Update Rom Miami.eu From 6.6.16 To 6.9.29 Or 6.10.13

Graco

Members
Oct 14, 2016
Hello, I have a Mi Max with rom MIUI 8 by xiaomi.eu 6.6.16 Beta, and I would like to update to lastest version, 6.9.29 or 6.10.13, but every time I try to do it through updater, the answer I get is "can't verify update". Could anyone help me, please? How can I do it? Any risk? Does it worth?

Hello, I have a Mi Max with rom MIUI 8 by xiaomi.eu 6.6.16 Beta, and I would like to update to lastest version, 6.9.29 or 6.10.13, but every time I try to do it through updater, the answer I get is "can't verify update". Could anyone help me, please? How can I do it? Any risk? Does it worth?
so? reboot to TWRP and instlal zip there...

Reactions: Аленка
Hello again, before installing .zip, is it necessary or recommendable do wipe and click dalvik cache, data and cache ?
Thanks in advance

You don't need to wipe data if you wanna keep your apps already installed otherwise you will have to reinstall everything again... just David and cache after flashing

Thanx you, very much
Just a question ... why app updater is failure? Is it normal? Any brick risk if recovery mode is used?

Enviado desde mi SGP311 mediante Tapatalk

It depends in the ROM you have.. if you are using weekly rim with no OTA updates then no updates available, the only way you do is via two unless you flash a stable ROM with OTA..
See here

https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/6-10-13.35585/

Some facts about OTA delay:
  • OTA packages are always same as posted here, so FULL ROM (400-1000MB)
  • Installation via OTA is same as you do, so Updater - Menu - Select installation zip
  • OTA is uploading into Xiaomi china servers which are very slow for download and upload (usually 30-40kb/s for uploading over 10GB) so I have to upload them always at night one by one and I dont have time for doing that every week... Unfortunately OTA account is binded to my Xiaomi account so nobody else can do that instead of me...
  • So we decided to upload OTA only once per month or more and not weekly... Users who are lazy to go here and download zip manually, can wait over month to get new version via OTA, they just dont care about new updates...
  • OTA for cancro / virgo / redmi 2 is too risky after Android base change.. so we decided to save users from bricked devices caused by OTA update... they have to updatemanually to have it under control...

Reactions: Graco
Ohhh thanks a lot again, now I understand perfectly

Enviado desde mi SGP311 mediante Tapatalk