Unable To Unbootlock (stuck 50%) And Unable To Flash Dev Rom (newbie)

Kayoo

Members
Oct 11, 2016
Hi everybody,

I'm happy to join the european xiaomi community... and when i ordered a brand new xiaomi mi4c (16gb) from Hong Kong Goldway allieexpress shop, i planned to easily install your latest xiaomi.eu MIUI8 rom, but it's unfortunately impossible for the moment !

I suppose that Goldway sold me a phone with a modified rom which is based on V8.0.16.0 (MIUI7)

I have 2 major problems :
- i asked and received from xiaomi a code to unbootlock, but when i use the official mi unlock app, i'm stucked at 50% of the process, and verified with adb method : my phone is really locked.
- i saw a solution to unlock : flash the latest 6.10.20 dev rom and try to unbootlock again with the mi unlock app. I tried to use the internal phone app update to try to flash the dev rom, but when i try to choose the rom file in my internal memory, it says "install file explorer first"...

Can someone help me... I really want to unlock and install your rom : the french language in the Goldway firmware is so crap and i'm afraid of bloatware !

.oOo. Many ThAnKS Guys (and girls) !!!! .oOo.

Reactions: amarsriv22

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    11.8 KB · Views: 655
Reactions: amarsriv22
Hi Kudo93. Thanks for your answer.

But the major problem of the method you gave to me is that in the first step, you have to downgrade with the phone update app, and when y try to choose the rom in it, the phone is saying : "install file explorer first"...

Any idea ?

Hello Roman, Where did you buy your phone ?
You try to flash an old rom in order to unlock your bootloader ?

Hello Roman, Where did you buy your phone ?
You try to flash an old rom in order to unlock your bootloader ?
I bought phone via oppomart, it came with an ad-ware containing MIUI Version called "MIUI Global 8.6..10.0(RM1100), which does not bexist as far as i know. I only want to get rid of this exploit and come to the original ROM or the original weekly beta program.

Allready installed Mi File Explorer, but using the updater it does not accept the provided ROM-zip.

Thats why I think i have to unlock the bootloader and flash the Phone using Mi-Flash tool to get things done, right?

Last edited:
Same here.
Got it from Alibaba, from "Eternal Team." vendor.
Also got the "Install File Explorer First" issue.
Need the French language support for the user of this one...
(I have myself a Redmi Note 3 PRo ^^)
Any working and tested solution welcome.

Do the miflash thing. Downgrade via miflash, unlock oem bootloader via adb fastboot, install twrp and then eu rom.
Had my mi4c bootlooped as I try to jump from vendor rom to developer rom, requested unlock and the 50% stuck.. Tried to flash 6.10 stable rom, couples of time.
Actually since I wrongly used a slow usb port, ended with hours of unfinish installation, quitted the task, and came back next day retrying the same. Until an idea came up, parts of rom has been written to the phone, so I try oem unlock and succeed! Next came in twrp, follow up by transferring eu rom (and this time by 3.0 usb slot). AND thats it, mi4c is alive again..

Just some ideas about what i finally did from this version 8.0.16.0.
1 - i dit the unlock-go method with this : http://www.teamsuperluminal.org/forums/topic/unlocking-mi4c-bootloader-cant-be-this-easy/ - device info said phone unlock = true
2 - i rooted it with kingroot 4.5.2
3 - i replaced kingroot by supersu with this : http://missingtricks.net/replace-kingroot-kinguser-with-supersu-superuser-android-guide/
4 - i installed Flashify and flashed TWRP as recovery 3.0.2 (TWRP seems to work fine because it's ok when i press "power+volume up"

Next step is to flash latest weekly xiaomi.eu rom via flashify... I didn't tried because i'm really scared of possible problems (bootloop, etc...) because of that :
- i already asked xiaomi and obtained an unlock code and never tried it (stuck 50% problem). I don't know if xiaomi will recognize my phone as locked when i will install xiaomi.eu rom.
- As i rooted my phone and i installed TWRP and device info said phone unlock = true, is is really unlocked ?

Thanks for your help...

When u install xiaomi.eu on mi4C 16gb, how much storage still available on your phone ?

Last edited: