Encryption Problem?

Got it encrypted! The difference is i did not install Super SU.
What i did is to install v8.0.3 and then encrypt.

When i go back TWRP to install Super SU - it ask me for password to decrypt.
I enter password as set at lock screen but unable to decrypt. Password is always wrong.
So i can't install Super SU now!

It would be great if Super SU is part the of ROM packages.

As Gabor mentioned above, we might have a problem now that our phones are encrypted but password is not recognized by TWRP. Will test it when 8.0.4 comes.
Cheers, Lati

Gesendet von meinem MI MAX mit Tapatalk

Unfortunately, I also encountered the issue with password for the decryption, it seems that TWRP has a problem with the passwords. A solution for me could be to update via the MIUI update function, otherwise my data is lost and I need to reinstall everything again. However, I made backups prior the decryption but noticed that only 5 gb have been backuped by TWRP, but about 19 GB of storage are shown as used in info. So I guess that you guys that could not encrypt your phone are better off....
Cheers, Lati

Obviously there seems to be a problem with encryption in TWRP that is still unsolved. I hope with the next update of TWRP, this will be fixed. Cheers, Lati

So I just wanted you to know that I managed to encrypt my phone after I flashed the rom again. It took me about an hour. The thing is that you shouldn't root or do smth until the phone is encrypted.

So I just wanted you to know that I managed to encrypt my phone after I flashed the rom again. It took me about an hour. The thing is that you shouldn't root or do smth until the phone is encrypted.
Hi SchlepperD
I don't know if that was a good idea to do so with the 3.02.0 TWRP. This one is buggy, it won't accept your password for the encryption of your data partition, meaning no update via TWRP for you. We have to wait that this bug will be fixed by TWRP team. Seems to be a known bug. There is a slight chance that can update via regular updater in miui. I'm awaiting new stable to give it a try.
Having had that info in advance, I would not have encrypted my phone.

As encryption cannot be reversed, I have to reset data and start all over with installation and setup of mobile.
Cheers
Lati

Hi SchlepperD
I don't know if that was a good idea to do so with the 3.02.0 TWRP. This one is buggy, it won't accept your password for the encryption of your data partition, meaning no update via TWRP for you. We have to wait that this bug will be fixed by TWRP team. Seems to be a known bug. There is a slight chance that can update via regular updater in miui. I'm awaiting new stable to give it a try.
Having had that info in advance, I would not have encrypted my phone.

As encryption cannot be reversed, I have to reset data and start all over with installation and setup of mobile.
Cheers
Lati

Hi all
The 8.1 Miui version has been released on 31.10.16. I did download this version but I could not update the Miui, as the 3.0.2.0 TWRP cannot handle encrypted data partition. Even with the standard Miui update function has been redirected to the TWRP update. In other, I am currently locked on 8.0.3. Either wait for new TWRP that hopefully can handle encryption or start all over to install all applications and setup from scratch. Great...

Is there anybody out there with another approach or comment?

At the moment, I have the TWRP blues...

Cheers, Lati

In the meantime, I did reinstall my whole mobile and therefore deleted the encrypted data partition. So I strongly advise not to encrypt the partition as long as twrp is not able to handle encrypted data partition. The problem as I stated above is that twrp does not recognize the encryption password for data partition. I did not test what happens, if one tries to update the system partition with unaccessable data partition, volounteers, please!
Cheers, Lati

Hi Lati,

I didn't update the device since encryption and everything works like a charm. Have you tried to use cwm recovery instead of twrp?

I noted an issue with reconnecting Wlan in 8.0.3, as I wanted to be on state of the art security, I decided to make the move now. I did a factory reset and wanted to import my twrp backup that I made right before I did start encryption. I could restore the data partition, this partition was there, but now my old password did not unlock my mobile. As I had a company policy on it, I sucessfully managed to delete my restored data partition after 10 unsuccessful unlocking attempts. To break the downward spiral, I set up everything out of the scrach with later 8.1 update. The Wlan issue is gone, the battery seems to last even longer, unplugged it at 06.00 and around 22:00 with medium use it is still on 72%...
No, did not try cwm. I'm set with playing around, I need a stable mobile. I equipped the whole family with rmn3, I even consider to go to global international stock rom on my mimax pro as well. However, I noted that update policy on mimax seems to be faster though.

Good luck
Cheers, Lati

Any solution to the problem?
I encrypted my phone but twrp wouldn't accept the password when flashing weekly update. Also there is no option to decrypt the phone to reverse the procedure.
I had to backup my phone and delete the data in twrp before I could flash the update.

Obviously it twrp problem plus miui 8 that the phone can't be decrypted once encrypted.
I am sure miui8 should be fixed only as twrp may only be able to accept password to decrypt if your phone was rooted.

MiMax hydrogen. Not rooted.

Hi RayJayKay
Unfortunately, it's persisting. No solution so far, it is a TWRP problem, device independent. Seems to be there for some time. I solved mine by resetting data partition an did reinstall everything from scratch.