Help: Recovery/twrp Not Working

Pflaume

Members
Oct 23, 2016
Hi fellow Mi-fans,

I just bought the new Redmi Pro and wanted to install the global rom for it, using this guide:
this forum/threads/6-10-13.35585/

First I installed China developer version
Then I unlocked
Then I installed TRWP Omega Version

Now here is where I am stuck. Whenever I boot recovery now, the screen just shows black with a phone in there and a cable going in an out, at the bottom it says pc.suite.mi. I tried downloading that but it dosnt recognize my device/requests an update on it.

Anybody got an idea? I have never used TWRP or recovery, maybe I am doing something wrong???

Thanks for the help,
Anton

Hi fellow Mi-fans,

I just bought the new Redmi Pro and wanted to install the global rom for it, using this guide:
this forum/threads/6-10-13.35585/

First I installed China developer version
Then I unlocked
Then I installed TRWP Omega Version

Now here is where I am stuck. Whenever I boot recovery now, the screen just shows black with a phone in there and a cable going in an out, at the bottom it says pc.suite.mi. I tried downloading that but it dosnt recognize my device/requests an update on it.

Anybody got an idea? I have never used TWRP or recovery, maybe I am doing something wrong???

Thanks for the help,
Anton

Hello Anton

Please ignore the MI PC Suite. You don't need it.

I had the same issue with the screen showing a phone with a plug moving in and out.

Try these steps:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-pro/how-to/how-to-beginner-how-to-twrp-global-rom-t3458124

That should solve your issues.

That worked like a charm, thanks! Its my 5th Xiaomi and I finally spent the time and managed to do this update, excited for the multi ROM!