Camera Shots

Eric1979

Members
Aug 20, 2016
I am curious about the Redmi Pro Camera quality.
Maybe people want to post some photos they took with their Redmi pro?
:)

78b7bc07007892add1a224cfa02c95e7.jpg

ee2a483ed4ac887a4a7638996d74a65f.jpg

6ae633c97994788ab65b3acc77c60a41.jpg

It's great under good light conditions as other phones do well :)
It's as badly as other phones do under night light conditions, except for some do better.
Overall it's acceptably in its range of price in comparison with other phones in the market.

Upgrading from Xiaomi Note1 & and been using Redmi Pro for two weeks. Tried few Chinese ROMs and EU ROMs as well.

The camera is NO good. Only acceptable outdoor photo under a bright sun! Indoor is NOT MUCH BETTER compare to my Xiaomi NOTE. Photos taken tend to be dark and not sharp. Expected it to be a little better than Note1 but REALLY it's not!!

This could be the reason the discontinue it.

VERY DISAPPOINTED WITH REDMI PRO!

Upgrading from Xiaomi Note1 & and been using Redmi Pro for two weeks. Tried few Chinese ROMs and EU ROMs as well.

The camera is NO good. Only acceptable outdoor photo under a bright sun! Indoor is NOT MUCH BETTER compare to my Xiaomi NOTE. Photos taken tend to be dark and not sharp. Expected it to be a little better than Note1 but REALLY it's not!!

This could be the reason the discontinue it.

VERY DISAPPOINTED WITH REDMI PRO!
I have to completely agree with you/
It's just great under good light of condition.

Yes, i agree, too. Outdoor shots are very good, but in darker conditions (indoor) it produces blurry bad shots. I will change to an other phone in a few weeks. Bought the phone, because of its camera, but im disapointed with it. No exposure in manual mode, no live hdr... And so on. I think im changing to meizu or anything. My phone before, the meizu m3 note was better in software with completly manual settings, but had a bad camera hardware.

Yes, i agree, too. Outdoor shots are very good, but in darker conditions (indoor) it produces blurry bad shots. I will change to an other phone in a few weeks. Bought the phone, because of its camera, but im disapointed with it. No exposure in manual mode, no live hdr... And so on. I think im changing to meizu or anything. My phone before, the meizu m3 note was better in software with completly manual settings, but had a bad camera hardware.

Oh I see ... Sad
I saw on global mi forum there were ways to unlock manual controls on some Redmi phones but I don't remember which ones.
As of myself I unlocked RAW photo shooting on my Mi Note Pro on third party apps with a mod I found on XDA.
Head to this two.
Still I find the photos you took outside are great.

Oh I see ... Sad
I saw on global mi forum there were ways to unlock manual controls on some Redmi phones but I don't remember which ones.
As of myself I unlocked RAW photo shooting on my Mi Note Pro on third party apps with a mod I found on XDA.
Head to this two.
Still I find the photos you took outside are great.

Yes, look at my oooold threath:
https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/unlock-camera-features-exposure-manual-focus.33787/

I think there are missing some libs, but i have a lack of knowlage for this

Screenshot_2016-10-21-08-12-55-832_com.android.camera.png
Screenshot_2016-10-21-08-13-14-348_com.android.camera.png

Reactions: MatVekk
I see that there are options in Mode settings with center focus, frame focus, and spot focus - which one do you prefer to use?

Is anybody able to find where depth information are saved? I read that Redmi Pro is able to do after focus so depth info should be saved somewhere on android filesystem (I hope a full depth map). I would appreciate if someone could share such files if found.

I have to agree that the redmi pro only takes good photos in well lit conditions. Under low light or even indoor lighting the photos captured tend to have alot of noise and is over processed making the photos look soft and unnatural. The dual camera is more of a gimmick rather than something that works to boost image quality like in the Huawei range of dual camera phones. But for the price, I don't think anyone can really complain too much about the camera since it is inline with other phones that cost as much.

Reactions: MatVekk
I have to agree that the redmi pro only takes good photos in well lit conditions. Under low light or even indoor lighting the photos captured tend to have alot of noise and is over processed making the photos look soft and unnatural. The dual camera is more of a gimmick rather than something that works to boost image quality like in the Huawei range of dual camera phones. But for the price, I don't think anyone can really complain too much about the camera since it is inline with other phones that cost as much.
Yes you are right

Inviato dal mio Xiaomi RedMi Note 2

Is there any chance that we can do some mods to enable 4K video recording?
There is some phones with similar hardware that can record 4K, like Meizu MX6...
This camera is ok in good light contidions, but video is not good at all.