Looking For Rom Working In Eu For Redmi2 (type: 2014813)

Jpmdek

Members
Oct 9, 2016
I'm looking for a ROM that's lets work my redmi-2 properly in Europe. After upgrading the MIUI software the redmi-2 worked not properly.

I can upgrade my Redmi-2 with MIUI 8.0 and everything is working correct except "calling" The message at the top of the screen is "No services". There is a trick that replace the "NON-HLOS.bin". That helps. But other things is than not working, fore example the lock-screen and "Settings"does not work.

Xiaomi is not realy help me and advice me to go to the shop in Singapore whats not a option because a'm living in the Netherlands. The supplier Honerby does not answer.
Does anybody hase a solution?

It looks like the buying a Xiaomi in Europe is a risk, because you don't have good after sale services :-(

Hi.
Have you solved your problem yet?

You have to flash the correct fastboot ROM for your device, you can find it in the links of this thread: (I can't post links, pm if you need it)
These ROMs are hard to find because 2014813 (wt86047) is the Chinese version of the redmi 2 pro.

If you have any questions, ask before you flash!

Last edited:
Reactions: villain
Tanks for answering. I tried a lot of ROM's. Non of them worked correct. Can you show me the correct ROM.

Hello,

I have the same phone model (HM2014811 also referred to HM2XWCPro) and yesterday faced the same problem while performing a routine “wipe-and-install” clean.

I have always used custom MIUI ROM localized in my native language (IT) and I have done this operation almost a dozen times in the past 2 years, always without any problem.

Anyway, probably I missed something yesterday or probably the updated ROM was not fully compatibile, and I’ve ended up with my HM2014811 incapable of locking to GSM/EDGE/LTE (in short, cellular) signal.

After spending over 10 hours reading every conceivable post (included this one and the many references made in it) I finally found a solution.

Just to be clear, my situation was the following:

- Phone working in every other aspect than cellular signal on both SIM Cards

- Fastboot and Recovery (TWRP) working and accessible

- Phone correctly showing IMEI inside Settings

- Advanced Settings correctly identified the phone with model HM2014811 (wt88047) [codename: HM2XWCPro]

- I tried the method of “replacing the modem file in fastboot” without any luck

- I could not update to latest MIUI 8 custom ROM since development has been put on hold due to some important bugs reported by users.

This is how I recovered my phone:

1) I started updating the Custom Recovery (TWRP) following suggestions reported in another post in this forum. I cant found my way back to the post (my bad, too many pages seen in the last 24h) but I have the file and since I'm not allowed to post links that's the best I could do: goo [dot] gl [slah] vQsT5M

2) Then I downloaded the localized MIUI version 8-5.1 for HM2XWCPro 6 build 6.9.29 from here: goo [dot] gl [slah] ETZWXy

[the file is actually this one, for direct reference: goo [dot] gl [slah] WQOCLD ]

3) I copied the previously downloaded ZIP inside a microSD and then I inserted the microSD into the phone.

4) Using the file downloaded at 1 to update TWRP means you just have to enable USB Debug on the phone, connect it to the computer, authorize it and follow the on-screen instructions. At the end you might read an error about “device not found” but rest assured the procedure went fine: as a confirmation your device will reboot inside updated TWRP.

5) Once the TWRP started I gave another WIPE / Factory Resed to be sure to sart fresh.

6) At the end of the WIPE (a few seconds) I went back to the main menu and chose INSTALL

7) From the SD CARD I chose the file download at 2 and waited for the process to end (around 20 minutes including the first boot)

At the end of the upgrade the phone was capable again of locking to cellular signal with both cards and everything was perfectly working as before!

Just a few end-notes:

- I tired many (literary, MANY!) others custom MIUI versions but they were either inappropriate (cellular problem was still present) or way too old or even wrongly reported as compatible with my phone. This is the only and most recent Xiaomi EU MIUI 8 that is actually working for this phone.

- Somewhere there was a post where a user reported fixing the problem by downgrading TWRP and then applying a Factory Reset. I tried many times (5 to be exact) but any other TWRP version than the one linked at 1 wasn’t really compatible with this phone. After installing the ROM the process aborted with an error saying that the phone model wasn’t compatible with the firmware, but of course it was a false error since at the end with the correct TWRP that very file perfectly worked.

- Following the suggestion from the wrong TWRP version I ended up flashing a wrong image. (really bad idea, don’t do it!)

- Someone proposed to use MiFlash to Fastboot-Flash the Official Global Image but yet after this the cellular was knocked-off.

Now I hope that my experience might help others in the same situation, and I hope that my description was enough clear.

Thank you to all the members of this forum who had posted their experience in other threads and thank you for the moderators / authors who published several guides that helped me through the entire process.

I'm sorry, I'm away from home and I have problems with my internet connection.
Anyway, since there are several Redmi 2 pro, we always have to be careful with the fastboot Roms we use.
@NeoMod you have a HM2014811(wt88047) so your fastboot Roms are different from the HM2014813 (wt86047).

This is my phone:
Xiaomi Redmi 2 Pro 2GB RAM 16GB ROM Smartphone Black - Color : Black
Type-id shown under the battery: 2014813
Model number: wt88047
CMIT ID: 2014CP6138

@Jpmdek:
wt86047 = HM2014813
wt88047 = HM2014811

You must be careful with this because the wrong fastboot rom can brick your device or leave you with no network.

Enviado do meu 2014813 através de Tapatalk

I executed the instruction of NeoMod. Unfortunately the result was still "No Services". After the trick that replace the "NON-HLOS.bin. I had signal but other things are not working, fore example the lock-screen and "Settings"does not work.

Of course, I warned you, you have a HM2014813 and NeoMod's instructions are for HM2014811.

Enviado do meu Nexus 7 através de Tapatalk

Last edited:
Well. Can we conclude, for the Redmi-2 type: 2014813, there is no rom avalable thats working complete correct?!

Nothing helps. Is there somebody with a Redmi2 type: 2014813 who can deliver me the right rom thats works in Europe? Al the rom's I tried hase "no services". Replacing the NON-HLOS.bin result in "Signal" OK. But other some functions does not work.

It looks like, its not advisable to by a xiaomi mobile because you have not a good support when you have a firmware issue.

I will upload the fastboot rom I used in mine asap.

Update:
Ok, here you have it:
https://we.tl/LAZ86IIxFK

All you need is in the link.
1º Install MiFlashSetup-Beta
2º Extract wt86047_pro_images_6.9.29_20160805.0000.29_5.1_cn_01f4907ed1 so you end up with a folder with the same name.
3º Copy the folder to c:\ (you should also change its name to something short like "wt86047")
4º Open Miflash, select the folder, put your phone in fastboot and flash.
5º Flash twrp and the latest xiaomi.eu rom https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=529152257862670900

If you need any help feel free to ask.

These are the actual files I flashed on my HM2014813

Last edited:
Nothing helps. Is there somebody with a Redmi2 type: 2014813 who can deliver me the right rom thats works in Europe? Al the rom's I tried hase "no services". Replacing the NON-HLOS.bin result in "Signal" OK. But other some functions does not work.

It looks like, its not advisable to by a xiaomi mobile because you have not a good support when you have a firmware issue.
It's not xiaomi issue... You simply as guys allready stated flashed wrong rom so you have now wrong baseband. Remove battery and check what is says on phone back. There are alot of variations of redmi 2 so be careful in future. As guy already gave you advice how to fix, by flashing correct official firmware with Miflash and you will fix issue. Don't forget that to completely fix issue you need to flash rom with Miflash and not with twrp custom recovery. One note if your device is truly hm 2014813 then you can flash 2 type of official roms with Miflash one have 2014813 in name that's kitkat version and other are wt86047 which is lolipop official rom.

Sent from my 2014813 using Tapatalk

I'm in Portugal. And I used it in other countries too...
My device is the same, Redmi 2 Pro HM2014813 (wt86047).
Did you try the files I uploaded?

Great! I used the firmware and instruction form Bzidroglio. And my mobile works now whitout any problem.
Thanks to Bzidroglio!

Can you @Bzidroglio please post the files again.

I will upload the fastboot rom I used in mine asap.

Update:
Ok, here you have it:
All you need is in the link.
1º Install MiFlashSetup-Beta
2º Extract wt86047_pro_images_6.9.29_20160805.0000.29_5.1_cn_01f4907ed1 so you end up with a folder with the same name.
3º Copy the folder to c:\ (you should also change its name to something short like "wt86047")
4º Open Miflash, select the folder, put your phone in fastboot and flash.
5º Flash twrp and the latest xiaomi.eu rom....
If you need any help feel free to ask.

These are the actual files I flashed on my HM2014813

Last edited:
Don't forget to wipe cache and user data in recovery. Mostly after flashing the wright rom after a wrong flash, this can be very important.

I'm uploading the files again. I will share the link as soon as it finishes.
I will upload the file to a permanent cloud asap.

Enviado do meu Nexus 7 através de Tapatalk

Done!:

the file was deleted, Can you upload the file again?
thanks

Never mind. Found a correct one.

Last edited: