Rom Xiaomi.eu Stable For Redmi Note 4

xiaomi.eu uses the china ROMs! that is the #454
#455 is the oficial global Stable 8.0.3.0

china stable 8.0.9.0 for the RN4 is aviable:
http://en.miui.com/download-309.html#454
now i hope we get fast a stable ROM ! :)

Me too.

Just curious. On current Xiaomi.eu ROM, do you have major issues with memory and lag? Apps being killed from background very quick, and also after a while it just starts to get reaaally slow and you have to clear memory manually anyway to get speed back?

This is the only major issue I have, and I hope it's solved soon... because right now my Note 4 is worse than my Xperia Z which is three years old!

Me too.

Just curious. On current Xiaomi.eu ROM, do you have major issues with memory and lag? Apps being killed from background very quick, and also after a while it just starts to get reaaally slow and you have to clear memory manually anyway to get speed back?

This is the only major issue I have, and I hope it's solved soon... because right now my Note 4 is worse than my Xperia Z which is three years old!
I do not have such issues on the weekly XiaoMI.eu Rom, it works great, no lags, great performance and a huge battery life, although I have the 2GB/16GB version.

I do not have such issues on the weekly XiaoMI.eu Rom, it works great, no lags, great performance and a huge battery life, although I have the 2GB/16GB version.

I have 2GB too. Great, no idea what my problem is then... kind of regret getting this device.

Can you also switch between Chrome, Facebook, and another app without having to reload? 2GB seems to be too little for MIUI 8, everything in background is getting killed off.

I have 2GB too. Great, no idea what my problem is then... kind of regret getting this device.

Can you also switch between Chrome, Facebook, and another app without having to reload? 2GB seems to be too little for MIUI 8, everything in background is getting killed off.

Chrome, Tweetings, Mi Fit, Miband Tools, Google play, Gmail,Whatsapp, Telegram, ... I do not have to close any of them, and I can switch between them with no problem at all.
I have all of them Autostart enabled, and no battery restrictions. So they're never killed off.

Chrome, Tweetings, Mi Fit, Miband Tools, Google play, Gmail,Whatsapp, Telegram, ... I do not have to close any of them, and I can switch between them with no problem at all.
I have all of them Autostart enabled, and no battery restrictions. So they're never killed off.

Well you're literally the first person I've seen who's admitted to have NO problems AT ALL, lol. Guess you're just lucky. There are a lot of people reporting issues with MIUI8 on the Note 4 over on en.miui.com forums - bad memory use and app retention being a common one.

Well you're literally the first person I've seen who's admitted to have NO problems AT ALL, lol. Guess you're just lucky. There are a lot of people reporting issues with MIUI8 on the Note 4 over on en.miui.com forums - bad memory use and app retention being a common one.
I guess I am the lucky one, I had all those problems you describe with the official Rom, Both China and Global. No push notifications, poor battery performance, lag while trying to switch apps,... All those problems were solved with this XiaoMI.eu ROM, but I have minor issues with a few proprietary apps, like LightFlow, to change the notification LED color, sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. TeslaUnread (I use Nova Launcher) doesn't work too,... I do not now if it's just a configuration problem. I'm working on it, because those apps went just fine with the official Rom.

I guess I am the lucky one, I had all those problems you describe with the official Rom, Both China and Global. No push notifications, poor battery performance, lag while trying to switch apps,... All those problems were solved with this XiaoMI.eu ROM, but I have minor issues with a few proprietary apps, like LightFlow, to change the notification LED color, sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. TeslaUnread (I use Nova Launcher) doesn't work too,... I do not now if it's just a configuration problem. I'm working on it, because those apps went just fine with the official Rom.

I use Nova + Tesla Unread too, it works fine. Well I am using Tesla Unread beta, since it had Facebook support, but FB count badge in particular no longer works. Not sure what to suggest, there is that "Enable Notification Access" thing somewhere in settings that's needed - but I'm pretty sure starting Tesla Unread puts you through that process. Maybe try the Beta too?

I re-enabled the "MIUI Optimization" setting in Developer Options and it seems to be better. Still disappointed with how MIUI uses ~600MB more than AOSP, apps often needing to be reloaded because of that, but I guess that's something I just have to put up with....

....still, I wish I knew this in advance - I'd have payed the extra ~$50 for the 3GB model :(

I use Nova + Tesla Unread too, it works fine. Well I am using Tesla Unread beta, since it had Facebook support, but FB count badge in particular no longer works. Not sure what to suggest, there is that "Enable Notification Access" thing somewhere in settings that's needed - but I'm pretty sure starting Tesla Unread puts you through that process. Maybe try the Beta too?

I re-enabled the "MIUI Optimization" setting in Developer Options and it seems to be better. Still disappointed with how MIUI uses ~600MB more than AOSP, apps often needing to be reloaded because of that, but I guess that's something I just have to put up with....

....still, I wish I knew this in advance - I'd have payed the extra ~$50 for the 3GB model :(
I'm using the beta version too, sometimes it looses the authorisation to access notifications and I have to reenable it.. I don't know if it's a Rom issue or a Tesla issue... Most of the time it works fine...

This was really useful information. :) I installed the XiaoMI.eu ROM yesterday (coming from china developer). The battery life is much better now. No problems with standby drain any more. The phone is also much faster and bloat free now.

Reactions: Brirky
I'm using the beta version too, sometimes it looses the authorisation to access notifications and I have to reenable it.. I don't know if it's a Rom issue or a Tesla issue... Most of the time it works fine...

Well that's strange, perfectly fine for me! We are running the exact same firmware but have differing problems...

Does it reset on reboot? If so, it's been asked about on official forum, you should report that you also have the issue too - might be a bug that only happens in certain circumstances. http://en.miui.com/thread-381610-1-1.html

Ok so just FYI for y'all interested...

For the latest 6.10.13, I did a full wipe - installed the China Weekly Dev ROM via SP Flash Tool, and did a clean flash of Xiaomi firmware... memory use is MUCH MUCH better. Before, cycling between Facebook, Play Store and Chrome with 2 tabs open would have each app needing to be reloaded with only ~150MB free... now they don't reload at all, and I have ~500MB free.

Yay! Not sure if the firmware fixed it, or I just had messed up settings - but I'm happy :)

EDIT: Ah, they enabled zRAM in this build. That's good - the X20 can surely handle the overhead of memory compression.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wilderone
I had a few issues initially I went from China dev rom which I installed for unlocking the bootloader to xiaomi.eu multi without wiping, it worked ok but I had some speed issues and some unlocking issues with fingerprint and apps closing I decided to do a full wipe and reflash for a the update 2 weekly's back and since doing that I have had no significant issues. Mine is the 3gb/64gb version. In suggest you think about a full wipe and fresh install and then see how you go.

Can anyone install xposed to 6.10.20 eu rom?
I install framework, but xposed is not activated.

@Brirky

Hi,
Can you please tell me what SOT you get with xiaomi.eu roms and under what conditions(4G, 3G or only wifi, screen brigtness, mail sync, etc)?
I'm on official Global Stable 8.0.4.0 and I get around 5h (+/-) with 3G from 8-18 and then wifi, manual screen brigtness at 50%. I would have expected more SOT and I'm thinking about returning the device and get the Redmi 4 when it's released( my device is RN4 64Gb)

Tnx!