Suspersu Not Giving Me Root Access.

ximiki

Members
Oct 4, 2016
I have installed Supersu 2.78 without problems through twrp, but when i check for root with a root check app its saying the device is not rooted. I have tried reflashing it and removing it from the app to renstall from playstore, but still nothing.

Im using xiaomi.eu 6.10.13 rom, and i just noticed that in the download page it mentions supersu 2.76. Could it be that i need to downgrade to this supersu version?

If so is it safe too just reflash the older version .zip file through twrp, or i need to do a factory reset/rom reflash before to get it working?

or is it totally something else?

Well there is an option inside superSu ,full unroot under the settings.Or you can just do a local backup and factory reset and flash an older version

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

i didnt see that option. closest i see is "install super su in /system" which is unavailable ( greyed out)

do i need to buy supersu pro?

Well just under that section is Clean up which offer that option.Oh to get pro features go again to setting ,scroll down to the end and check enable pro features

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Im using xiaomi.eu 6.10.13 rom, and i just noticed that in the download page it mentions supersu 2.76. Could it be that i need to downgrade to this supersu version?
About that, i use SupersSU 2.78 on xiaomi.eu 6.10.13 and root works fine.

i ended up fixing it, since i updated to 10.20 i wnt ahead and then factory reset and then rebooted into twrp installing 2.76.