Mi4 Lte Ramdom Reboots [with Logs]

2 months free of reboots on iva room.
cne is set to 0 (by default)
I will test to enabled it.
271cbd971ac858a3902397b60a9cd53d.jpg

Enviado desde mi MI 4LTE mediante Tapatalk

Reactions: jc rey and buzdo
In KK it was also disabled, that's why I tried this.
But with ivan rom kernel is different so it might not even matter.

Reactions: jc rey
Ok good test, we can see if reboot happens with mpdecision and cne off.

Did you clear cache and dalvik after editing the build.prop? It's important so
apk dependencies get rebuilt.
Yes, wipes are done, but for the moment mpdecision still active since I never got a reboot without mpdecision since August.

Envoyé de mon MI 4W en utilisant Tapatalk

hi, having my on my running in the background mi4 wake lock with its block cel has restarted, I state that I had the app with permission to start

hi, having my on my running in the background mi4 wake lock with its block cel has restarted, I state that I had the app with permission to start
You might have to try @buzdo 's method of diabling CNE or my method of fastboot flashing with MiFlash selecting the advanced options.

It looks so simple. Why don't solve it the miui developers???

Sent from my MI 4LTE using Tapatalk
at least with just disabling cne persist, no reboot on 180h, changed to beta rom 6.10.25 I applied the same.
Note that before doing that I did a full miflash with global dev rom 'flash all'.

Also there are 2 main issues:
first the reboots
second the fact that only 2 cores are available, 2 are disabled and cannot be activated anymore.

seems we have workarounds for reboots
For active cores, the only way is to remove mpdecision+thermal conf to recover 4 cores, and you will notice it has better battery life ! (my guess is that 4 cores at 500MHz consumes much less power than 2 at 1GHz)

Last edited:
@jc rey What do your recent tests show with mpdecision on and cne off?

it ran fine for 180h, no reboot (rom 6.10.18).
I stopped the test as I installed new global beta 6.10.25, and reapplied the same cne off, mpdecision on. It seems however they changed the mpdecision, but we still get only two cores working.

Could be a combination of things then or just blind coincidence regarding the cne thing.

Unfortunately it looks like cne off is not foolproof. My gf's phone battery discharged completely because she wasn't able to charge it in time, anyway after a full recharge 2 reboots happened about 10 hrs apart, but now it's again working over 100hrs uptime. No idea what to make of this.

Still never had this much uptime before this so I'm keeping it off. Since cne is related to network data usage and wifi data usage I guess reboots could have something to do with either of this.

Cne disabled got reboot on global dev... Sadly

Cne disabled got reboot on global dev... Sadly

How much uptime did you manage to get?

Gf's phone now rebooting constantly again too. :( But before complete battery drain the uptime was excellent with no reboots.

Gf's phone now rebooting constantly again too. :( But before complete battery drain the uptime was excellent with no reboots.
About 40h with 6.10.25 and cne off.
More than 180 with 6.10.18 with cne off.

Envoyé de mon MI PAD en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited:

What rom version?

Envoyé de mon MI PAD en utilisant Tapatalk