• only partial

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

omuroz

Members
Jan 12, 2016
Hi.
I found almost no info about this except a few posts so i will write down any info i can.

This is a guide written by a noob for noobs for flashing stable build over dev/weekly build and it's based on the assumption that you already flashed your device from china software to xiaomi.eu software using twrp.

i have a redmi note 2 hermes 16gb
i was running latest dev build before flash
i have twrp 3.0.0 installed (plenty of guides to install this in the forum)
i use supersu 2.7.6

before flashing stable:
you will lose all your data on the phone. at least to my knowledge so backup everything you need, pictures, docs, etc.
-copy latest dev build and latest stable on sdcard (6.10.13 and 8.0.2.0. please use a md5 file checker for consistency before you upload them to phone)
-copy supersu 2.7.6 on sdcard (later versions might work but this is what i had)
-export phonebook to sdcard or to gmail.

flashing stable:
-reboot in recovery mode
-make backup with twrp of data partition on sdcard
please note that this backup will not work on stable from dev, it's there for the purpose of coming back to dev and keeping your data safe in case you need something. (i have no ideea how to make backup work on stable and if its possible at all, if anyone knows how, i appreciate the help).
-full device wipe
-use twrp to install stable 8.0.2.0
-reboot phone
-add mi account, skip gmail.
-reboot in recovery
-use twrp to istall supersu binary
-reboot phone
-add gmail account

Phone is fully working, after you add the gmail account.

what does not work:
-data backup from dev build made with twrp. you get all kinds of errors ranging from gallery to android processes.

i have not tried this but i suppose you can make titanium backup of your apps before the flash and import them now. at least use a program to save the app list to auto install later.

L.E.: SO i have tested the miui backup option. you need a sd card in order to wipe the phone clean. you also need the sd-card to show the option for backup to storage. after you install weekly or stable just import the backup and it works (thanks member dogiex).
please import it after you added the gmail account. if you have any apps that have local profiles they will not be saved, link them to online services.

TWRP will ask you for "stuff", namely if he is to preserve the /system partition as it is so that you can receive OTA updates. since xiaomi.eu comes best in manual install packages i've opted for a modified partition, just swipe right. it will also ask you to install supersu, if you let it, it will download latest version after you boot up your phone. latest does not mean 100% compatible with mi.

For weekly to stable just follow the same procedure. if you get an "error 7" message from twrp you just need to mount all partitions as read/write from twrp.

Last edited:
Hi.
I found almost no info about this except a few posts so i will write down any info i can.

This is a guide written by a noob for noobs for flashing stable build over dev/weekly build and it's based on the assumption that you already flashed your device from china software to xiaomi.eu software using twrp.

i have a redmi note 2 hermes 16gb
i was running latest dev build before flash
i have twrp 3.0.0 installed (plenty of guides to install this in the forum)
i use supersu 2.7.6

before flashing stable:
you will lose all your data on the phone. at least to my knowledge so backup everything you need, pictures, docs, etc.
-copy latest dev build and latest stable on sdcard (6.10.13 and 8.0.2.0. please use a md5 file checker for consistency before you upload them to phone)
-copy supersu 2.7.6 on sdcard (later versions might work but this is what i had)
-export phonebook to sdcard or to gmail.

flashing stable:
-reboot in recovery mode
-make backup with twrp of data partition on sdcard
please note that this backup will not work on stable from dev, it's there for the purpose of coming back to dev and keeping your data safe in case you need something. (i have no ideea how to make backup work on stable and if its possible at all, if anyone knows how, i appreciate the help).
-full device wipe
-use twrp to install stable 8.0.2.0
-reboot phone
-add mi account, skip gmail.
-reboot in recovery
-use twrp to istall supersu binary
-reboot phone
-add gmail account

Phone is fully working, after you add the gmail account.

what does not work:
-data backup from dev build made with twrp. you get all kinds of errors ranging from gallery to android processes.

i have not tried this but i suppose you can make titanium backup of your apps before the flash and import them now. at least use a program to save the app list to auto install later.
If you stay on MIUI, you can make local backup of your settings and apps and restore them with local backup app, no matter if you are on weekly or stable or in china rom.

Test it out, search for local backup.

I have automatic local backup every thursday before weekly so I will have my apps and data and settings if something goes wrong. :)

Lähetetty minun MI 3W laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Reactions: Badrsj
Hi, where does local backup get stored, you say it restores apps back with settings i.e. Mail accounts, other apps with accounts? I wanna clean install then restore apps, would it work between Miui eu and global.en thanks

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

Hi, where does local backup get stored, you say it restores apps back with settings i.e. Mail accounts, other apps with accounts? I wanna clean install then restore apps, would it work between Miui eu and global.en thanks

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk
It stores all backups in internal storage, miui, backup, all backup folder.

Yes it works with miui china to eu and vise versa. :)

Just did it with Redmi Note 3 MTK from china stable to eu stable for my sister. Just make sure to backup those apps and settings you need. If you are on china rom and make a backup of all apps, it will select every china apps too.

When you format everything, make sure to get the backup folder to your computer and put it back in the same folder so the local backup can find the backup after the fresh installation.

Reactions: Badrsj
you can change that in settings>storage>storage settings.
I do not have that kind of settings on my Mi3. Are you talking about twrp settings or phone backup settings?

here

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-10-19-15-12-10-958_com.android.settings.png
    Screenshot_2016-10-19-15-12-10-958_com.android.settings.png
    121.2 KB · Views: 411
  • Screenshot_2016-10-19-15-13-20-647_com.android.settings.png
    Screenshot_2016-10-19-15-13-20-647_com.android.settings.png
    90.8 KB · Views: 411
Oh yeah that says it. You have external storage, it doesn't show if I don't have external sd card and it saves to internal storage automatically.

well memory cards are so cheap right now that is almost a shame not to get at least 32 gb for your phone.

well memory cards are so cheap right now that is almost a shame not to get at least 32 gb for your phone.
Well I would but Mi3 doesn't support sd cards. ;)