Data In Roaming

spockie

Members
Dec 6, 2015
Hello folks.

I've used several ROM versions since I first got my Mi4C, so I can't assure it happened with all of them, but at least I can say it's not only the one I'm using right now (6.29.9).

I travel a lot because of my work, and as roaming fares in spanish companies are obscene, I always keep my phone configured for not allowing data when roaming.

But even that way, the phone makes frequent connections of some hundreds bytes, some times some Kb. When I travel in Europe it's not so important, but I spent 10 days in Japan and I received an SMS from my phone company telling I already spent 36 euro (about 40 USD)... and I never changed my phone configuration.

So, there's a bug somewhere in these ROMS. The option to disable data when roaming should be strictly respected, as it is in every Android device I've used before.

I won't die because those 36 euro, but it hurts when you spend them in... nothing!

Did you ever found this behavior?

Cheers!

Hey! Can't you deactivate roaming through your provider?

Trimis de pe al meu Mi-4c folosind Tapatalk

I don't trust this sort of settings. So, to play on the safe side, I simply desable mobile data when abroad.

Thanks Victor and Arincu.

Of course I can deactivate roaming through my provider, but I'm not saying I don't want to use roaming, but to have control on it.

Regarding deactivating data. It's what I'm doing now, but I'd prefer to get this bug solved and forget about completely activate/deactivate data. Just having data back when I land in my home country, as I always did before.

Reactions: Arincu