Bootloader Locked After Latest Rom Install

pieter123

Members
Sep 4, 2015
After installation of rom 6.9.22 my phone ended up in a loop (mi logo-progress bar) and didn't install the Rom.
I was able to get the official rom back on again, but my bootloader is locked again.
Anyone has any idea how this could have occured and also what could have been the reason that the rom looped and didn't install.

Device: Redmi Note 3 Pro
Bootloader was unlocked.
This was not my first rom installation (no problems so far).

Any help would be helpcome

I previously used alka twrp, and I switched to ZCX twrp for flashing the miui 8 global dev rom without facing problem. My bootloader never been locked again like your case. Normally I batch flash rom, superSU, xposed in one single flash.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Same problem as you, I flash the latest xiaomi.eu rom and my bootloader will lock himself and twrp isn't accessible..
What the rom you use before flash TWRP ?

Envoyé de mon OnePlus 3 en utilisant Tapatalk

Ouch, I was convinved it was still Android 5.1, but when I doublecheck now it's indeed 6.0. Didn't see anything in the changelog, but apparently there is a change over in this weeks rom to 6.0

But if the upgrade to 6.0 locks the bootloader, how do I install the latest rom?
I started yesterday with android 5.1 & unlocked bootloader, tried to install the latest multi rom but instead it looped, locked the bootloader, Couldn't get in the phone and needed reinstall official rom with EDL.

What am i missing?

That's a good question because it would make several days I also seeking. And when I try to flash another official rom my phone looped too

iamme, I didn't want to go to stable rom and didn't want the bootloader locked.
I wanted to install the latest 6.9.22 rom which resulted in locked bootloader, not installing the rom, and me having to install the latest global stable rom (MIUI Global 8.0.1.0(LHMOMIDG) Stable)

iamme, I didn't want to go to stable rom and didn't want the bootloader locked.
I wanted to install the latest 6.9.22 rom which resulted in locked bootloader, not installing the rom, and me having to install the latest global stable rom (MIUI Global 8.0.1.0(LHMOMIDG) Stable)
At this moment what what happen on your phone ? Are you on an another rom?

What's the rom you use ? Do you flash this rom when your phone is brick ?

Ok because after the problem with the bootloader (same as you) all my rom i've tested bootloop...
I'll keep you posted if I have a solution for this problem.

Ok I try the latest global stable rom and China dev rom and my phone bootloop, i'll try with an unofficial fastboot rom

That's a good question because it would make several days I also seeking. And when I try to flash another official rom my phone looped too

Any move from 5.1 to 6.0 or vice versa will lock the bootloader, be it official or eu.

If you are changing version, after flash, do not reboot.

Manyally reboot to bootloader and unlock via miunlock.

Any move from 5.1 to 6.0 or vice versa will lock the bootloader, be it official or eu.

If you are changing version, after flash, do not reboot.

Manyally reboot to bootloader and unlock via miunlock.

Ok but now when I install a rom currently on Sphinx rom my phone boot and when I configure miui the phone always "respring"

Hum.. It's very difficult to explain this, when I configure miui, for example when I choose the theme the phone restart on mi logo with Android and return when I choose the theme.. The phone didn't restart just "respring"(it's an iOS word).
When the phone didn't respring it's just restarts after 30 seconds/1 minute

Respring as in?

Hum.. It's very difficult to explain this, when I configure miui, for example when I choose the theme the phone restart on mi logo with Android and return when I choose the theme.. The phone didn't restart just "respring"(it's an iOS word).
When the phone didn't respring it's just restarts after 30 seconds/1 minute

Edit: I make a video check it out https://vid.me/L0z7

Last edited:
I had a Mi4c that did the very same thing...I had accidentally flashed the incorrect ROM...I would install one of the Xiaomi EU ROMS.... see if you don't have better success....
Oh I'm not alone, I'm looking for few weeks the solution but nobody know how to fix it, if I have the solution i'll post it on this post

Oh I'm not alone, I'm looking for few weeks the solution but nobody know how to fix it, if I have the solution i'll post it on this post

Its simple, the rom or some partitions may be corrupted.
Flash via MiFlash a fastboot rom cleanly and it will be solved

Reactions: iamme729
Its simple, the rom or some partitions may be corrupted.
Flash via MiFlash a fastboot rom cleanly and it will be solved

My Sphinx rom is a fastboot rom, I choose clean all and I flash in EDL mode but same problem

Exactly... that's what I had to do with my Mi4c.... fastboot w/ MiFlash tool....

Sent from my Mi-4c using Tapatalk
Yes but I post on different forum but same reply, "fastboot rom w/ MiFlash.." etc but no real solution