qualcom processors support them.
There is an online store that sells the redmi Notes 3 with a modified ROM and the band 20 running, but I do not know if the phone is still the same, still it seems the same but I do not know if they work well.
I hope that the GSM / LTE antennas Xiaomi are compatible because otherwise it is useless to implement the software with the routines of the band 20 and then do not work as they should ... :)

Xiaomi Mi5s TOP is a smartphone and I love it, I have a redmi Notes 2 and band 20 I miss a little bit because I live in Italy, outside the city center, between Padova and Venice.
But if I get close to Venice then I see the 4G icon that lights up ....

Last edited:
Hi !!
The Xiaomi smartphone work with the band 20 because the hardware of MTK and Qualcom processors support them.
There is an online store that sells the redmi Notes 3 with a modified ROM and the band 20 running, but I do not know if the phone is still the same, still it seems the same but I do not know if they work well.
I hope that the GSM / LTE antennas Xiaomi are compatible because otherwise it is useless to implement the software with the routines of the band 20 and then do not work as they should ... :)
No, band support is disabled from Qualcomm and mediatek , it is hardware.
Redmi note 3 special edition well support all bands, but phone is different, a bit bigger for different antennas due to different frequencies.

Envoyé de mon MI 4W en utilisant Tapatalk

BTW Chinese and Indians travel too, it wouldn't be bad to have a "more" international friendly version also for them I think.

Reactions: jc rey
BTW Chinese and Indians travel too, it wouldn't be bad to have a "more" international friendly version also for them I think.
Agree, but I think the extra license cost on each device would jeopardize their profits.

Envoyé de mon MI 4W en utilisant Tapatalk