_Sal_

Members
Oct 20, 2016
I just got my new Mi4c from grossoshop and i have just installed:
twrp-3.0.2-0-libra
xiaomi.eu_multi_MI4c_6.10.20_v8-5.1
SuperSU
Then, using the installed play store app, I started to installed google apps like Allo, Duo, Messenger, Hangouts, GMail, Photos, etc
All of these apps, do not notify when calls or messages arrive or when they get updates. I thought it had something to do with permissions or battery usage, so i set all the apps to autostart, set all permissions on and also turned off battery saving. But nothing changed. They continue on not showing notifications. Only if I run them before receiving calls they will work.
IS there any solution for this problem? I really need to use google apps and i love MIUI 8, so before turning to cm13, i want to try to resolve this in some way.

Be sure they are enabled in AutoStart........Security> Permissions> Auto Start....
I did that but still not working. Also i noticed that in the 6.10.20 version, at the end of the permissions list of each app, there is a "Run in background" option that wasn't there in older versions. This makes me think, that maybe its a bug that they are trying to fix now.
Can i ask you if one of these apps work on your device without starting them before? I mean, if you make a fresh reset and then let someone send you a message with allo, do you get notifications?

can someone please describe me the correct way or order to install google apps? I'm getting crazy on it. Or please just tell me to stop because they do not work on miui so I can install cm13 and forget miui. This is what I'm doing:
1. Start into recovery twrp-3.0.2-0-libra
2. Wipe everything, and format data
3. Install xiaomi.eu_multi_MI4c_6.10.20_v8-5.1
4. At the end of install, wipe dalvik cache again
5. When recovery asks if I want to install SuperSu, I answer Yes and then reboot system
6. When the setup asks for MI account, I skip it (I have also done the same procedure providing a mi account)
7. When the setup asks for Google account, I skip it ( I have also done the same procedure providing a google account)
8. Once the system is up, I click on SuperSu App to update it. It tries to reboot into recovery but I have to do it manually using the option in the menu of the miui updater app.
8. Again, it starts into recovery, installs SuperSu and reboots miui
9. Once the system is up again, I tap on google play, I put in my google account and wait for it to auto update google web viewer, google keyboard and google cloud print.
10. Now every other google app that I install, will not notify me when it gets messages or updates. I tried with Hangouts, Allo, Duo, GMail, Messenger, etc. I also tried "ok google" and it doesn't answer. All these apps work only if i first start them all and leave them open.

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong and what's the correct way to do this? Is it a bug? should I give up? please, an answer.

Last edited:
Finally, with miui 8.3.0, no more need to touch anything. Google Allo and Duo, work great just by installing them.